Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Is anyone else somewhat disturbed by this?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Outrageous?
  Most definitely!
  Somewhat.
  No.
  Don't care.
View Results

Amaya84

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:16 pm
Is it just me, or did anyone else balk at the way the admins are advertising this month's collectibles? They call it "classy". I thought this site was for preteen to whatever age. So we advertise with nudity to the preteens now?

I understand that in today's society most of the youth (and older generations as well now) are a tad jaded, or completely numb, to such things. However, if you're going to preach the virtues of a safe online environment, why would you introduce such matter into it to begin with? I am beginning to see why Zealot of Insanity left.

If this thread is in the wrong spot, I apologize and please move. Thank you! heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:30 pm
I am, but it seems like the popular vote for any community site is going to be sensuality. And if there's any culprit for preteen girls' instinct, it's early puberty. xp  

Tezur

Amphion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:49 pm
I thought it was sort of clever. *runs and hides from people throwing things*

Actually, I think that society in general is way to paranoid about the human body. We all have one, it's not like it's shameful, or anything. If we deny that we have bodies, then how can we possibly make a more open environment for exploring sexuality?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:26 am
Ahaha I thought it was rather funny!!
mrgreen Rather clever, actually...  

Toxicated Cuppycakes

Tipsy Lunatic

6,800 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100

Psychotic Daizy Dukes

O.G. Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:08 pm
In my opinion, a human body is a beautiful thing. Now, I'm not going to run around naked, but people in the past did do such things. So, why should something like that be bad?

Eh, call me crazy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:34 pm
I do agree that the human body is a beautiful thing. I'm just pointing out that a lot of users here are quite young, and I personally do not feel it appropriate to be flashing nudity around. I do know it could be a lot worse, and that in many cases in other advertising venues it is. I think it is interesting the different views on this subject.  

Amaya84

Gaian Grammar Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff