Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
Just because there's no use for it, is it futile? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

This is a "useless" poll
  (The first poll did not load D< )
View Results

YesterDaysNews

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:12 pm
"Just because there's no use for it, is it futile? Sometimes the existence itself is enough."

I have been thinking of this quote, do you collect anything "useless" like Aromatic Grass?

I really can't think of anything for myself.
But I'm a bit of a pack-rat so I'm sure I can find something XD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:37 pm
I collect action figures....DVDs....Video Games...and Manga.....well....none of those are really useless....except the Star Wars crap sitting in my basement...3 rooms of it sitting there...collecting dust....  

Endranse

8,000 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

Kitkumi

9,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:53 pm
I collect shards of crystal. I really have no use for it, but they are so pretty it seems like a waste to just throw the shards away.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:49 am
I collect metal objects I find around town. I found a full muffler once. There's a lot of bits and things near the railroad tracks in town, and I want to learn how to weld so I can do something with all of them.  

[Dill]

14,425 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50

way to purgatory

Captain

Undead Deadeye

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:36 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. I don't collect anything useless IRL that I can think of.

But I did collect a ton of useless crap back when I played Diablo II. I'd keep anything that looked pretty and/or had a cool name. Namely armor and random set pieces that I couldn't use/were too low-level.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:20 am
Nothing is useless.

I can't say I collect useless stuff IRL, but I usually collect useless crap (Mostly Halloween stuff) on Gaia.  

User_2961583

way to purgatory

Captain

Undead Deadeye

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:54 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Oh yeah, I also collect stuff on Gaia too. I hoard event/quest items... basically anything that's free and shove them in my storage box to rot.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:56 am
I would say the same, but I usually wind up selling them... ninja  

[Dill]

14,425 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50

YesterDaysNews

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:40 am
Manga! I know I have some that I will never read again, but I'll never get rid of them XD

I hoard everything in Video games.
In .hack unless I want to give it to one of my comrades I try to keep everything. I only sell things when I have mass quantities of them XD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:19 pm
In videogames, especially Final Fantasy, I'll keep at least one of everything I ever get... Even those worthless things you're supposed to sell.

And in my Pokemon games, I keep all my gold nuggets just because! mrgreen

Aside from videogames, I keep anything and everything anyone's ever given to me. That means I still have my old Pokemon starter cards from 4th grade and the InuYasha cards I'll never look at that was given to me by a good friend. sweatdrop  

starmist100

Sanus Ex Machina

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:22 pm
I'm a major pack rat when it comes to anything. IRL, I have the biggest rock collection. XD
In video games, I hate to sell stuff 'cause I'm always thinking, "Holy crap, whut if I ever need it? D:" So I end up keeping it and accumulating 28974389576 pointless items in my inventory. Like in .hack//G.U. I used to have my inventory full to the max with useless armor that was tons of levels below me 'cause I didn't want to sell it.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:27 pm
I am a huge pack rat. I never get rid of anything. I always think I'll need it later.

You should see me trying to get rid of old stuffed animals. D: I have about 1000 and I only get rid of one.

EDIT: @ Deus De Saturnus : I have a rock collection too. whee  

Roofstealer

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:23 pm
I collect pins. xD
I always wondered what you could do with the Aromatic Grass in the games. I thought Elk would be excited if I got some for him. ._.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:11 pm
I collect pictures. But not those hoity-toity gallery pictures (c'mon, I don't have the money for that...), but pictures friends draw for me and stuff. I just can't bear to throw them away. I have this picture my friend drew for me in third grade still. xd  

fk12

YesterDaysNews

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:21 pm
I'm definitely a pack rat, but I don't see some of the stuff I have as "useless" O.o;
...maybe I'm just more messy than I am a pack-rat XD

@Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces