Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:11 am
-- Self Rp between Nyoni and Mundoo ((with a hint of Muhali))

"What will you do?"

The words drifted to him suddenly, and the male lifted his head from where he'd placed it, on the floor, near some roots. He'd taken to hiding in the vegetation, rather than enjoying the beach like Nyoni had. All in all, it was safe to say that while Nyoni was enjoying herself greatly upon the lands, Mundoo was doing anything but, really. He was upset, angry and unhappy. He felt trapped, and swiftly decided he did not, in fact, like this feeling at all. The again, he'd swiftly decided he didn't like very muh of anything at all, really, and he was still rather baffled as to why he'd even put up with the brown lioness' presence in the first place, "What do you mean?" he growled at her, his head barely moving from where he'd placed it on the floor, his strange, soulless-looking eyes moving to glance up, "There's nothing TO do."

"Of course there's always something TO do, Mundoo... doing nothing is also an option, and would, in fact, be doing something too," the female padded nearer, till she was standing over the white pelted lion. Her head tilted to one side then, moving slowly, with that chiming, twinkling sound of bells that seemed to characterise her, "It's called philosophy, by the way; and if you actually sit down to ponder it, it can be rather entertaining," she chuckled lightly, settling herself till her head came to rest over the male's shoulders. She was acutely aware she'd confused him, and he was doing everything in his power to seek out a cutting, bitter answer to what she'd said... however, she could also easily tell he was failing rather miserably too. Nyoni chuckled again, lightly, wholeheartedly and she smiled, her head still nestled on top of him, "You think too much, you know?"

That caught the male's attention; he frowned mildly and shifted so that he could watch her side breathing, in and out, just barely out the corner of an eye. Still he did not answer, and still he did not move to shove her off; what use was there? He'd made it clear on their first meeting he didn't wish her company, or aid in the least, and yet she'd brushed the notion off, like a spec of dust. Not only had she ignored his wishes, but she'd done exactly the opposite; she'd gotten near him, and... somewhere, some-when... someHOW, had wormed herself into his heart. He knew this; there was no denying that fact. Mundoo was no fool; he knew denial wouldn't get him anywhere, however, there was a long way that stretched from denial to acceptance, and though he was perfectly willing to admit it to himself, he wasn't entirely willing to do so to the world around him. Not yet. Probably not ever, "You talk too much, you know that?" was his answered, rumbled from where he still lay, now with a lioness over his back, almost as make-shift blanket of sorts.

The female in question snorted her amusement with a roll of her eyes, "Not hardly enough it seems, because what I say goes in through one ear and out the other half the time," she patted his head with a paw mildly, watching his ears flop back, frowning at the gesture which he felt was unwarranted, "It makes me feel like I should driving in the things I say with a rock; smashing them through that thick skull of yours.... I swear, by the stars, you're the most stubborn lion I've ever met!" yet she remain with him; if she stopped to ponder this, it usually made her wonder about her own mental sanity. She wanted to help Mundoo get out of... whatever slump he'd wormed himself into over the years. She wished to rescue him; to dig him out of that self-made niche of his where he felt the need to growl and snap at everyone.

Oh, she knew it was all growl and no bite; the fact he'd never really done much other than glare daggers her way despite how obnoxious she'd known she'd been to him seemed to prove it in her mind. Nyoni wasn't a glutton for punishment after all; she liked to think that she knew when someone had a chance to change... a chance to become someone... something better. She firmly believed the white pelted lion would not only change for the better, but that he'd find what he was looking for. Even if didn't particularly know WHAT that was just yet.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:30 am
Shrugging himself finally from under Nyoni, Mundoo growled at her, "And I've still got no idea why you both lead me here AND still hang around me! Have you got nothing else better to do than to bother me with your chit chat? And your following me? Lord knows there must be souls out there that WANT you to follow them!" he turned his head to snap at her, his mane coming in to frame his head, his eyes shadowed, "Maybe they'd want to, but not me!"

The brown pelted female both allowed him to squirm away from her and vent his frustration; in fact, all what she did was smile faintly up at him, "Maybe," she agreed with him, and then she lifted her paw, swiftly, almost as if to strike him down; as if to claw him. She watched Mundoo instinctively recoil away, both from actual fear of being struck and from fear to the touch; the gypsy had noted that he had some sort of actual phobia against being touched. Of course, she had a pretty good idea of just why this was; it probably had to do with the fact he had such low self-confidence.

Alas, she was too fast for him and was able to plant her paw over the left side of his maw. Then slowly, while the male was too occupied opening and closing his mouth, much like a gaping fish, she leaned in and dragged her tongue over his right cheek. If the touch hadn't rendered the male utterly speechless, it would've been safe to assume the makeshift kiss would have done so without much problem at all. Leaning away from him just barely, Nyoni looked into Mundoo widened eyes, "Maybe," she repeated again, softly, her paw still pressed against the side of his face, "But it's not them whom need me," this said, she let her paw lower from where she'd held it against him, and slowly stood up to leave, her frame working it's way till she reached the border of the jungle, no doubt about to go to the beach to enjoy some frolicking in the playful waters. However, she paused just barely at the edge, turning to glance back over her shoulder at where the male still half stood, half sat, gaping opening at her, petrified, "Think about that, Mundoo..." she slipped out of view then, easily.

His mouth was still working itself crazy; open and closed when the female had disapeared. His raged breath and the way Mundoo's eyes were open, imposibly so, signaled the fact that not only had he been shocked to death, but he'd been scared to hell. Not because of the kiss; that had been rather nice, thank you very much, but rather, by the notion that single... innocent action had sparked.

He was no longer able to deny what had been haunting him for the past few days... he was no longer able to look at Nyoni and think she was nothing other than a persistent brat that kept on following him. He was stuck, literaly between the sword and the wall, for now he understod plently well what was wrong; He knew what was going on. As much as it scared him to admit to it, there was no way to deny it any further, not even to himself.

He was in love.

Lord help him; he was in love. With this thought in mind, Mundoo took in a sharp gasp of a breath and jumped away from the space he'd been haunting; he moved swiftly, rushing away from the jungle... and Nyoni, where ever she might be, hoping that perhaps while running, he'd be able to outrun the feelings he'd only just admited were there.  

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:24 am
From her perch up in a random tree above the couple in question, a small cub like creature watched on, her eyes heavy lidded, her maw expressionless for a moment or two before she turned her blue eye to the sky. Love was a.... curios feeling. It was strange to behold; it held a power Muhali had been eble to witness throughout the ages.

It was able to change any given individual... if given the chance. So far, during her long life, Irrationality had been able to witness this so called 'love'. She'd been able to see the effect it had on mortals, but never had she been able to understand it fully; she figured it was one of those things that one had to experience to fully understand. turning her head back downward, the petite goddess watched as the white male ran away from the spot, no doubt seeking solance; or perhaps something he himself could not understand.

Reptilian eye narrowed then; a small tongue slipping in and out before the snake that had remain coiled around the goddess' neck turned to gaze at her, "He's not going to be able to go anywhere... he's not going to outrun what just happened there," usualy silent for the most part, it was rare for him to share thoughts with anyone. Even Muhali, whom he'd in fact, grown extremely attatched to.

"No, no he's not," came the response as the goddess whatched Mundoo's retreat.

Again the snake watched the male's retreat, "What do you think?" it was asked without him turning to glance at Muhali.

"I think it's time we all stop running," she said simply, her wings spreading as she launched herself into the sky; her characteristic smile was back upon her maw as she vanished from view and headed towards... the Gods only knew where.  
[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games