Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MabTheQueenMTG

Anxious Fairy

19,815 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:01 pm
ATers new and old are banding together to compete in the recent abundance of interesting avatar contests...
And at the same time new users are being forced to see the validity of style based avatars due to many of the interesting themes of the contests...
So style avatars are becoming more and more prevalent...
It's not as big as the Non-matching revolution because it's no longer saying, "Screw matching I can look good with my jumbled colors" But rather matching colors are just taking a backseat to style and flow for a while...

Your thoughts people?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:07 pm
The funny thing is the AT was controlled back in the day by ATers (people who hang out in the forum often), but now the majority of the AT is random users who change day to day, hardly caring how they rate. There are still ATers there, but they are outnumbered by random raters.

I think that the contest are a wonderful break for the tektek and the random raters, it gives me a chance to see ATers and really challenge myself out of my avatar comfort zone. I really wish that the contests would provide better examples of avatars beyond paint by numbers and really open people's eyes, but I feel like the people who really need to see it won't click on it.  

Jibo Phoenix

MabTheQueenMTG

Anxious Fairy

19,815 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:35 pm
That's probably the biggest flaw in any of anyone's plan to improve the AT...
The people who need to see these things just don't look...

But at least the younger generation of ATers who care are learning from the older generation. ^_^  

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games