Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Set Up ideas for the wi-fi game

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ares_GOW47

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:50 pm
Set Up
Each character should start out with one pokemon of there choice as long as its not an uber /legendary. And start with $3000, 5 pokeballs, 1 potion and and 2 Oran Berries and of course a Pokedex. As the RP goes on characters will be able to catch other pokemon until they have obtained the team they want, they will also be able to win legendaries in special events held by the mods of the guild.

Money
As I said above #3000 is what you should start out with, but as you RP and and battle you can earn money from those battles and events when you battle you can put up an amount and your opponent puts up an amount winner takes both amounts.

Gyms and the Elite 4
Gym Battles will be a little different than the game you wont get money But you will get a gym badge and any other prize the leader wants to give out and you need eight badges to face the elite 4 and it cost $8000 to open a gym.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:58 pm
Town ideas? we need those right? as from what i've seen, we have close to three or four. we also need priters to make an over world map.  

ravemaster47

Tyhoon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:59 pm
I don't like your ifeas, but I have a particular problem with the third one.

The guild is already recruiting gym leaders. Unless there are going to be two completely different sets of gyms, I don't see the point. Also, the system is flawed because without gyms open in the first place, what insentive is there to even play? What if there aren't enough gyms? What if there are too many? What if a set becomes open that anyone can beat and the E-4 becomes flooded with challenges?
[/textblock]  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:07 pm
Tyhoon
I don't like your ifeas, but I have a particular problem with the third one.

The guild is already recruiting gym leaders. Unless there are going to be two completely different sets of gyms, I don't see the point. Also, the system is flawed because without gyms open in the first place, what insentive is there to even play? What if there aren't enough gyms? What if there are too many? What if a set becomes open that anyone can beat and the E-4 becomes flooded with challenges?
[/textblock]

that gym leader thing is to hold over till the wi-fi game is compleated. as for the forum it's in, who knows what it'll be used for. i see your point on the gym leader/E4 thing, however, i think we'll drop it to about $5000 to make a gym, because not everyone can be a gym leader. then that would kinda defeat the point of having a challenge. the money to buy the gym is to weed out weaker players and have at least decent players as gym leaders. because we all know that when you walk into that gym in any game, you're pumped and wanting that challenging fight. this is all for a review on the game, so it's like the topic says, ideas for the game.  

ravemaster47

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:10 pm
Please dont sticky/announce anything unless it's really important without asking me. And this thread pertains to ghost's ideas... so it doesn't really need a sticky.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:19 pm
sorry nit, my bad  

ravemaster47

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:36 pm
Are we still battling over wifi?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:37 pm
Pay Per Cuts

Yes. Yes we are.  

nitnit
Captain

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:34 pm
nitnit
Pay Per Cuts

Yes. Yes we are.

Well then the starter pokemon and catching seems to kind of mess that up.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:59 am
Ghost_in_the_Shell47
Set Up
Each character should start out with one pokemon of there choice as long as its not an uber /legendary. And start with $3000, 5 pokeballs, 1 potion and and 2 Oran Berries and of course a Pokedex. As the RP goes on characters will be able to catch other pokemon until they have obtained the team they want, they will also be able to win legendaries in special events held by the mods of the guild.

It would take a lot of work and time that we do not have to set up NPCs that you battle throughout your career. How do we catch pokemon in a wifi league? How do we give out pokedex's? Can I start with a Garchomp while Ravemaster starts with a Oddish?

Ghost_in_the_Shell47
[
Money
As I said above #3000 is what you should start out with, but as you RP and and battle you can earn money from those battles and events when you battle you can put up an amount and your opponent puts up an amount winner takes both amounts.

What does money do? If it makes you qualify for events that should be based on the amoun of badges you have, in my opinion.

Ghost_in_the_Shell47

Gyms and the Elite 4
Gym Battles will be a little different than the game you wont get money But you will get a gym badge and any other prize the leader wants to give out and you need eight badges to face the elite 4 and it cost $8000 to open a gym.

I already have a Gym "league" set up that will carry over to the wifi league. It's a good idea, just a bit contradictory.  

Jonnnn

Candy goes B A N G

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:38 pm
Your basically describing the open text rp.
The towns are coming up, as are other stuffs.

But currently, I am flooded with homework and studying for midterms, so I don't have time at the moment.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:41 pm
I have finals atm so the most I can do is a battle here and there and some posts but come this tuesday i'll be back for good.  

Raijin36

ravemaster47

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:44 pm
i see, well, rina if there's anything that needs to be done, let me know and some of the crew will give a hand.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games