Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
Concerning Twilight, the first book//What if..? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jam Tarte

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:16 pm
(SPOILER WARNING)What if they made it a bit more scandalous with the whole James thing. I found that (just personally, don't spazz at me crying ) that part of the series was kind of poorly written. We didn't get enough action, I think, and wouldn't it be interesting if James was a tiny bit more seductive towards Bella? I support this conclusion by noting that (SPOILER WARNING) when Edward finished off Victoria, he acted seductively, and later concluded that this was a method of attack.

Any thoughts?

Just a quick note to remind you the books were REALLY very good, just this one part, so you don't team up and spazz at me for my ideas.. eek  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:28 pm
I agree that that part of the book is a little off. I support your opinion. I think there should be more to it. I don't care how long the book gets, I love detials.
I found it strange, in the end of Twilight, that Edward said those things while she was in the hospital. It gave me a "lykwhoa" feeling.
3nodding  

Amethyst Heaven

WickedSong

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:39 pm
Hm. That would have been interesting. I agree totally. James seemed a little...normal, anticlimactic, something like that. I love that scene, but you're right, that would have added to it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:07 pm

Yea, I agree with you.

OpalGirl

7,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
  • Voter 100

xnotxperfectx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:07 pm
James be seductive... hmmm, that actually would have be very interesting. You have a very good point! whee  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:56 pm
i'm not sure what to say about that  

Fifii

lonex_lore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:04 pm
not quite sure
but maybe, maybe would be interesting  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:14 pm
I agree that it is a little anti-climactic, but considering he is not quite as beautiful as most vampires (he's supposed to be fairly average looking), seductiveness may not be a technique that he would utilize. I mean, you don't have to be attractive to be seductive, but still..... I think James would rely more on his intelligence and cunning than the way he is perceived by his victim.  

penandpaper67

hospitalflowers

3,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:20 pm
I agree... ninety-nine percent, because James would've probably liked to have done that... but... I think he would have noticed how close she was to Edward and realized that would have not worked, but, also, it would have been something he would have liked to do to torture Edward.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:57 pm
Ooh I think that would have been interesting and I was actually thinking that too when I read it. I wanted him to be seductive. He was so... anti-climatic.. :/ And I absolutely agree with In_My_Broken_Heart about it being a good way to torture Edward . *w* I would have liked to read that and see how Edward would react to that on the tape. Very interesting indeed.  

xXNoOnesPrincessXx

purple_pirate_lover

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:17 pm
WickedSong
Hm. That would have been interesting. I agree totally. James seemed a little...normal, anticlimactic, something like that. I love that scene, but you're right, that would have added to it.

I would have to agree with you. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:02 pm
xnotxperfectx
James be seductive... hmmm, that actually would have be very interesting. You have a very good point! whee

It would have also suited his character as well. I mean, his character was rather flat and that would have giving that last push to make him a believable vampire. and also i don't see him as the type not to try all of his advantages and vampires are suppose to be inhumanly attractive to begin with. why not put the icing on the cake huh?  

Aradia Helevorn

featherbee

7,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:38 pm
Since James is a hunter that's like like obsessed with the hunt I guess seduction doesn't really appeal much to him. He's more interested in the act not leading up to it, though he did a fairly good job of doing so. There are endless possibilities...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:46 pm
i do think it needed something although i loved that james was cunning. here are my problems with that however:
1. edward is not so much seductive towards victoria as he is...alluring. he dazzles. he never really makes it seem as if he wants her or anything.
2. james is bland for a vampire. if he was really all that seductive, he wouldn't have to hunt by tracking. plus, where's the thrill of the chase if she comes right to him?
just a thought domokun  

o marilyn monrobot o

sasori_rei

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:21 am
o marilyn monrobot o
i do think it needed something although i loved that james was cunning. here are my problems with that however:
1. edward is not so much seductive towards victoria as he is...alluring. he dazzles. he never really makes it seem as if he wants her or anything.
2. james is bland for a vampire. if he was really all that seductive, he wouldn't have to hunt by tracking. plus, where's the thrill of the chase if she comes right to him?
just a thought domokun

i agree with you.  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas