Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
Sims2 Body Shop - load error

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Scathach13

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:41 am

I recently had to reinstal all of my Sims games on my computer; it's a Toshiba... Anyway; there's a problem I had last time on this laptop, that I had hoped would be fixed this time around. Basically, any time I try to load the Sims 2 Body Shop, I get error message that says:

"Direct 3D returned an error: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL!

The application will now terminate..."

Also, it sometimes says that the Sims 2 Body Shop is running. I've tried turning it on both with and without the disk in, and yes, I have restarted the computer since installing the Sims 2... I currently have no upgrades for it. neutral I'm a little lost... I really don't know what to do from this point. I've had trouble with it before on other computers, but never have I had it simply refuse to turn on...

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is, and how to fix it? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks! surprised
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:14 pm

Bodyshop seems a lot more picky than the actual game. My friend who has the game can't run bodyshop as she gets the same error. As far as I know there is no way to get bodyshop running with this error. Direct 3D is to do with graphics though.

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Scathach13

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:33 pm

Well, that's not good. ._. Hmm... I know - or at least, I'm pretty sure I have the correct specs for it to work... just, it won't. The game itself functions; I tried that earlier today, though I had to change the in-game settings because the display was rather bad. I doubt that has anything to do with Body Shop, though.

It's especially frusterating, because I can get it to work on another computer in my house - one that's actually older, so I don't see why...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:35 am

Was that the first time you had run the game on the computer when you had to change the settings? If so then it sounds like a graphics card thing to me. The game asseses how well it thinks your computer will deal with it and sets the settings accordingly. So if you had bad graphics when you loaded the game the first time then your computer probably doesn't have a good enough card to run bodyshop.
When I install expansion packs the game usually sets itself to low Sim detail with reflexions off. My game can actually handle these things though.

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Scathach13

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:46 pm

That's just the thing, though. My computer does meet the requirements. And I can turn all the settings on max and the Sims 2 runs perfectly well... It's just Body Shop. The only thing I can think of is that it might be a permission error. But I've tried running it normally, on admin, on normal with admin privlages, etc... and nothing works.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:47 pm

Maybe try running a search on your computer to see if you can find the "Direct 3D". I dunno how that would help but it might give you something to go on.

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:08 am

acum esti acasa... nu ai unde sa pleci

Mine runs, it's just incredibly slow.
Same with the original Sims Creator.
Except, I have CC on Sims 2.
A lot of it.

Did it work before you reinstalled it?

-----

maggot disaster
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:41 pm

Scathach13
I recently had to reinstal all of my Sims games on my computer; it's a Toshiba... Anyway; there's a problem I had last time on this laptop, that I had hoped would be fixed this time around. Basically, any time I try to load the Sims 2 Body Shop, I get error message that says:

"Direct 3D returned an error: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL!

The application will now terminate..."

Also, it sometimes says that the Sims 2 Body Shop is running. I've tried turning it on both with and without the disk in, and yes, I have restarted the computer since installing the Sims 2... I currently have no upgrades for it. neutral I'm a little lost... I really don't know what to do from this point. I've had trouble with it before on other computers, but never have I had it simply refuse to turn on...

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is, and how to fix it? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks! surprised

HOLY ********!!!! eek talk about a coincidence. I was trying that just now. I also have a toshiba and even copied the project folder frm my lod computer to a flashdrive and put it on this one. I got the same error message, even when i took the projects folder out and restored the old, empty one it still didn't work! help! dramallama

randomchild91

Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff