Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Discontinued yarn issues...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:48 am
I got a book a while back, So Simple Knits. It has a couple of sweaters that i had wanted to make, once i had the experiance to do them. Now that i feel confident in my ability to work through them, i have another issue.

I -hate- finding yarns that knit the same as what the pattern calls for. I generally try and buy the same yarn, or i get somebody to help me change yarns. And i wanted to work with the nice yarns they call for. So i went looking to see how much they cost. The issue? The yarns are, of course, discontinued. And good luck finding 12-15 balls of the same dye lot on ebay.

So i appeal to you guys for help. The yarns are Rowan Cork, and Rowan Ribbon Twist. I'm looking for bright colors in the Cork substitute, and earthy colors in the Ribbon Twist substitute.

Thanks~!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:15 am
I have no clue about the Rowan Cork but Lion Brand has a ribbon yarn on their site, it's called Incredible and comes in two earthy-type colors Autumn Leaves and Copper Penny.
I hope you find what you need. I hate it when a favorite yarn or colorway is discontinued. I'm still upset that my very favorite colorway in a favorite yarn got discontinued about 5 years ago.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces