Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
un codeing the titles and covers Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bella Cullen7676

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:42 pm
ok in twilight the cover has an apple....obviously the hands are Edwards...the apple is a symbole for knowlage and in the book Edward gives bella the knowlage of the whole vampire thing

ok new moon the rose once agian is obviosly the rose from bellas party and it's dieing because Edward left Bella (remember he thought it was best for her) and the title it's kinda like when Bella starts her life agian with Jacob as a best friend (nothing more)

ok Eclipse Well the title it's kinda of like Jacob and Edward in Bella's life...The two kinda come together and she has to choose (please let it be edward) And for the cover....this is a theory....well instead of 'tieing the knot' with edward it's more like 'cutting the string' once agian thats a theory and this one as well is a theory...umm Bella is torn between b.f.f. and b.f.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:54 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Well I think the the apple on the cover of Twilight can represent alot of things; the Forbidden Fruit from the book of Genesis, the Golden Apple from the Greek myth of the Judgement of Paris and it could also represent the poisoned apple in Snow White. There are loads of stories that use apples to symbolize something of evil and choice

And uh...isn't the flower on the cover of New Moon a tulip?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

KiraLight
Crew

Bella Cullen7676

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:57 pm
no it's a rose just it's willting so it looks likke a different flower

and in basics......apples are knowlage im not talking about a poison apple in the book of genisis it isn't necisarilly and apple just the forbiden fruit and it is the tree of knowlage the fruit came from  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:59 pm
Taken directly from Stephenie's site

Q. What kind of flower is that on the cover, and what does it mean?

A. That is a ruffled tulip. As for the meaning… If you've read the Twilight faq, you know that the apple cover had a lot of meaning for me, and I was an active part of the covering process. However, that experience is more the exception than the rule in the publishing world. Something to keep in mind if you intend to embark on a career as a writer: lots of things you might expect to be under your control are not. Covers, for example. Those are mostly up to the publisher and the marketing and sales departments. So I don't know what the tulip means—I didn't have anything to do with this one.

KiraLight
Crew

[[.sheryl.]]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:42 pm
For some reason, I always thought the hands on the front cover of Twilight belonged to Bella. She also has pale skin, and the hands seem kind of feminine to me I guess...

Not sure about the New Moon cover, but I think it's not a wilted rose because there's one tacked to the top of my lamp light switch and it's kind of gone brown instead of drooping sweatdrop *points to Kira's post about the flower* Most likely that, although I haven't read it on her website before.

I read somewhere, might have been someone else's post here or at the Lexicon website, that red ribbons mean marriage or something like that. Not sure, though. domokun  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:50 pm
they do ....im refering to the ribbon..but if you read the whole thing i sid it's a theory  

Bella Cullen7676

KiraLight
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:20 pm
Yeah, I always assumed that the hands were Bella's as well. Like..Bella holding the forbidden fruit..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:51 pm
KiraLight
Yeah, I always assumed that the hands were Bella's as well. Like..Bella holding the forbidden fruit..
Yes, my exact thoughts on the Twilight cover.

On the New Moon cover, to be exact, there is a French tulip. My friend and I wore some to the Eclipse midnight release party that we went to. We even ruffled them and held them to the cover.

The Eclipse cover has a ripping ribbon, of course. I heard somewhere (I think maybe on the the Lexicon, or something. Doesn't really matter.)that it was supposed to represent her breaking Bella's ties with her human life. Notice how there are three main threads holding the ribbon together and that one has been ripped. I think that the three of them represent the ties that she has made and now has to break. The one that is ripped, I believe, represents Jacob and her other friends. The other two are Charlie, Renee, and the rest of her family, and the rest of her humanity itself.
In the end, though, I think she will eventually break all of her ties, but then there will be a cure for vampirism found and Edward will take it. (Along with the rest of the Cullens)
BAM. Instant happy ending.  

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

chevalierobsessed

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:08 pm
Stephenie Meyer said on her website that the fruit on the cover of Twilight IS the forrbidden fruit. With it you gain the knowledge of good and evil. Perhaps Edward is holding the apple out ot Bella. Like he's offering her imortality without a soul or mortality with a soul. Or it could that he's offering her a normal life next to one where she is consetently in danger. *Shrugs* I just had that thought.

I can't quite figure out New Moon. It could be that the flower is Bella... wilting because Edward is gone. Though if it was there would have to be something for Jacob... something to suggest healing(well, not quite HEALING). It's only logical. It MIGHT be Bella even though. The red could be a symbol of blood.

As for Eclipse, I think it's the ribbon of fate.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:59 pm
The Kraken & KiraLight have the symbols down to a science :]

I could swear I had direct quotes from Stephenie on all three covers, but this is all I could find aside from the one KiraLight already posted...

Quote:
Myspace Q&A:

Q. Whose hands are on the cover of Twilight?
A. A model's. (har har, jk). They are meant to represent Bella. They are female hands, and she's the one making the choice (as the book is from her perspective).

Lexicon PCs:

Q: Do you like the cover of Eclipse?
A: She likes it better than she did the cover of New Moon, but not as much as she liked the cover of Twilight. She said, “It’s no tulip.”

Q: Has the cover for ‘Eclipse’ been agreed on yet?
A: Just last week. She couldn’t tell us what it was, but says she likes it an awful lot better than the cover for ‘New Moon’. She liked the ‘Twilight’ cover because of the symbolism of it, and disliked ‘New Moon’ because it was just a pretty picture. This implies that the art work on the ‘Eclipse’ cover might give us some hints!

Anyway, I'm thinking Bella's holding the apple as Eve had done. "Should I bite it and gain all the knowledge of the existence of vampires (and werewolves), or not?" Obviously... domokun

If New Moon had a symbol...my best guess would just link the falling petal to Bella's loss. But yeah, "just a pretty picture."

Eclipse, I agree with The Kraken. Bella finally realizing the repercussions to her decision and cutting ties to everything in order to carry it out.

*five minutes after writing all the above and not submitting the post*
Holy crow, look, look! xD
Understanding the cover?
Forget the locking...I cease & desist.
(and then a great cry of joy was heard throughout the masses...)

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

chevalierobsessed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:12 am
XxfushigipinayxX

I could swear I had direct quotes from Stephenie on all three covers, but this is all I could find aside from the one KiraLight already posted...

Quote:
Myspace Q&A:

A. A model's. (har har, jk). They are meant to represent Bella. They are female hands, and she's the one making the choice (as the book is from her perspective).

Lexicon PCs:

A: She likes it better than she did the cover of New Moon, but not as much as she liked the cover of Twilight. She said, “It’s no tulip.”

A: Just last week. She couldn’t tell us what it was, but says she likes it an awful lot better than the cover for ‘New Moon’. She liked the ‘Twilight’ cover because of the symbolism of it, and disliked ‘New Moon’ because it was just a pretty picture. This implies that the art work on the ‘Eclipse’ cover might give us some hints!

Anyway, I'm thinking Bella's holding the apple as Eve had done. "Should I bite it and gain all the knowledge of the existence of vampires (and werewolves), or not?" Obviously... domokun

If New Moon had a symbol...my best guess would just link the falling petal to Bella's loss. But yeah, "just a pretty picture."

Eclipse, I agree with The Kraken. Bella finally realizing the repercussions to her decision and cutting ties to everything in order to carry it out.

Understanding the cover?

The hands on the cover of Twilight are so pale though... But it does make sense about it being Bella's hands.

As for New Moon... It's was just a design those people (whoever they are) thought of.

As for Eclipse... I'm torn between the ribbon of fate and her choosing between Edward and Jacob. But, with the whole "cutting off ties" thing, she doesn't wan tto cut off ties with Jacob. For goodness sakes, she loves him.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:13 pm
chevalierobsessed
XxfushigipinayxX

Quote:
Myspace Q&A:

Lexicon PCs:

Understanding the cover?

The hands on the cover of Twilight are so pale though... But it does make sense about it being Bella's hands.

As for New Moon... It's was just a design those people (whoever they are) thought of.

As for Eclipse... I'm torn between the ribbon of fate and her choosing between Edward and Jacob. But, with the whole "cutting off ties" thing, she doesn't wan tto cut off ties with Jacob. For goodness sakes, she loves him.
Yes, but which one does she love more? Edward or Jacob? All that I'm saying is she's practically willing to give up everything for the one she loves most, which is Edward.  

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

chevalierobsessed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:17 pm
The Kraken
chevalierobsessed
XxfushigipinayxX

Quote:
Myspace Q&A:

Lexicon PCs:

Understanding the cover?

Yes, but which one does she love more? Edward or Jacob? All that I'm saying is she's practically willing to give up everything for the one she loves most, which is Edward.

True... But all through Eclipse she's torn between the two. Yes, in the end she chooses Edward, but we honestly don't know untill the very end.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:32 pm
chevalierobsessed
The Kraken
chevalierobsessed
XxfushigipinayxX

Quote:
Myspace Q&A:

Lexicon PCs:

Understanding the cover?

True... But all through Eclipse she's torn between the two. Yes, in the end she chooses Edward, but we honestly don't know untill the very end.
But Jacob's gone, and doesn't really want to see Bella, and Bella's decided that she doesn't want to see him after the wedding. So I personally don't think it's likely that they will end up together. If they do, though, I'll shoot someone.  

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:02 pm
Stephenie's already said they'd end up together.
It's the one "spoiler" about Breaking Dawn she's willing to give out xD
{ don't ask me where I found it; I already spent heaps of time in my printed papers of Twilight stuff last night trying to find the answer to questions }

Anyway, they do kind of want to see each other...but they're too torn about her decision to follow that through. But yeah, she didn't invite him to the wedding because she wasn't sure that would be best, and he ran off in the epilogue because everything was just crashing down on him.

Love is such a complicated thing :/

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces