Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:35 am
-- Aim Rp between Felyn and DFA (Kapuki and Nili)

Kapuki huffed quietly as she lay down on the old rock jutting out from the depths of the beach. Her tail hung carefully over the side, brushing through the soft sand with the tip, but her eyes held attention only for the waves. They crashed up against distant rocks, breaking and falling back only to charge again - and her eyes danced with joy. She'd never be foolish enough to go out there while the ocean was so angry, but even in its anger it was beautiful.

She huffed and shook her head as she remembered the stupid boy that ran out into the middle of the ocean rocks, then got swept away. "He's lucky I don't tell his daddy that he's not here today like he's supposed to be," she said with a small huff, turning her pale eyes back to look at the shells gathered between her paws. Well, the only reason she didnt tell was because she didn't know how to get to his pride.

Nili had been bored for once; which was a rare ocassion indeed. Usualy his flowers (some which clung to his form with elegance, making him look more like a girl than the male he was) were enough to keep him ocupied for days on end. Today however, he felt slightly restless; he figured he'd seek out the girl he'd helped a couple of days ago, but as he reached the beach... he saw now the white pelt of the female. Instead he saw a red and black girl, and his maw formed a small 'o' as he nodded; Ah, this was his brother's 'master', no doubt. He smirked then and padded nearer, reaching the rock in time to listen to her words. A small, light chuckle escaped his maw, his eyes lided, his voice musical; such a contradiction from Tau himself, "Good luck with that... Tau hardly ever listens to anyone. Doesn't ever do as he's willed to," a pause as he dipped his head, "I'm Nili'jicho, Tau's brother. I never quite caught your name when they were talking about 'The incident' the other day; whom do I have the pleasure to meet?"

Kapuki rolled her eyes towards the smaller cub, her tail curling back up around her hind leg as she listened to him. She couldn't help smiling at the other boy - he just seemed to cute with those flowers. And he was nicer than Tau was. "He will learn," she said quietly, turning her gaze to peer back out at the ocean, "I'd hate to see what happens the next time he gets too close to the ocean if he does not. It forgave him once already, and he is wearing its mercy thin." After she said those words, her mouth quirked back into a smile, pale eyes moving back to him once again, "my name is Kapuki. It's nice to meet you. I figured you must have been related to him and all - you have those leg things like Tau and your father." She nodded, glancing down at her seashells and shifting them around slightly. Such pretty things.

"I don't know," he said with a small chuckle, allowing himself to sit down beside her, his eyes looking out to sea, "He thinks he's always right; the world's there for him to take. No ammount of failure seems to convince him of the oposite either," it didn't seem strange to him that she was talking as if the ocean were alive; after all he spoke to the flowers every day himself. He knew how it was, "The flowers told me; they saw the ordeal from the shore line," he motioned towards the plants that litered the shore, some nearer to sea than others, "If I were the ocean, I'd have whacked him over the head to get the mesague across. As it is, with Tau, it goes through one ear and out the other," he snorted slightly, then shook his head. Turning his gaze downward, he lifted a paw, regarding the purple that marked him there, "Father says... that they're the waves of the ocean. We're ocean-marked. That's why our eyes are blue too," he smiled, then returned his gaze towards the water. It was his father's muse and as such he held great respect for it.

She smirked as she listened to his brother talk about how hard-headed he really seemed to be. Her tail flickered again, brushing the tip across the rock in an attempt to rid herself of the sand it had collected. "Well, if he's not careful he's going to make the ocean very angry one day. It is beautiful, and it can be kind, but it has an awful temper," she shook her head sadly, almost as if she were half-afraid for Tau. "It does not forget even when it forgives, and if he doesn't do as he's told, he's likely to meet its rough side." Which she honestly believed. She'd seen countless numbers of crabs or jellyfish tossed and crushed against the rocks or the beach.

Her eyes shifted down to the paws of Nili, a small smile spreading over her mug. "You're right," she said with a small tilt of her head, "they do look like ocean waves." She smiled softly at this, staring down at her own paw markings. They were slightly wave-ish, but nothing like Nili's. "My eyes are blue too," she said with a purring tone on her voice. Anything that connected her to the ocean was right up her alley. The fact that their father said blue eyes were ocean-marked only made her smile. Hers may have been lighter, but they were still blue.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:43 am
"Indeed it does," he nodded; Hadithi had told them that the ocean was nothing something they should ever challenge. Or the wind for that matter. Nili had learn quite a lot about his parents' muses, and as time passed, the young cub grew more and more sure of what his own muse was. He'd not spoken out his mind yet, but did he really need to? It was clearly obvious as far as he was concerned, "Let us hope, for his sake, he does not feel the need to challenge the elements any further than he has," the way he stared at the waves however made it clear he did not believe his brother would change. Ever.

"You are ocean marked then," he smiled, "Father told me that the ocean pride here are children of the ocean. I heard you were from another ocean pride. I bet you're related to the ocean too. The blue in your eyes proves this. We are ocean marked," he nodded his head, as if he believed this to be the truth of all truths.

"I hope so," she said with a small nod, though her eyes did seem to be rather troubled, "I won't always be around to save him. I think the ocean might have made things worse on him if I hadn't been here for it to give him to me." She sighed, spreading out some of her seashells and staring down at them. There was a very pretty one, large, striped with white and gold - but it had a big, large crack down the center. "The ocean can be cruel, even to the things it loves."

She smirked at his words however, and turned her face back up to meet his, "yes, I'm from the ocean pride near here. I wasn't born there, but I think the ocean called my parents so that I could live near it." She nodded, then, almost as an afterthought, "Chozi too, I guess. I don't know about the rest of them - they don't seem to love it the same." However, she nodded with him, echoing his words, "we are ocean marked." It was the truth, as simple as that.

"Many elements can; they sometimes don't realise their strength," he looked down at the shells, his eyes hooded, "Sometimes the rain can hurt the flowers and plants, even though.... they love eachother, for flowers can not grow without the rain; they are a plant's gift to the falling water. Sometimes the rain is so hard it wreks them and tears them up," he lifted his gaze to the ocen waves, "I think the ocean is the same," a pause, followed by a smile, "I bet you saved him. Let us home he comes to terms."

"Ah," he nodded his head, as if her words made total, complete and utter sense, "The wind brought my mother here, to my father," it was as much an explanation as he needed to tell her; he believed it to be true, "We are," he agreed with her, "I like to believe i'm flower marked too; my mother has green markings here," he raised his paws and covered the markings under his eyes, "Her father used to tell her her eyes were roses... red roses, with the green markings being the leaves," he allowed his paws to reach the ground once more, "I have my mother's leaf markings."

She nodded as she listened to his story about the rain and the flowers, her eyes drifting back out to the ocean almost as if she were in a trance. Sure, she was listening to him, but she was also half-drawn by the lulling of the splashing waves. If this weren't a spot where the ocean seemed to seethe with its pent up anger, she would have gone out to it. "The ocean can embrace, or it can ruin," she said finally, "and I don't know about the rain or the wind, but I know that in the end, they are all a part of the same thing no matter how different they seem." She nodded, offering him a weak smile. That was just the world they lived in - nurturing, but cruel. Tau would meet with many problems if he didn't learn to give in soon. "He will learn, I know he will. It's up to him whether his learning is easy or hard, though."

She smiled as she heard Nili say the wind brought his mother to his father, her eyes drifting back to the ocean. "I wish I had a story like that," she said quietly. Then, with a small shrug, she glanced back to him, "but my family is very ordinary. I don't think they really listen to the ocean." Her smile broadened as she looked at his eyes, studying them for a few moments, "they do look kind of like leaves. Maybe they are from a different kind of flower. Not all flowers have green leaves."

"True enough," he nodded, having instantly taken up a liking to her way or thinking and her nature. In a way he thought they were both very similar... obvious, glaring diferences such as gender and colors aside. Deep down, where it counted, they were very alike, "Submission is not his forté, just keep working at him," he returned her smile with one of his own, "And while you're working at it, I would love to keep you company in his place."

This said, he turned back towards the waves, watching them with... though not nearly as much love as she did, with enough curiosity to keep him rooted to the place. He knew how she felt for those water. He felt like that for the flowers; they were vividly diferent... so colorful, and so strong. Indeed, many flowers had thorns and other ways of protection; Nili had always found them to be fascinating, since birth. Blinking out of his trance, he turned to her, nosing her maw with his nose, "Stories are to be lived; perhaps your story will be much more enticing and interesting than that any of us have ever heard yet..." he smiled, "I saw one with red leaves once," a pause followed, then slowly, he lifted his tail and plucked out one of the many flowers that adorned it. Aiming a small glance her way, he moved towards the edge of the rock and dropped the flower, watching it drift down towards the water before flopping back down on the floor.

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:14 am
Kapuki smiled at the thought of him keeping her company. She was usually a very lone creature and she really only spent time with Chozi. Truth be told, she usually avoided even Chozi if she could manage it. However, something enticed her about the younger male - he thought the same way as she did and seemed to have a lot of the same notions. It was nice to finally meet someone that she felt she could be friends with. She needed a friend. "I think that would be lovely," she said with a smile, tilting her head to look at him again, "at least I know some of his family can be grateful and kind."

"I hope my story is a good one, then," she said, though she didnt really understand what he was saying about stories. She had heard some, but there were not that many connected to her, and even those were more angsty than fairy tales. She figured she'd find out from him one day. She watched him sit up and drop his flower into the ocean, startled for a moment as he did so. She was sure it would be crushed and tattered. Then she realized that that was how the world was - nurturing, but hars. They had only just said it. With a smile, she scooted the white and gold shell to the edge of the rock, letting ot topple and fall back into the water itself.

"Like you said," he murmured back at her, "Give him time; he'll come around. It'll take time, and patience no doubt... but he'll come around. Wether he likes it or not," if only just because that was the way things worked. It was as simple as that; things worked in a way; the world was mechanical in that sense. Just like the sun came out every morning, and hid every single night; there were things one could always expect.... and count on. Change was one of them, or so he thought, "I'm glad you'd like that," the words were purred mildly at her, and then he lifted a paw, offering it to her. Even though he said nothing, the word was written all over his features; 'Friends'?

"I'm sure your story will be one of the best the world has ever heard," he lifted his head up, watching the clouds, and then the ocean as it drowned both shell and flower, connecting them.

She smiled at him and nodded at his words, her tail curling back around her hindleg as she lay there atop that rock. "He will come around," she echoed, shifting her eyes out to the ocean, almost as if it held a secret that only they knew. She shifted to reach out and put her paw on his, her eyes echoing the same expression written on his. They would be good friends, even if his brother didn't want to be around her.

"And I'm sure yours will be just as good," she said with a smile, her eyes locked onto the shel and the flower as the ocean swallowed them up. It was almost like a pact, really. They would be together forever.

[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games