Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

O.o
  o.O
View Results

NightIntent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:40 pm
So I had an interesting (and very short) conversation with this random person today. It went like this:
Name removed
NightIntent
Name removed
Question:
Did you give your password to someoen named Broadway_CJ?

I've never even heard of anyone by that name. Why do you ask?

Hes' going around Rally saying, "Anyone want a rich person's password?" and then he asks for something expensive that they have on their avi in exchange for it. No one's fallen for it, but I asked him for the name, and he told me yours. He kept saying "A rich guy's" password, and "he won't be on Gaia anymore". It was funny to find out you're a girl ^w^. I thought that you should know it.

A new type of scam?

I've never even heard of this person! Why do they know who I am? Better yet, why are they using my name to scam people?

So, I have to find some way to deal with him. Any suggestions as to how? 'Cause I have no idea.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:49 pm
Report him to a mod. Tell them how you are being used as a scam target by someone you've never met before. And show them the PM someone sent you about how you were being used as this person's way of scamming.  

Wormmon
Captain

Friendly Gaian

Rathmanian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:50 pm
D:
You might want to change your password... I don't know... I've never heard of it, but still.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:56 pm
Wormmon
Report him to a mod. Tell them how you are being used as a scam target by someone you've never met before. And show them the PM someone sent you about how you were being used as this person's way of scamming.

Any mod? And I'd feel kinda bad bugging them.... And PMing a mod is kinda intimidating. n.n"

NekoGod: There's no way he actually has my password. If he had it, he'd probably have taken/tried to take my stuff already. If you think about it, it's a retarded scheme. Ask yourself: Why would someone with a "rich person's" password want expensive items in exchange for said password? Why wouldn't they just get the items from the account themselves?

I actually have a theory as to who it is. Some demented n00b who begs me for things via IM every once in a while. If only I could remember his Gaian name, that'd be useful.  

NightIntent

Rathmanian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:01 pm
:l
I'd report him still. Mods are fairly friendly.
=^-^=

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:06 pm
<.<" I don't like bugging people, though! And I have no other proof other than this PM, which I can't confirm. I don't like PMing people I don't know~  

NightIntent

NightIntent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:22 pm
Think I could just stick it under "Report a Scamming"? Or "Report Harrassment"? It's kinda like harrassment. And less personal than PMing a mod. Quick, too. Last time I had to report harrassment, they got to it in less than a day, too.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:30 pm
Well, harassment is labeled as a repeated thing.
<<;
Like, repeated bugging or whatever.

Rathmanian

NightIntent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:34 pm
No. I've never had people repeatedly bug me like that.

I reported someone for a one-time thing, because it warranted it. Someon posted something extremely offensive offensive on my profile comments, I took a screenshot, deleted it, and sent in the report.

This kinda warrants it, too. I should check the ToS, it'll probably be under there somewhere. My friend's checking to see if she can find his main's username.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:38 pm
Or ask the Q&A.
><
They know all. Don't be afraid, We're nice.

Rathmanian

NightIntent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:43 pm
Yeah... that's worse than PMing a mod. More people. I think I'll just report it as a scamming.

And my friend can't find his real account's name. Grr. Wish I'd saved his PMs. I think I just deleted them last week, too. -_-  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:46 pm
> 3 <
Alright... If you say so....

Rathmanian

NightIntent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:49 pm
<.< I don't like people I don't know.

And you know, I have no proof. And no way to get proof. So how can I report this person? I dunno~  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:07 pm
...He's on AIM right now. I IMed him. My friend IMed him already. He says he made a new account. And:
goldenxknightxcj (8:05:29 PM): all i got is a black tuxedo jacket
goldenxknightxcj (8:05:39 PM): and some 4th amigo clothes

Which are what's on the account that's giving out my name.

NightIntent (7:06:57 PM): hey, are you going around Rally saying you know my password?
goldenxknightxcj (7:07:07 PM): no im not
goldenxknightxcj signed off at 7:07:16 PM.
goldenxknightxcj is offline and will receive your IMs when signing back in.
goldenxknightxcj signed on at 7:07:23 PM.
goldenxknightxcj (7:07:29 PM): sry meant 2 block some one else
NightIntent (7:07:34 PM): ah

EDIT: He admitted to it!
goldenxknightxcj (7:08:15 PM): im sayin i no "some0nes" password so i can give out pass and get gold cause i was hacked

Anyone know a mod that I can PM? Maybe they can figure out something to do. Gonna see if they'll know what to do.  

NightIntent

Rathmanian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:39 pm
> 3 <
Just ask Q&A...Unless you want me to hook you up with Damien, OMFG, or Chibi?

welcome to - P o l l s P a r a d i s e - We need life! D:

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff