Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Role Playing IC and OOC
Considering Making RP, Opinions Wanted Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AlanMatt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:41 pm
Alright well the idea is basically that you are a player of a next-gen MMO that practically puts you IN the game, giving you nearly unlimited possibilities for the gameplay. Mainly the device is a type of helmet that basically puts you mind IN the game

Now the problem. There was some kind of problem with the system, and now all of the players that were playing the game at the time are no longer able to exit the game. There are many other glitches appearing now, with the games creators being unable to maintain the game. It isn't clear yet when, how, or even if we well ever leave the game

So, what well you do until things are back to normal? Well you help protect other, newer characters? Well you simply try at fame and fortune for yourself? That is up to you

Now some rules, fairly typical

1. No God-Modding
2. Keep cursing limited, but it is allowed
3. No cybering of any type, romance allowed
4. Since it takes place inside a game there is pk'ing but keep it limited as well, don't go out pk'ing just to pk
5. Make it seem like a game. If someone asks whats up an answer may be "trying to get some money to buy new armor" or something like that

Various info: Obviously don't make your charecter some ungodly strong person who has bean playing for years, got 2 kabillion gold, and can 1-hit everything. None of this please. My charecter well have some odd powers or such, but don't worry I am not going to make myself some sort of god or anything. Currently i have no special roles that need filling. Ideas welcome, just PM me

i well post a Profile setup if i believe there are people with a interest in this RP  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:12 pm
sounds like you ripped off that one anime but id join it, sadly idk what kinda mmo it is...  

Toekiyo Wolfwood

Dangerous Lover

4,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

AlanMatt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:14 pm
lol i did copy an anime to some degree, but not completely

it's your typical mideivel hack/slash MMO for the most part  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:14 pm
Username:
Name:
Videogame level:
Weapon:
Spells (if any):
Bio:
Style of gameplay:

Style of gameplay refers to whether the player plays aggressively, defensively, balanced, etc.

Class would be something along the lines of Paladin, Monk, Mage, Barbarian, etc.

Good idea?  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Gender Swap 100

AlanMatt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:22 pm
Mobius Nightshade
Username:
Name:
Videogame level:
Weapon:
Spells (if any):
Bio:
Style of gameplay:

Style of gameplay refers to whether the player plays aggressively, defensively, balanced, etc.

Class would be something along the lines of Paladin, Monk, Mage, Barbarian, etc.

Good idea?

thanks but i have no intention of putting people into a specific level and giving them no shot against players of ah igher level, not really fair imo

A list of spells i don't believe necassary, and the class thing i well not structure, just keep it fairly basic and explain your class if it is unique. and nothingl ike "Chosen One" or anything that godly-seeming

Style of Gameplay if you want but i wont require

ok so this well be profile layout
Name:
Bio:
Style of Gameplay: (This gave me an idea actually lol. What type of person/player you are, generous, self-centered, likes to help newbs, that sorta stuff)
wepon types used: (Special wepons allowed, but no godly wepons please)

look good?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:22 pm
you guys are thinking of .hack thats the anime right?
and im still confused at how the whole thing works like how do you pick your game level?  

ikat-kun

AlanMatt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:24 pm
badluckcat-13
you guys are thinking of .hack thats the anime right?
and im still confused at how the whole thing works like how do you pick your game level?

yea I am, like that anime
there wont be specific levels i just ask nobody actsl ike any kind of god or ultimate player  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:51 pm
That works.  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Demonic Repentance

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:51 am
Here, this might be a better layout for the profiles.

Name:
Bio:
Style of Gameplay: (This gave me an idea actually lol. What type of person/player you are, generous, self-centered, likes to help newbs, that sorta stuff)
Weapon(s): (The 's' in parentheses for if you have more than one)  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:25 am
well i like Mobious's profile layout the best... and you really cant have an mmo without levels... thats just dumb... u realize that every person in every rp tries to be the unbeatable god so why deny it when it actually makes sense to apply that.  

Toekiyo Wolfwood

Dangerous Lover

4,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:42 am
Furthermore, the use of levels allows people to GAIN levels. It also allows for a new basis on which friends can be made. You'd hang out with someone of a similar level, wouldn't you? Who knows? Maybe you can come up with some sort of EXP bar, or something. It would add a competitive element that would help to ensure that this thread lives where others have died.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:45 am
How 'bout this, then?

Name:
Character Level:
Bio:
Style of Gameplay:
Weapon(s): (The 's' in parentheses for if you have more than one)  

Demonic Repentance

AlanMatt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:23 pm
Alright so you guys like this better?

Username:
Name:
Character level:
Weapon(s): (wepon or kind of wepon used
Element of spells: (If you use any magic)
Bio:
Style of gameplay: (Generous, Helpful, Selfish, newbie Helper, those kinda things
Appearence: (Pis or description)

i am working on a way to decide the whole leveling up thing, so far all I thought of is them ore frequently you particapate the quicker your level well grow, level increases would of course be awarded by me, not decided because you think you deserve one  
Role Playing IC and OOC

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff