Reply Art / Writing show and exchange!
Artist seeking advice

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Hollow-cost

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:50 pm
Recently a couple of people have actually said that they would pay me actual currency for art. Now, I had never thought I was good enough to charge really money, but maybe I should start offering it through my DA and FA.
but I don't know what I'm worth. Please help me figure out what I should charge >->;

this is my Shop with more anthro work but less of the stuff I'm really proud of:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/requests-and-commissions/idle-hands-art-seriously-open-slots-are-open/t.28118569_1/?sequence=1

This is my DA, which is where I put some of my better stuff, but not as much of it since I'm about to transfer half and half to a new account:

http://idle-hatter.deviantart.com/

So... any suggestions on what I should charge for like a pic of one figure fully coloured and with background? for anything?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:49 pm
I say yes, offer art for real money, but while your style is cool and unique, there are many many artists and few commissioners. So when you do art, be sure that it's because that's what you like.
However, when there are commissioners, they're usually willing to pay whatever. (besides, when you think about it, there's not much of a difference between $5 and $10.)
Anyway, I'd say $9 for a fullbody, colored. (Usually it's more attractive to charge in odd numbers!)
$4.50 for a sketch, and +$4 for a color bg. smile Good luck with that all!  

Zella L.

Art / Writing show and exchange!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff