Reply [IC] Kusini'Mwezi Lands [IC]
[PRP] Outside the borders [Malakai/Nurisha] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:48 pm
Despite the fact she loved spending time with her family, Nurisha was getting restless again. The pale lioness felt a whimsical pull towards the borders of the pride and on a night like this, she couldn't help but swim the river and go wandering out in the grass lands. She missed Banjoko, her best friend, and had hoped they'd have met again by now. If they did, it as bound to be out here.

When she was younger she'd snuck out a few times to come here. Because of the environment here, with the water and the trees, there was always fireflies. It had enchanted her and she'd dance on her back legs, a chubby cub, to bat at them. A little ghost. A pretty young 'maiden'. Tonight however Nurisha just lay sphinx-like in the grass and watched them - she was older now, she'd lost the puppy fat and she had too much on her mind to 'dance'. Banjoko, her half-sister, and what she wanted to do with her life.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:12 pm
Malakai's paws picked through the soft ground, the smell of water, or moreso damn earth, filled his nose. Where was he now? He had no idea which was was north or south. The only thing that had kept him alive this far in his wandering was the training he had gone through as a younger cub. He almost felt like he missed home, the battlefield, the camps. Even though war was never pretty he had lost everyone and everything he had known. And now he was left to himself, for whatever the world wanted to deal him.

"Ick," he said, his paws finding the sticky parts of wet earth. It wasn't quite silky mud, but it was sticky enough that it got suctioned to his foot. Gross. He had no idea how to walk on terrain like this, and slipped his way to a dryer, more secure spot. "Whew."

It was then that he noticed the mini-floating suns all around. They illuminated small spots in the air, drifting around as if they had nothing better to do. They were almost mesmerising, hovering around him so his fancy markings glowed, and his black body could just been seen in their glow.  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:29 pm
Nurisha's eyes, which had been following the glowing insects caught sight of someone not far away. Briefly she'd got the impression of black-with-red stripes, more angled than like hers. Had they been swirls and the shadowy form larger she might have suspected her father had caught her out here a last. But instantly her mind went to her sister Umbia. She too had been known to want to wander...

With a smile, Nurisha got to her paws and started to pad towards where Malakai stood. With no breeze tonight it was only when she was a few lengths away did she realise that wasn't Umbia. She stopped and considered going back, but decided she might as well find out who it was out here. After all, she'd met Banjo and other good rogues out here.

"Good evening?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:38 pm
Malakai had not realized that there was anyone else nearby. It had been a while since he had come across any other lions, and none of them knew anything about where he had come from. How? As far as he had known, his pride and the other pride had been at war for ages over so little. So it seemed strange to him, something that swallowed up his whole memory, seemed to be unknown out here. It was something of a culture check for the young warrior.

His red eyes scanned over her form, though it was quick to judge her body language than anything. Training had brought that on, and he would decypher as soon as possible whether they could be considered combative or not. He took her as a negative, though, and relaxed just a bit. Hopefully she was alone, he didn't want to get ambushed.

"Evening," he said, returning the greeting. What was he to say? He was not used to what could be considered polite, or civil talk, and his mind flew through everything he could remember that his mother ever said to him. Pity that she did not live to see him finally take to the field, so his own memoires of her were molded into what he wanted to remember. All that was left was mostly praise and pride of him. Drats.  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:47 pm
"Sorry, I mistook you for someone else for a moment" Best not to say her sister. Some people got very touchy about being mixed up with another, let along a creature of the opposite sex. And now she was closer it was quite obvious that he was definitely a he. A handsome he, from what glimpses she got in the wavering light, a dark lion.

For a moment she remembered again dancing out here and catching the fireflies. And the phantom of a dark lion who'd danced with her or watched her lovingly. Ashiki. Her imaginary friend. Her cubhood dream. It was a snapshot in her mind but it made her smile brighter. Of course this was no Ashiki, no Love of hers. And considering her luck, he probably wasn't another Banjoko, another friend just about to stroll into her life. She daydreamed far too much...

"You're a traveler? End of the line here friend unless you mean to visit. The Kusini pride lands start yonder, just beyond those trees."  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:43 am
Malakai cocked his head to the side for a moment, before straightening himself up again. He noted that it was interested he was mistooken for someone. A small panic flew through his nerves, wondering if he was any bit close to home, now. But she did not look familiar, nor did the lands. And being who he was, he would of known the lands around his home. So no, perhaps it was just a genuine mistake, and no one nearby probably knew of his home.

End of the line? He could hardly believe it, if she was going to tell him to turn around. Ladies were never permitted to raise a paw for nearly anything at home, only if it was to discipline their own children. The idea of a female being a fighter was horribly foreign to him. He would not ask, though. He didn't want to provoke her.

"I am a traveler, yes," he said, his voice a little rough from travel. "Though not by choice." He shifted the weight on his forepaws for a moment, letting the odd term 'kusini' fill his mind. "I do not know what these Kusini lands are that you mention, miss. Am I intruding on something dangerous?" Perhaps he was, he hadn't a clue.  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:37 pm
"No more than the next pride... so if you mean no harm you could probably venture in." She said, meaning to be reassuring to the stranger. Of course some of the prides weren't so friendly, such as the Firekin or the new Outlanders but Nurisha had never reached that far. They were just distant villains in someone else' story. Not hers.

"Ah, I was a traveler by choice when I was younger. Where'd you hail from?" To others the idea of such a dainty thing as her being a traveler was amusing. After all she was just into her adolescence. But Nurisha as happy to have had her 'adventures' with Banjoko...and prayed that when, if, he found her again they'd go traveling again.

Maybe they'd go to the distant lands and brave the Firekin desert...hm... She closed her eyes a moment then remembered she wasn't supposed to just go off into day dreams. That was rude. Bad habit.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:02 pm
The black lion did feel a small sense of reassurance from her, because he did not mean any harm. He would only ever mean harm on the pride that his own was warring against, but that must be hundreds of miles away. He sighed, just thinking about it. He would never see her again, either. Malakai was certain that they had already presumed him dead, another casualty to their great war, and would soon forget him. All, but perhaps his parents. They too had lost many children to the war, so it honestly wouldn't surprise him if they did too, eventually forgot about him.

But back to whatwas in front of him.

"Hail from? My home must be so far away, I have no clue as to where I am now." He tried to avoid the name, just in case he found sympathisers to his enemy. You never knew just how far their influence could have spread. "But it is much more northern from here, western as well." Hopefully she would not directly ask for a name. He wouldn't know what to say then, but he was being a bit broad.  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:14 pm
"That's the direction we traveled! Though perhaps, we didn't make it as far as your pride." She replied, smiling. She found it a little strange that a lion from a pride didn't offer it's name. Usually they proudly proclaimed 'I'm a Pridelander' or 'I'm from the Swamps!'. But maybe he'd lost it in a tragedy, or was a prince on a secret quest or - or maybe he was just a traveler who wsn't so free with information than most.

Reality check. Which reminded her to ask him something.

"...you didn't happen to meet a lion on your journey named Banjoko? He's a friend of mine I've sort of lost."  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:20 pm
Malakai's ears swiveled forward at that first part of what she had said, but soon he let his ears flop back to their normal position. Not as far. No, he'd probably never be able to return. Well, he would have to resign himself to that. He didn't know where home was, and no one else probably did.

The adolescent sighed, letting his eyes sway downwards to stare at the ground below him. He was upset, and though he didn't want to show it, he couldn't help but show a bit of sadness.

He perked up a bit, though, when she began to speak to him again. "Banjoko? I'm sorry miss, but I've never come across any other lions in my wandering. You're the first in a very long time, and it's refreshing to see a pretty face."  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:06 pm
"Ah now, no need to jest." She joked, bringing her head back and looking down. Huh. Besides her parents, who didn't count, and Ashiki, that was the first time she could recall anyone ever calling her pretty. It was a little embaressing and oddly pleasing even though he was just some random stranger.

A slightly sorrowful, lost stranger. Hmm. Even though he hadn't been able to help her, mayhaps, she could help him. Or at least find someone who could point him in the right direction.

"Pleasure to meet you too. Maybe someone I know will know the way back your pride, if you're lost? Two brains are better than one as they say and it can only get better with more involved. Lots of my pridemates have be out and about before."  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:09 pm
"Ummm...."

Now Malakai was a little unsure. He wasn't sure if it would be smart to investigate with this lioness. First, she was a girl. It just seemed a bit out of place for her to seem so gung-ho on helping him find his home. It was a kind thought, but just a bit awkward to him. Second, if he stepped foot on any pride, even if they turned out nice, he was risking his saftey. And it could risk the saftey of even her, just in case there was someone that didn't like him, and would try to pin the blame on her.

"Perhaps, but I do not want to be of any trouble. Y'see....my home pride was at war with another pride, and I don't want to cause any trouble." He was obviously very nervous now. "I wouldn't want to cross the chance of bringing danger to a place that is innocent of our conflict."  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:51 am
"Hmm...well, I don't want to bring any strife to the pride." She glanced back at the trees, with the fireflies dancing and the land she'd grown up from hidden behind the forest. Nurisha felt more and more like leaving it to seek her fortunes out in the world but this was her family's home. She did love them and felt loyal to the Kusini.

But what of adventure and helping those who need help?

"I'm sorry to hear of this war but maybe it won't follow you here. If you want any help though...it's what I do." She smiled.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:20 am
Malakai's eyes scanned over the lioness before him. He really...couldn't help the staring bit, but at least his jaw wasn't hanging open. If the flow off of the fireflies didn't lie, she looked very similar to the lioness that stole his heart back home. He knew that they weren't the same lion, but still...he couldn't quite shake that feeling.

"I think...well, do you think it would be permissable to reside just outside of these Kusini lands for a time? I need to think on what to do, and perhaps if I am stationary for a time I will be able to decide what to do." Plus, he'd have the time to hunt for something other than hare.  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:40 pm
"Of course! I can't see why anyone would object. These are free roguelands after all. They belong to nobody and everybody." Really, Nurisha was surprising herself. While she was an adventurer and did like to help people, either with small things or on 'quests', she wasn't a leading lady. She was the maiden, a sweet little sidekick, the dreamer. She was kind and soft and not this forward. She was trying to make him stay, let her help -

She was a sucker for a dark lion, barely lit by the moonlight and only seen in flashes the fireflies' glow. It all seemed so romantic. It was like something from Nurisha's daydreams.  
[IC] Kusini'Mwezi Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff