Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Game Assistance and Talk
cheats

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you like pie?
  yes
  no
  say it to be random
View Results

azurewill

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:24 pm
Cheats. what are they? are they flaws in the game or are they just programs that the creator actually put in the game? what do you people think?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:33 pm
I don't have any problem with cheats...
but I normally don't use them...
I'm a person that likes seeing the story line though
so if I beat a game and forgot that happened in it I would use them to get though the story

one really good thing about them though...
my little sister isn't very good at games really and so I won't be called on every sec. of the day to help her I use the cheats so she can play by herself on it while I finish what I was doing...
and it makes her happy that she can beat it without me doing it...

but sometimes you have to be careful what codes you use because some codes have a problem themselfs
if anyone recalls the game Threads of Fate... that is one game you need to know what codes to pick (old playstation game) if you use the codes for Rue the boy character there is no problem but if you are playing Mint the girl character you can not use all magic code or you would waste your time even playing...
the code lets you have all the magic possible and many people would think that was a good thing but it now won't allow you to change what magic you are using... so you woulc get stuck on this one level no way to leave... it was a bummer to find that out...
spent hours and hours to realise that was the result...

so sometimes cheat codes are good and other times its bad...

and sometimes they can be funny *on a friends game used a code and then all the guards just start attacking each other and the towns people tried killing the guards... it was kind of funny...* (game was: obilivion)  

Haseoharu

YesterDaysNews

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:31 pm
I think cheats are fun XD

Yea, it really depends on what the cheat does to the game.

I love using them in this game called Haunting Ground (Its also known as Demento. They changed it to HG in the U.S. for some reason...)
You can use cheats to get items, alternate camera angles (sadly its just a bunch of up-skirt shots, but its still a cheat XD) and this funny scene with a dancing meth-golem thing XD ( The cheat you put in is "saltatio" I wonder what that even means? )

Using them in GTA is also lots of fun XD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:54 pm
Don't tell me the sky's the limit...

I think most of us like cheats, but I would never use them without beating the game first without the codes.

...When there are footprints on the moon.

Sometimes Flaccid

O.G. Exhibitionist

YesterDaysNews

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:16 pm
*cough cough* *hack hack*
Me neither! ^.^
*gets struck by lightening or anything else bad that happens to liars*

XD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:32 pm
Some cheats are fun as long as it doesn't make the game not fun anymore.  

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

Puppetry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:30 pm

Wait, is he talking about the cheats you get through those data anomaly things?

If so, those are just used to further enhance your weapons if you select 'cheat alchemy.' They're built in the game, and they're not really 'cheats.'

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:00 am
there are cheats for the GU games but they don''t really do anything good like for vol 2 there is a code for a extra video i don't remember what one and for vol 3 there is a code for more promise cards if you guys want the codes let me know and i can post them  

closedaccount6907

5,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
Game Assistance and Talk

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items