Since I know we all enjoyed seeing a pokemon of the week, I decided I should bring it back for the newly reformed newspaper. I will just pick the pokemon myself for this first week, and the rest shall be decided via voting. Enjoy!

User Image

National Dex:-----#3
Johto Dex:-----#---
Hoenn Dex:-----#---
Sinnoh Dex:-----#---
Type:-----Grass/Poison
Weight----- 220.5 lbs
Abilities:-----Overgrow
Egg group:-----Monster/Grass
Time to hatch:-----5,376
Catch rate:-----45

Pokedex Entry:
After a rainy day, the flower on its back smells stronger. The scent attracts other Pokemon.

User Image

Standard set:
Venusaur @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold/calm
~ Sleep Powder
~ Leech Seed
~ Energy Ball / Grass Knot
~ Sludge Bomb
EV: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Comments: The very standard of Venusaur, the annoyer. Venusaur has enough hitpoints and defenses to take a few hits before going down, and if your careful you'll have nothing to worry about. Start off with a sleep poweder (Wide lens can be subsituted for leftovers if you feel you need it) and leech seed the switch. Venusaur easily switches in with leech seed/leftovers continuously healing him, and finish off your oponents with a energy ball/grass knot/sludge bomb.

Choice Scarf set:
Venusaur @ choice scarf
Nature: Timid
~ Sleep Powder
~ Leaf Storm
~ Hidden Power Ice / Sludge Bomb
~ Earthquake
EV: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Comments: The Ev spreads and shoice scarf put Venusaur at a nice 405 speed. This can outrun many annoying counters for venusaur, giving him the lead. Lead with a sleep powder, and make a switch. Utilize this venusaur as a hit and run pokemon, switching in and out with leaf stroms and aother attacks to quickly knock off enemies. This set is reccomended for more advanced players used to battle predictions.

Choice Specs Set:
Venusaur @ choice specs
Nature: Modest
~ Leaf Storm
~ Sludge Bomb
~ Hidden Power Ice
~ Sleep Talk
EV: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Comments: This set is the most uncommon of the three, due to its somewhat difficulty to use. The base power of Leaf Storm from Choice Specs Venusaur rivals that of Draco Meteor from Salamence. Only Pokémon with a 4x grass resist (Salamence, Dragonite, etc.), Blissey, and Celebi will be able to switch into it more than once without risk. Sludge Bomb and Hidden Power Ice will make short work of the grass types and dragons that do not fear Leaf Storm. Sleep Talk makes him a good Pokémon to absorb sleep from the common Gengar lead while still maintaining his supreme usefulness. Watch out for Steel types like Jirachi and Metagross since they resist all your attacks.