Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
Can't get the game to load....(unresolved)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sapphire_Sorceress75

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:34 pm
Hi Everybody,

I'm new and I hope this wasn't already posted somewhere else, but I am having a problem getting my game to load, the splash screen comes up and then nothing happens. I have emailed EA about it and they just keep sending me in circles, doesn't anyone have any idea what the problem might be?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:14 pm
Do you have any downloads? Maybe one of them is preventing the game from loading. Try loading the game without your downloads folder in.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Sapphire_Sorceress75

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:21 pm
Menaceman
Do you have any downloads? Maybe one of them is preventing the game from loading. Try loading the game without your downloads folder in.

Yes, I have a ton of downloads actually, so I will try that and see. Thx for the tip. I will update here if things change. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:34 pm
I tried that, didn't work, I uninstalled all of the games, I am going to try reinstalling them and see what happens.  

Sapphire_Sorceress75

Fin Raziel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:10 pm
I had that problem with...Seasons, I think. After ten minutes I would get fed up and just turn it off. Try turning it on like first thing in the morning, when you still have stuff to do (shower, eat, chores), then come back in half an hour or so. When I got Seasons, it took an ungodly amount of time to load like that, but once I got later expansion packs it went back to the normal 10-minute loading time. Which still isn't great, but I have a lot of downloads.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:02 pm
I had this problem once and it turned out to be a problem with the disk drive, not with the game. Check that it's not your disk drive that's playing up.  

Chikiya

Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff