Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
VINTAGE DPN'S!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OMG!
  50 year olds DPN's
View Results

claviclebone

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:35 pm
I was looking through some old sewing and knitting stuff, and I found some size 8 DPN's from the sixties. The packaging is so cool! There's a knitting cupid thing o....0  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:13 am
I love vintage patterns. My momi nherited a bunch from my grandma but gave all her patterns away before I could really appreciate them  

eeveetaro

knitting_needle_ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:31 am
I have a knitting book fromn 1954 that I inherited from a friend of my dad, and several knitting needles and crochet hooks that belonged to my grandmother. No idea how old they are, but they mean a lot to me since my grandma passed away a few years ago.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:59 am
I don't know why I posted this but I guess it was cause I was going to buy some dpn's cause i lost mine and then found these never before used.  

claviclebone

Blue-eyes-green

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:28 am
Vintage crafting supplies are cool- aside from representing a link between many generations of craft people and all that academic sorta jazz, I find that when I can get my hands on something old that's lasted this long, it's because it's awesome, and works well and someone else has already worked all the kinks out. (Or beaten it 3/4's to death like the case of the 1975-ish sewing box I rescued when my mom got a new one)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:09 pm
That's awesome! Are you going to use them to make something?  

Brunette_Star

claviclebone

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:10 pm
Brunette_Star
That's awesome! Are you going to use them to make something?
Of course! I've already made a little amigurumi kitty!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:09 pm
*first post in this guild XD*

Awesome find with those needles. I recently found a bunch of knitting patterns in my mom's closet. They were my grandma's but thay are super cool. Gloves and sweaters all from the 70's. I'm dying to make the argyle gloves that were in the one pattern book.

Jeni Huntington

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff