Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply Main Forum
Postpartum Depression Sims!?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tyrachiesaurusxxx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:04 am
User Image

...in case you do not know what postpartum depression is: Depression after pregnancy is called postpartum depression

Okay, my sim, Gloria, just had a baby for the first time. Its the day after, ans she keeps crying FOR NO REASON!!! There is no thought bubble above her head saying what she is crying about...and nothing bad has happened to her, her memory is all green. Also, she has been doing the worry thing for no reason, and she constantly goes and picks up the baby or tucks it in. Ans she naps on the couch ALL THE TIME. So i was talking my friend about it and she said that it sounds like my sim has postpartum depression. Now heres the scary part. I looked up the symptoms of postpartum depression and it said:

* Loss of appetite
* Sleeping more than usual
* Increased crying or tearfulness
* Feeling worthless, hopeless or overly guilty
* Feeling restless, irritable or anxious
* Worrying about hurting your baby

and i was like um...this is too close to what Gloria is doing! Do u think its the most coincidental set of glitches ever or that my sim really has postpartum depression!?
has anyone else had a sim like this?
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:34 am
This is the first time of ever heard of a sim with PPD. None of mine have ever had it, but, I do admit, that it sounds like she does. Do you have Inteen or Insim? It's possible that either may cause those. I think, as I don't have them.

The heart of reality

5,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200

Fin Raziel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:14 am
That is amazing! I think it's totally possible. I've seen my Sims exude bizarre, yet realistic behaviors, too. Quite interesting.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:01 pm
Does she have a husband? does she have a steady job?  

candy!x0x0

SpecialAgentLeah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:21 pm
Acctually I've had many sims who do this! There's only been about 15 that haven't done that, and it always happens with their first birth (Yeah my sims reproduce a lot... sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:39 am
my sims normally have something like that but they have it when they are pregnant.  

awsome5

bighairy dog

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:07 pm
All my sims are usally pretty happy! maybe her inspiration meter thingy was low i know my sims cry when theres are low.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:17 pm

Is she a Romance sim? Because those don't really like having kids. =P

Quazip

Anti-MOD

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:40 am
Quazip

Is she a Romance sim? Because those don't really like having kids. =P

true xd  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash