Submit

Which do you prefer?
  Playstation 3
  Nintendo Wii
  Xbox 360
View Results

Peppermint Schnapps

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:06 pm
so guys, i got a job working in the electronics department of Target for the holiday season and i guess my coworker's gamerness rubbed off on me. i used my employee discount and bought me an Xbox 360. surprised

i was wondering if anyone here in the guild played any of the newer game systems, and if so which game(s) is(are) your favorite? so far i only have Bioshock and Call of Duty 4. i haven't played COD4 (bought it today >.>)yet but i think Bioshock is god's gift to man. no, pro-lifers, it isn't babies, it's Bioshock.

maybe if anyone in the guild has Xbox Live and COD4 or Halo 3 we could play some Xbox Live sometime (i'm getting Halo 3 for a late Christmas gift). biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:28 am
Wii all the way, baby! Wii sports is so awesome! I think the wii is awesome because it actually encourages you to get up and move around while playing a game. I actually broke into a sweat while playing boxing and tennis. 3nodding  

ottery

Wealthy Sage

10,500 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Peppermint Schnapps

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:35 am
yeah, the Wii looks really cool, i just can't afford one (if i could even get ahold of one...). it's the most popular gaming system by far right now. we got a shipment of 71 Wiis one Sunday morning at work and people started lining up at 4am. not to mention every day i have at least 5 people ask if we have any Wiis. xD  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:46 pm
Might I recommend Mass Effect for the 360? Because...holy ******** s**t. It's awesome.  

queertastrophy

Peppermint Schnapps

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:39 pm
BlueRoseTorn
Might I recommend Mass Effect for the 360? Because...holy ******** s**t. It's awesome.

one of my buddies at work bought that game the day it came out. whenever we'd go to the stockroom to get something he'd always walk into the electronics lock-up and look at it. xD

he absolutely loves it, so i'm planning on buying it after i beat COD4.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:58 pm
Peppermint Schnapps
BlueRoseTorn

one of my buddies at work bought that game the day it came out. whenever we'd go to the stockroom to get something he'd always walk into the electronics lock-up and look at it. xD

As someone who has a hard time getting into shooters, I really enjoyed it. Of course, it's more like a shooter/RPG, but still. Fun fun.  

queertastrophy

Peppermint Schnapps

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:44 am
BlueRoseTorn
Peppermint Schnapps
BlueRoseTorn

As someone who has a hard time getting into shooters, I really enjoyed it. Of course, it's more like a shooter/RPG, but still. Fun fun.

that's what he told me. it makes me happy because i really like the whole RPG thing but i hate turn based games. *happy*  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:16 am
I'm going to recommend Rock Band, as well. My fiance and I got it for Christmas, and I can't get off the thing. When I'm not playing Animal Crossing on my DS, I'm playing Rock Band.

Even playing by yourself is fun; they have a lot of great songs, and more for download off of X-Box Live. I only have two problems with it: Calibrating it to fit to your t.v. (sometimes it lags, depending on how many players and what kind of t.v. you have), and that I can't play bass on a solo world tour. That makes me a sad panda.  

queertastrophy

Peppermint Schnapps

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:00 pm
BlueRoseTorn
I'm going to recommend Rock Band, as well. My fiance and I got it for Christmas, and I can't get off the thing. When I'm not playing Animal Crossing on my DS, I'm playing Rock Band.

Even playing by yourself is fun; they have a lot of great songs, and more for download off of X-Box Live. I only have two problems with it: Calibrating it to fit to your t.v. (sometimes it lags, depending on how many players and what kind of t.v. you have), and that I can't play bass on a solo world tour. That makes me a sad panda.

we sell Rockband & Guitar Hero III like hotcakes at work. O_o

my brother played the Rockband demo at Best Buy and he said it was really awesome. i've thought about getting Guitar Hero III for the 360 but the bundles are IMPOSSIBLE to come by. i've worked at Target for 2 months and we've had them in stock once. then again, our Target doesn't get jack as far as shipments of video games are concerned.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:08 pm
Peppermint Schnapps
BlueRoseTorn

my brother played the Rockband demo at Best Buy and he said it was really awesome. i've thought about getting Guitar Hero III for the 360 but the bundles are IMPOSSIBLE to come by. i've worked at Target for 2 months and we've had them in stock once. then again, our Target doesn't get jack as far as shipments of video games are concerned.

Where's your Target located? I worked overnight stock back in Pennsylvania. whee We were a "Greatlands" store, though, so we got more stock with everything--it was the only Target in the area, so we were always packed.

I like Rock Band better than GHIII. Not a fan of the angle they went for with that installment.  

queertastrophy

Peppermint Schnapps

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:06 am
BlueRoseTorn
Peppermint Schnapps
BlueRoseTorn

Where's your Target located? I worked overnight stock back in Pennsylvania. whee We were a "Greatlands" store, though, so we got more stock with everything--it was the only Target in the area, so we were always packed.

I like Rock Band better than GHIII. Not a fan of the angle they went for with that installment.

we're actually part of the only mall in Council Bluffs, Iowa. we don't even have a pharmacy, though. we're a half-a-Target. i've heard that this Target is moving out of the mall and they're building a Super Target because the mall rent is too high. i work in the electronics department and we're always out of everything. we haven't had any Nintendo DSs in damn near a month and we've been pretty much out of PSPs since Black Friday.

i'm not sure if i want Guitar Hero or not. i'm on a first person shooter kick right now so we'll see. surprised  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:04 pm
I've played Rock Band and GH3 for the PS3, and Rock Band is MUCH, MUCH better. I love GH2, but GH3... it's okay, but nothing compared to Rock Band. I love the singing!!  

RoseRose

QueenOfStardust

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:14 pm
BlueRoseTorn

They "broke the fun" to quote a friend of mine. Its all about competition, unfortunately. Rock band is about working together, and having a good time. It has competition options, but I have yet to use them.

<3 the drums on rock band. WAY awesome.

Also, while the Wii is great, and I love mine, I play my 360 more now due to the lack of games I'm really interested in on the Wii unfortunately. :/ Brawl will make me go back running, but honestly...? Its a great system for casual gamers though. And it got many people into gaming that weren't before. Thats why its so hard to get a hold of. Pretty much the 360 & PS3 are for gamers & spoiled kids. The Wii is for gamers, little kids, parents, grandparents, etc. Nintendo sure knew wtf they were doing this time around, lol.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:47 am
FallenEverdark
BlueRoseTorn

They "broke the fun" to quote a friend of mine. Its all about competition, unfortunately. Rock band is about working together, and having a good time. It has competition options, but I have yet to use them.

<3 the drums on rock band. WAY awesome.

Also, while the Wii is great, and I love mine, I play my 360 more now due to the lack of games I'm really interested in on the Wii unfortunately. :/ Brawl will make me go back running, but honestly...? Its a great system for casual gamers though. And it got many people into gaming that weren't before. Thats why its so hard to get a hold of. Pretty much the 360 & PS3 are for gamers & spoiled kids. The Wii is for gamers, little kids, parents, grandparents, etc. Nintendo sure knew wtf they were doing this time around, lol.

Oh yeah, they did. xD
I've always been big into the Nintendo systems, but the Wii just doesn't really appeal to me and I think it's for the same reason you mentioned. I just really don't see a whole lot of games that I'm personally interested in. I love first person shooters and sci-fi survival type games, but the Wii doesn't have a whole lot of them.

Nintendo sure did know what they were doing, though! All kinds of people love Wiis, even people who aren't that into gaming. We had Wiis the other day at work and people were lined up when I got there at 6am (we open at cool . O_____o;;;

Needless to say we sold out. xP  

Peppermint Schnapps

Fetal Containment Field

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces