Tektek vs Enviro threads in AT

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChocolateTomato

Aged Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:27 pm
I don't hate the environment threads as much even though they are tektek-based because the user actually has the items and you know they're asking for it to create themselves an actual avatar that they can use, not just to see what random items can make a nice avatar that they may or may not choose to go out and create. Ya know?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:16 am
I still think too many people are asking to have their avatar made for them, it's deafeating the point of having an avatar to represent you.  

Jibo Phoenix

[ Pyrite ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:57 pm
Jibo Phoenix
I still think too many people are asking to have their avatar made for them, it's deafeating the point of having an avatar to represent you.
[ Quoted for truth. I couldn't have put it better myself.

But you know the internet, getting other people to do things for you is pretty common. =_='
]

<3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:50 am
i find i prefer enviro threads because seeing a person's items is more inspiring than someone going "make it pretty. kgo"
plus, i find that if i go onto more than a couple of tektek me threads in a day, all i end up with is this ******** mush of the same idea reworked a thousand times

but i must say, i prefer it when someone uses tekteks to draw from as inspiration as opposed to them being treated as a serious avatar choice.  

the best vignette

Hygienic Player

Enkyubus

Timid Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:48 am
The bad thing about Tektek and asking people to create outfits for you, one item with multiple poses. Then a user creates an outfit. And then BAM! Epic Fail. >(

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:17 pm
I usually dislike both, the exception being enviro threads of people who usually make decent avis, but are have avi block or just want to see what other people can come up with. But that's not the same as just paying people to do the hard work of making a good avi, and then basically taking credit when you wear it.  

Thusi

Accidie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:33 am
I don't really care for either, but I will do environments for people I know already make good avatars. In that case it's usually more about having fun and seeing what you would do with their inventory, not making them an avatar. I like to do environment threads just to see what other people would do with my invo, no one can create avatars like mine (that I know of), so it's pointless to ask people to make one for me.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:18 am
Accidie
I don't really care for either, but I will do environments for people I know already make good avatars. In that case it's usually more about having fun and seeing what you would do with their inventory, not making them an avatar. I like to do environment threads just to see what other people would do with my invo, no one can create avatars like mine (that I know of), so it's pointless to ask people to make one for me.

Well said, thats exactly how I feel on the subject.

SkysTheLimit3107

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games