Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
LOL giga impact

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bladepro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:54 pm
giga impact sucks cause it leaves u open on the next turn  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:50 pm
Maybe, except on one slaking. Then seriously just plainly just pwns. 3nodding

Stab+ high stats+ Truant= reasons for use with Slaking  

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100

Kunx990

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:26 am
PROTIP: ALL HYPER BEAM LIKE ATTACKS SUCK.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:44 am
Except Hyper Beam of course.  

Shigeru the Hero

bluechaos331

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:41 am
no you just have to time the attack perfictly so attack with an attack lick that  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:46 am
Glaceon king
no you just have to time the attack perfictly so attack with an attack lick that

Yeah, okay, let's all save 1 of our 24 moves to only deliver the final blow.  

Shigeru the Hero

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:23 pm
I can only think of one very good reason to use a Hyper Beam-like attack: Slaking. Porygon-Z could use it, but only as a counter to Blissey... which might be useful if you have a predominantly Special-based team. Still, 2 out of 493 is not a good track record for those moves. Then again, they could be used as filler, but there are better filler moves out there. If you want to think of using Hyper Beam or similar moves, choose as if they were base power 65 moves with no pausing effect. (65 because it is under half of 150, and the difference makes up for the lost turn giving setup time to your opponent.) Hidden Power usually makes better filler for Special-based Pokémon, because it doesn't allow your opponent a free setup turn and can catch your opponent off-guard. [/textblock]  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:49 am
Using Giga Impact to counter Blisses work, but end with Pory-Z dying as well.

And using the "65" thinking method is still bad because you lose more than turn time. You also lose a switch opportunity.  

Shigeru the Hero

bluechaos331

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:39 am
like i use it on my sizor when i know she is about to die
she has max attack
so it does a hell of alot of damage  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:44 am
lol the only final blow move anyone should have is explosion/healing wish type moves
User Image

16bit-Plumber

PhoenixBlade983

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:17 pm
Don't forget Lunar Dance.

And @ Glaceon King - Just because your about to faint doesn't mean you need to use Giga Impact...if you're confident you can finish off your opponent's Pokemon then use another move. That way you can kill it, save your Pokemon, and attack next turn (that is if you're faster than the opposing Pokemon).  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:54 pm
PhoenixBlade983

And @ Glaceon King - Just because your about to faint doesn't mean you need to use Giga Impact...if you're confident you can finish off your opponent's Pokemon then use another move. That way you can kill it, save your Pokemon, and attack next turn (that is if you're faster than the opposing Pokemon).

And if not, switch out and save the dying Pokemon to be scapegoat.  

Shigeru the Hero

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:10 pm
Shigeru K
Using Giga Impact to counter Blisses work, but end with Pory-Z dying as well.

And using the "65" thinking method is still bad because you lose more than turn time. You also lose a switch opportunity.

Let's make it 50, then, and don't forget that 10% miss chance. Look, Aerial Ace, the Elemental Fang attacks, and Bite are better than Giga Impact, people!
(That was supposed to be slightly sarcastic, but it's strange that it is actually true most of the time...)

Either way, Return and Frustration beat the heck out of Giga Impact, with 102 base power (maximum) and 100% accuracy, and no lost turn. For good special moves, there's Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Surf, and Grass Knot, for starters. Fire Blast, Overheat, Draco Meteor, Hydro Pump, and Thunder can also be useful when used correctly (although Thunder is seen more often in Ubers).  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:43 pm
PhoenixBlade983

yea but my sizor is too slow i have come to accept that and i dont use that on a already wekend pokemon i use it on a new pokemon that just came out  

bluechaos331

bluechaos331

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:44 pm
Shigeru K
PhoenixBlade983

And if not, switch out and save the dying Pokemon to be scapegoat.

im kinda a fight to the end type i rarly swich unless it is realy needed  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff