Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Yay! I made a sweater! :D Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever made a sweater?
  Yes, a crocheted one.
  Yes, a knitted one.
  Yes - both!
  Nope!
View Results

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:19 pm
One of my "craft resolutions for the new year" was to do more crafts simply for me, instead of to please others, so I started with my first sweater! biggrin

It's late and I'm tired, but I literally just finished it 10 mintues ago and couldn't wait to show it off! I'm so proud of this!

User Image

Here it is lying on the floor of my apartment. It's the "Cupcake" sweater from Stitch N' b***h: The Happy Hooker. I admit I used Sugar N' Cream cotton yarn instead of the really nice yarn, but hey - I'm on a bit of a crafting budget. xd

Here it is on me:

User Image

I had to make a lining for it since it was slightly transparent, so I "butchered" a craft store T-shirt and sewed it inside to fit.

Wheee! I'm so excited about this. I can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can wear it!

I'm so excited I want to make another crochet sweater soon!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:32 pm
Nice! Hey! Maybe sometime ya can put a tutorial? heart 3nodding heart  

claviclebone

Kingyo~goldfish

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:03 pm
great pattern- you should share!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:02 am
That pattern's the cupcake sweater from the Stitch'n'b***h Happy Hooker book- it's a great book. I've been debating making it, but I'm not sure how it would look on my rather chesty figure.

Very, very nice, Brunette Star. (And smart to line it- I always wear a cami under the crocheted sweater I made)  

Blue-eyes-green

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:16 am
Thats really cute! I've been thinking about sweater knitting....  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:54 pm
I knitted one once, but it did not turn out anything like it should have. Not nearly as well done as yours! Its beautiful!

Aki Yasu

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:30 pm
Thanks, y'all! heart

I hear you on wearing a cami under a crocheted sweater - I didn't think the holes would be so big! The nice thing about the ribbon is you can pull it tighter, so it acts a bit like a drawstring for the neckline. That way you won't show anybody anything you don't want them to see!

As for the pattern, it's in Stitch N' b***h: The Happy Hooker by Debbie Stoller. It's in the "Spring and Summer" section, called "Cupcake".  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:48 pm
That's such an awesome sweater! whee
My crocheting and knitting skills are pretty limited, so I'm not up to making sweaters yet... sweatdrop  

Sugar Bandit

Great Aunt Gertrude

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:58 am
It's so cute! ^^

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:33 am
Great job, both on the awesome sweater and on creating something for yourself smile  

bit_witch

Invisible Gekko

10,950 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Generous 100

mesowmugowgow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:50 am
I like it; it's so awesome! That must have taken you a long time. Whenever i try to knit and/or crochet something: it comes out too small. So, even by my lame standards, that's awesome!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:01 pm
Thanks, y'all!

I actually had to make it using a larger size because I couldn't match the gauge for the life of me! It finally came out about a half-inch too small, so I said "Forget it, I'm making the next larger size!"

And it worked! smile  

Brunette_Star

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:54 pm
I'll be knitting my first sweater sometime soon. I just have to decide if I'm going to bite the bullet and buy the KnitPicks Options needle set or if I want to continue buying my needles piecemeal and running into the "omg i dunt have gauge n i gots no othar neetles halp!" problem that I always seem to have. rolleyes

Great job on the sweater, though. I don't know if I'd be able to crochet something with a gauge. My crochet skills are kind of weak.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:21 am
Its lovely!

Blue eyes- I concur. I'm very chesty compared to the rest of my figure (I now wear a size 16 bikini top, with an 8 bottom). It makes it hard to make/buy shirts.

I do really want to make the short sleeved shrug form Happy Hooker, though. Its shown in bright red in book, and I LOVE it. ^^  

Silver Mist

Pirate Dirge

Hygge Agenda

44,725 Points
  • My Feminist Agenda 500
  • Cozy Life 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:02 am
biggrin Very nice first sweater: I'm a sweater knitter myself and love working on large projects.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff