Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
Custom Content Disabled

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Happened to you?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:28 am
I've downloaded a lot of stuff recently. Some of it works fine, but some don't show up at all.

When I start up the game it asks me if I want to enable or disable custom content. I choose enable but nothing bar some of the clothes, hair, makup and skins work.

None of the objects I've downloaded are there. In fact, most of what I've downloaded doesn't show up in game even though I've enabled custom content.

I've thought about completely clearing the Downloads file but I'm afraid of what that might do to my Sims which have custom content all over them- clothes, skins, make up and hair. Will it crash the houses because none of what's meant to be there is there?

Should I clear out my Downloads file and hope for the best?

I just want my downloaded stuff to work. I've put it all in the right place. I've double-checked. What's wrong with my Downloads file?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:05 am
It happened to some of the stuff I downloaded. I think its because I don't have an ep that the custom item needs. do you have all of them?  

kagome_elric

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:54 am
Big ones, I don't have Open for Business or University. Little ones, I don't have Fashion, Celebration, Glamour or Family Fun.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:07 pm
yeah maybe the items you downloaded are in need of those. Thats the only thing I can think of that may be the problem.  

kagome_elric

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:42 pm
If you do remove your downloads folder and then run the game, all of the lots should still load fine but all custom items will be replaced with Maxis ones; recoloured items will flash blue until you change the texture to a Maxis one and any clothing or genetics will be replaced with base game items. If you save the game before you exit then all of these changes will be kept. If you don't save before exiting and then put your downloads folder back everything will be as it was.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:55 pm
Menaceman
If you do remove your downloads folder and then run the game, all of the lots should still load fine but all custom items will be replaced with Maxis ones; recoloured items will flash blue until you change the texture to a Maxis one and any clothing or genetics will be replaced with base game items. If you save the game before you exit then all of these changes will be kept. If you don't save before exiting and then put your downloads folder back everything will be as it was.

Thanks, I'll try that! You're a diamond!  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50

Sapphire_Sorceress75

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:30 pm
It could be too that your downloaded items need a mesh.........just a thought, hope you figure it out. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:13 am
I don't think anything real major will happen if you lose the cc. The last time I tried that, it was mostly hairstyles, and the game just replaced the sims' hair with this weird picture (like white with some unreadable red text), nothing a trip to the mirror to change their hair couldn't fix, though.  

breezahisakata

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:03 pm
Are you sure that what you downloaded doesn't require a mesh to work?

Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games