*I am posting this on my various other guilds, and websites*

I have signed up for the 30 Hour Famine of 2008. If you have little knowledge of the Famine, you can visit famine.ca for details. I have set up this thread for the purpose of collecting donations, in the hope that we might help end world hunger together.

Famine.ca
All over the world, there are young people who care about hunger, poverty, and injustice—and want to do something about it.

Participate in World Vision's 30 Hour Famine, and you can change the lives of children around the world.

The first 30 Hour Famine took place in Calgary, Alberta, 36 years ago, when a group of youths refused to sit back and do nothing about the famine in Ethiopia.

Today, almost 1.5 million teens in more than 15 countries participate in the 30 Hour Famine. This is your chance to join them.

How it Works
Participants collect donations, then go 30 hours without eating to experience hunger first-hand. During the 30 hours, groups learn about global poverty issues and take part in a variety of activities to keep them busy.

Why Do It
World Vision's 30 Hour Famine is your chance to make an impact; to take a stand against hunger, poverty, and injustice; to make a difference and change the lives of children in need.

Famine.ca
When you commit to the 30 Hour Famine, you commit to lasting change. You are making a difference in the daily lives of people who have very little nutritious food or access to safe water, or live in fear because of conflict and war in their communities. The money that you raise will fund projects in countries around the world, including Canada.

Healthy Food Transforms Lives
Healthy food is hard to come by in many parts of the world. Even though there is enough food in the world to feed everybody 850 million people still suffer from chronic malnutrition every day.

Getting enough nutritious food to feed their children is a daily struggle for many parents. World Vision nutrition programs work with local health workers and parents to strengthen efforts to meet the nutritional needs of all community members. Special programs empower local people to teach and mentor each other so nutritional and agricultural knowledge stays within the community.

In 2008, the 30 Hour Famine is funding nutrition and food programs in countries such as Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Cambodia and Ecuador.

Safe Water for All
Water is the most widespread resource on Earth, yet there are one billion people without daily access to safe water. Where people do not have safe water, there is hardship and death.

Prolonged drought in some countries makes finding safe water for human and agricultural needs extremely difficult. World Vision works in some of the most water-stressed areas, drilling borehole wells and building water and sanitation systems for local communities. Consulting and problem-solving with locals ensures that these systems are cared for and benefit the community over the long term.

In 2008, the 30 Hour Famine is funding water projects in Ethiopia, Malawi, Niger, Sierra Leone and Zimbabwe.

Protecting Children
Conflict and war force children to flee their homes and live as refugees. In some countries these children are kidnapped to become child soldiers, and are forced to commit unspeakable acts of violence against their own people—and even their own families.

World Vision works in these communities to improve the capacity of civil society organizations, and help communities and individuals to manage and reduce conflict and contribute to peace and reconciliation. Rehabilitation centres are built to support formerly abducted children, allowing them to successfully reintegrate into their communities.

Funds raised by the 30 Hour Famine support operations for community outreach programs for formerly abducted children.

I am collecting both online and offline donations. If you would like to donate to this worthy cause, you may follow the link below.

CLICK HERE TO DONATE!