Submit

Well?
  Good
  Meh
  Why do you even try?
View Results

Mode3StartOver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:24 pm
We have the art in our signature, but never really got any creative criticism. We drew it, put it in the background, which we made. How'd we do?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:43 am
I like it. It took me a bit to be able to notice the smaller words in white. That could have been because I was half asleep before when I looked at it or my screen making the image smaller than normal. It's pretty good artwork. Was missing the words intentional to not have the words draw from the art so you can find it if you want to while retaining the focus on the image?  

Prince Red
Captain

Mode3StartOver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:18 pm
Thank you,

Yes we intentionally put the words in the back for those to who look at our signature more often than not. The smaller white letters were because the image was resized for signature purposes and reads:

Contact Guild, Royal Darkness (and some polls) for art and the artists of which, presumably.

Or something along those lines. We're joyed by your reply though.

-Mode  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:57 pm
I like how the words are done in the picture. I think the actual artwork kind of sticks out though.
I think it's because the color and quality of the image is totally different from the background. Maybe if you outlined the drawing in pen and drew it on printer paper, it would work. If you want to color/shade it in, use a color like red because that's the color of the background.
Hope it's not too harsh...

midnight_kurai

DragonLover
Vice Captain

8,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:43 pm
I think the picture has depth, and the bold red make's it pop at me, and I like the words in the backgroun. They way its smudged, it makes me look closer.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:28 am
midnight_kurai
I like how the words are done in the picture. I think the actual artwork kind of sticks out though.
I think it's because the color and quality of the image is totally different from the background. Maybe if you outlined the drawing in pen and drew it on printer paper, it would work. If you want to color/shade it in, use a color like red because that's the color of the background.

No no,

Not at all dearest. We put in the lined paper because that's all we had in class. We left it like that so it would pop from the background. If everything blended, no one would look.

-Mode  

Mode3StartOver

midnight_kurai

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:46 pm
Mode3StartOver
midnight_kurai

No no,

Not at all dearest. We put in the lined paper because that's all we had in class. We left it like that so it would pop from the background. If everything blended, no one would look.

-Mode

Oh I see. Well then it acheives its purpose! =]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:59 am
midnight_kurai
Mode3StartOver
midnight_kurai

No no,

-Mode

Oh I see. Well then it acheives its purpose! =]
Agreed.  

Prince Red
Captain

Mode3StartOver

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:44 pm
We got new out for everyone so dig in. Enjoiart.

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:48 pm
I love it. The blurriness made me read it and the person on the side is very nicely drawn.  

Prince Red
Captain

Mode3StartOver

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:07 pm
Actually, as of right now we are taking freebie commissions for the practice so if anyone's interested. We do our coloring and clipping in photoshop so if anyone would like otherwise let us know.

We'd like to address Prince considering his frequent appearances here, anything you want? We'll do avi art and original characters, as far as likenesses of actual characters you'll have to bear with us, we have a certain "style".  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:40 pm
We did a sketch a couple of days ago while receiving punishment for a slip up in class and decided to show all. Tell us what you think! Oh and we did it in like 5-10 minutes so don't be too critical.
User Image  

Mode3StartOver

Mode3StartOver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:30 am
More art, this is one we made with inspiration from a roleplay. It's Jackie and Renara (Shimmering Fox). Tell us what you think.
User Image  
Royal Darkness Main Kingdom: General

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff