Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
gfg

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

paleHorse91

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:56 pm
dfgfd  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:18 pm
It depends on their role and design. Generally, you will be looking for pokemon with Adamant, Jolly, Timid, or Modest for sweepers and Bold, Impish, Careful, or Calm for tanks.

Staraptor is generally holding one of two items, Choice Scarf or Choice Band. Dependign on which one he is designed to use usually tells you what nature to pick. Adamant is usually holding Scarf, but base 100 Speed isn't terrible and Band makes for a harsh Brave Bird or Close Combat. Jolly is usually holding Band, but Scarf lets it outrun most other Scarf pokemon, most of which generally don't want to be hit.

The Standard Gyarados is big, really big. Without an Electric attack you aren't OHKOing it. Despite its inherant bulkyness, Gyarados usually runs an Adamant nature, abandoning its pathetic special attack in favor for its massive attack stat. Most Gyarados tend to hold Leftovers and use Dragon Dance, but I've seen some use Choice Band and Life Orb.

Magmortar is an average pokemon; losing speed after evolving hurt it quite a bit. Magmar might still be the superior choice, but I can't say that for sure. Timid or Hasty, (trading defense for speed), would probably be your best bet with it. As for its item? It's too slow to use Choice Scarf, seeing as high speed pokemon still have no problem out-running it. It could run Choice Specs; STAB Fire Blasts or Overheat coming from Magmotar are going to hurt anything not named Kingdra. It could also use Life orb, but there are far better users out there that get similar attacks to it *coughinfernapecough*.  

Tyhoon

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:51 pm
Try to avoid neutral natures (Bashful, Docile, Hardy, Quirky, Serious) and the natures Gentle and Lax in most situations.
Here's what I use on my team (or used to... ninja )
Gyarados: Adamant
Skarmory: Impish
Breloom: Adamant
Alakazam: Timid (I used Modest, and found that speed would help more)
Milotic: Calm
Metagross: Adamant

(By the way, any expert battler could notice at least 3 big flaws in that team pretty quickly.)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:58 pm
darkslasherX
Try to avoid neutral natures (Bashful, Docile, Hardy, Quirky, Serious) and the natures Gentle and Lax in most situations.

(By the way, any expert battler could notice at least 3 big flaws in that team pretty quickly.)

weakness to fire, lack of special sweepers, i'm sure that one of them is a nature but i'm kinda meh due to my cold.  

ravemaster47

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:08 pm
ravemaster47
darkslasherX

weakness to fire, lack of special sweepers, i'm sure that one of them is a nature but i'm kinda meh due to my cold.
Nope. The natures are good. However, lack of fast Pokémon (I only have Alakazam) and weakness to electric are two more.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:10 pm
darkslasherX
ravemaster47
darkslasherX

Nope. The natures are good. However, lack of fast Pokémon (I only have Alakazam) and weakness to electric are two more.

i didn't count speed for gyrados and metagross since you make em dance/agility anyways. but i did notice that. i didn't catch the electric part though.  

ravemaster47

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff