Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cosplays

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:45 am
User Image

I
was searching for someone's profile through Google because I couldn't remember the username but I knew they were When The Higurashi Cry themed and I stumbled upon one search result and it said I couldn't view the page and needed to sign in.

I noticed the link was called "Gworld" so obviously it wasn't Gaia so I didn't sign into it since it was a fake website. But I'm still nervous. Am I safe since I didn't log into the false website or do you think I should change my password and take my stuff on this mule and put it on another account? x_X

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:13 am
If you didn't actually log in on the fake site then you're fine.

Lord Gold

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:50 am
Lord Gold
If you didn't actually log in on the fake site then you're fine.
yup unless it was a cookie grabber but i dont think they put the two together often...if at all....you might ask the help board though....  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:02 pm
You should be fine. If it makes you feel better change your password to be on the safe side. 3nodding  

clawofdragon

sherbet sammie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:21 pm
I would delete your cookies and run an anti-spyware scan just in case.... if the scan picks up a Key-logger or a Cookie Grabber change your password, after that you should be fine.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:37 pm
sherbet sammie
I would delete your cookies and run an anti-spyware scan just in case.... if the scan picks up a Key-logger or a Cookie Grabber change your password, after that you should be fine.

If she/he didn't delete the key logger first, then it wouldn't matter if she/he changed their password. B/c it would still record it.

And if you didn't put your username and password, then you should be fine. But do what Sherbet said. Or you can change your password just to be safe.  

iADDY

welcome to - P o l l s P a r a d i s e - We need life! D:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff