Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Re-make Sailor Moon? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Sailor Moon be re-made?
  Yes!
  No
  I don't know...
View Results

Moon Serenity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:47 pm
I know it's probably been considered many times already, but if Sailor Moon would be completely re-done with a new vocal cast, a new company (because Geneon went out of business...ADV Films is it were re-done?), and used the original footage, uncut and dubbed with minimal mistranslations, do you think it would be able to come back?
I've watched the original Japanese versions, and they were really good. I didn't think Sailor Moon could get better than it was when I was little. The huge mistake was bringing it to America and making it suitable for the younger generation. But we were the younger generation...and I have no doubt it could be brought back.
Of course, I'm sure that there's plenty of catches. But I don't know what they are, so if you do please let me know.
(Discuss ideas on above topic)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:53 pm
Even though I doubt anyone wants to reply to this, if you happen to be someone who wants to talk about it, please feel free to PM me =)
Thanks!  

Moon Serenity

sarflove

Friendly Lover

8,600 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:16 pm
Hi Moon!

I'm kinda of torn with this topic really. I heart the orginal Sailor Moon anime voices... but am really upset crying that it's off the air and not coming out in America on DVD or anything for the matter. So... really... I think rereleasing it would be awesome but keeping it "old school". lol

**Snow**

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:51 pm
I think that's actually a really good idea, and I think Sailor Moon would be huge if they brought it back. They already have a large fan pool!  

LuluCat

Tsukiusada

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:24 pm
it`ll be great because the new generation will love sm too and is the best anime ever  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:19 pm
Remake or bring it back. Either way would be fantastic!  

Sunscour

Hilarious Genius

450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

mupa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:52 pm
itd be an awesome idea!
a remake!!!!
lord hear us plz
gonk gonk gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:16 pm
I think it would be nice to have a grown up DVD set in English of SM. I don't think they'd actually do it though. :< Kind of sad.  

DragonicFlames

6,550 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cheerleader 200

Mystery Ceres

Shirtless Lunatic

14,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Team Edward 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:20 pm

I'm one of those people who are cool with dubbing as long as it's good. Unfortunately, dubbing gets a bad rap because it's usually, well, bad.

If Sailor Moon were to have a great dubbing based on the uncut series, I think that would be awesome. I also think that the popularity of it would be insane as a result.

However...and this would be my one worry: Based on the more recent animation that I've seen in the USA and the people who like it, anything that's not 3D animation is called "not as good," which I think is a very unfair statement because that's like comparing Van Gogh to Da Vinci, both are fine art forms, just different styles. I think that because it is older animation, it will get a lot of negativity as a result in that respect.

I personally love the old cell animation and I would love to see Sailor Moon come back no matter what.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:49 am
Sailor moon should be left alone.. america has messed with her enough! And the japanese version is way awsome! so why tweak!?  

Minnie001

5,475 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Consumer 100

mistress_hydro

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:06 pm
salior moon is salior moon. either way, it is a great anime and would love it on dvd!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:19 am
Hmm, I thnk it would be a good idea, it isn't showing anywhere, although it would be a drastic change, I think it would hit. I vote for it, since I don't remember anything about it, since I last saw it. Besides the anime does deserve another chance  

FantasyFollower

halogazer

3,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:32 am
I'm kinda torn on that subject, but I think it is was re-made for release in the U.S., the dubbing company shouldn't mess with the transformations and all that like before. It would also give the newer generations a chance to appreciate the show.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:03 pm
Some of the later seasons (SuperS for example) had "uncut" versions out for you to buy. There didn't seem to be much difference and the voices weren't better.

It would be kinda neat if they did what Dragon Ball Z did... Re-release the series with all the voices the same and add in what they took out... I personally liked most of the first series voices better than the second set of voices they got when they switched companies (Though I still think the girl who did Usagi's voice in the first like 3 episodes fit the character more than the next girl, though she was fine it was the 3rd girl who I wanted to kick...) I would watch it in english if that were to happen... I have it in Japanese though and I love watching it xd  

MikiSohma

Gracious Giver

8,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100

mnd12ag0n

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:05 pm
I really like the idea, but when you were explaining it, it reminded me of the Sailor Moon live action series... which looks pretty crazy. I dunno. They'd have to do really well on the dubbing.  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff