Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reyvatiel Misha
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:38 am
I've decided to start a discussion~!

So the topic is: Ar Tonelico couples.

Do you see there being any couples? Do you like to make up in your little head that Jack and Radolf or Misha and Orika are together? Would you rather stick to conventional couples like Lyner and Misha/Orika/Sheurelia/etc?

Or, would you rather just believe that the characters of Ar Tonelico are far too cute, juvenile, and innocent to be in pairings?

♥Misha♥

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:13 pm
Somehow, a comic picture of Lyner and Mir getting married, with an angry Aurica, Misha and Shurelia in the background, along with Ayatane pouting and Jack looking very happy, just entered my mind. sweatdrop

Lets see. . . I can see Aurica and Radolf, Jack and Misha or Shurelia and Ayatane.  

Palsa-San

Reyvatiel Misha
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:45 am
I love how I never answered my own discussion question yet. How silly of me~!

Anyways, in ways I view about half of the characters as too immature for relationships: Lyner and Misha especially. Possibly Orika and Kruche too.

I say 'in ways' because when I put on the Japanese dialogue, the characters are portrayed quite differently than in English. I'm not fluent in Japanese, but I can understand enough 'anime Japanese' to know how different they are compared to the 'translation'.

Misha and Lyner just seem to be playing around half the time really. Kruche and Misha also fight like little kids for a bit. Orika and Misha have their feud over Lyner, which they don't admit it because they act nice to each other, but really they're mad because Lyner is nice to one or the other.

I can't really deny that Misha tries to act like Lyner's housewife, but that's just it, she's 'playing house' with him. Once you get to know her well enough she starts saying "I'll make you a cup of tea" when you talk to her at conversation parts during resting.

Personally I'd see Jack and Misha as more of a brother/sister type thing.

Radolf is very. . . out of it. He's there, but he doesn't involve himself enough (which is unfortunate, because he's cool.)

While Orika is at first is a girl who probably needs to work on herself more before she even THINKS about finding love, she kind of becomes more of a snob as Lyner boosts her ego.

I could definitely see Ayatane and Shrelia though, they're both mature and smart.

Over all, the reason why Misha and Orika are typical 'submissive' women, is because the game is in fact Japanese. Therefore the characters must appeal to the Japanese audience. It's not as if Lyner makes stupid promises that he can't keep to Kruche, just the Reyvatiels. Why? Because they're pretty girls, not ones who position themselves as 'one of the guys'.

HOWEVER, my unrealistic OOC crazy fanart otaku inside is saying. . . YURI YURI YURI~!

. . . I feel like I'm forgetting a character or two, and also as if now I need another thread to complain about the Japanese/English issue. ^o^

Look forward to it~!

♥Misha♥

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:59 pm
I'm glad you mentioned that, because it gives me the chance to bring up another character that was excluded from the game.
Radolf's Reyvateil, Fema.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Palsa-San

Veda64
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:18 pm
Well lets see. I think Lyner and Shurelia are a good match! Because they've known each other for the longest time and should know a lot about each other. But during the third phase Lyner has taken even more of a liking to Shurelia's true nature as she revealed herself over time. And the way they we're talking to each other and learning more about each other was really cute! hahaha. Oh well it's my opinion really. And I just really love Shurelia a lot! She is my favorite out of the three reyvatiels.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:48 am
Palsa-San
I'm glad you mentioned that, because it gives me the chance to bring up another character that was excluded from the game.

I can see why. . . she's not really that pretty X_x But I always wondered that: why if Orika apparently sucks so much and can't get a partner is she always hanging out with Radolf? Especially when such a "D-class Reyvatiel" apparently isn't allowed to do anything important? She seems to follow them around anyways so that it seems like Radolf doesn't have a reyvatiel. Maybe Orika goes places with them as a servant? surprised

After all, everyone besides Lyner seems to treat reyvatiels like commodities and less like living beings. I mean the other characters are nice to the reyvatiels, it's not like they force them to dive like some of the people in Tenba did, but you kind of get the vibe that everyone doesn't view reyvatiels as their 'friends' and more or less their 'weapons'.

♥Misha♥

Reyvatiel Misha
Captain

Palsa-San

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:13 pm
Reyvatiel Misha
Palsa-San

I can see why. . . she's not really that pretty X_x But I always wondered that: why if Orika apparently sucks so much and can't get a partner is she always hanging out with Radolf? Especially when such a "D-class Reyvatiel" apparently isn't allowed to do anything important? She seems to follow them around anyways so that it seems like Radolf doesn't have a reyvatiel. Maybe Orika goes places with them as a servant? surprised

After all, everyone besides Lyner seems to treat reyvatiels like commodities and less like living beings. I mean the other characters are nice to the reyvatiels, it's not like they force them to dive like some of the people in Tenba did, but you kind of get the vibe that everyone doesn't view reyvatiels as their 'friends' and more or less their 'weapons'.

♥Misha♥

Well, in Jack's case we have to remember that he isn't human, so he probably views them on the same grounds as himself. . . or it's because he's a perv. sweatdrop
Radolf understands the situation, but doesn't understand the best way to deal with it, so he tries his best, but it can sometimes leave the wrong impression on Aurica.
Krushe views people depending more on the individual.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:31 pm
Hmm... Lyner/Ayatane, Lyner/Shurelia, Lyner/Ayatane/Shurelia, Jack/Flute, Shurelia/Mir...

sweatdrop

I can't help it!  

Kalloway

Sol Ciel ~ Ar Tonelico ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas