Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Pokemon Archieve Championship Tournament (Update) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Luther Olathes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:38 pm
(nitnit approved this.)

A new guild has arisen and wishes to make itself known. To celebrate the guild's opening Pokemon Archive will be holding a Championship Tournament. Prizes will be offered to the First, second, and third place winners.

The tournament will have alternating rules so that each round is different. Trainers will have the perfect opertunity to test their skills against others. Three rules, however, will remain constant throughout the entire tournament.

1. Legendaries and Ubers are not allowed.
2. Hacked pokemon are banned. Which includes impossible stats, movesets, and abilities.
3. Species clause, OHKO clause, Evsion clause, and Sleep clause.

As with anything else, if you violate the rules you will be disqualified.

The peliminaries of this tournament is an Inspection battle. You must choose the team you wish to enter and battle a Tournament Moderator's "Inspection" team. You do not have to win the battle, but do have to prove your skills in order to perticipate in the tournament.
(Note: The "Inspection" teams will not be top notch but will be designed to test competitors.)

On top of that, battles will be abled to be posted in the Stadium for others to witness. Posting battles will be encouraged but are not required in order to be in the tournament.. This is one tournament you don't have to be a part of to enjoy.

With enough said, to sign-up just leave your friendcode and name below.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:41 pm
Phoenix 2663 9839 7902

Can't wait for this tourny.  

PhoenixBlade983

Tyhoon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:13 pm
Wait...so the item and evasion clauses are left out? I might look at the guild, but I'm not interested in this tourny. Of course my opinion means squat, so whatever.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:52 pm
Tyhoon
Wait...so the item and evasion clauses are left out? I might look at the guild, but I'm not interested in this tourny. Of course my opinion means squat, so whatever.

The only item we really care about people using over and over is Focus Sash, because that would be LAH and plan cheap. Other then what, we don't care if every one of your pokemon has Leftovers.  

Luther Olathes

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:20 pm
Luther Olathes
Tyhoon

The only item we really care about people using over and over is Focus Sash, because that would be LAH and plan cheap. Other then what, we don't care if every one of your pokemon has Leftovers.

It would be plain retarded to have all focus sashes....  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:31 pm
1. Legendaries and Ubers are not allowed
Hax Items are allowed
Double Team and Minimize are allowed.

Sorry but this tournament is not for me. Plus I do not see the reason to not allow legendarys neutral Seriusly but whatever I have nothing to say abouit this tourny since I wont be joining. If you decided to go with standard rules as well as banning hax items you let me know and ill join as of now its a waste of my time.  

Pachulo

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:31 pm
What about sleep clause? Hax items?

What about pokesav pokemon?

I'm not participating, just curious.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:41 pm
Pachulo
1. Legendaries and Ubers are not allowed
Hax Items are allowed
Double Team and Minimize are allowed.

Sorry but this tournament is not for me. Plus I do not see the reason to not allow legendarys neutral Seriusly but whatever I have nothing to say abouit this tourny since I wont be joining. If you decided to go with standard rules as well as banning hax items you let me know and ill join as of now its a waste of my time.

Legendaries are nothing more then a step between normal pokemon and Ubers.
What Hax items are you talking about? There are some expections to items that we will not allow because you never know when someone will take the cheap route.
As for Double Team and minimize, you have to concider who really uses those now-a-days. Mostly people who can't even pass the peliminary test.  

Luther Olathes

Pachulo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:02 pm
I have a Minimize Blissey in my box as well as a few other tanks that have Double team, why? To teach people that forget to put Evasion clause how hard it is to take down a Blissey with minimize. domokun

WRONG! Most OU have better stats than other legends, That makes no sense sorry. try using pokemons like Raiko, Entei and Moltres in Ubers field, they will get rape before they can even blink. There is a reason why there are OU and Ubers, restricting legens is just stupid and noobish, but then again this is your tourny nit mine.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:08 pm
Pachulo
I have a Minimize Blissey in my box as well as a few other tanks that have Double team, why? To teach people that forget to put Evasion clause how hard it is to take down a Blissey with minimize. domokun

WRONG! Most OU have better stats than other legends, That makes no sense sorry. try using pokemons like Raiko, Entei and Moltres in Ubers field, they will get rape before they can even blink. There is a reason why there are OU and Ubers, restricting legens is just stupid and noobish, but then again this is your tourny nit mine.

Using Legends is noobish.
xDDD

Bug Catcher Geno

Pachulo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:11 pm
Jean Louis
Pachulo

xDDD

Explain why, if you cant back up your arguments then just dont.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:16 pm
Pachulo
Jean Louis
Pachulo

xDDD

First off, your rant about Legends getting pwnd in uber field really doesn't support your argument about how legends aren't the step between non-ubers and ubers.

Bug Catcher Geno

Raijin36

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:16 pm
Pachulo
Jean Louis
Pachulo

xDDD

Well seeing as in how I have a Non-Uber Legendary in my team that is crucial I guess I won't be joining.

Clauses that should always be played are as follows-

Evasion clasue
Sleep clause
Uber clause
Hax items clause
Hacked stats clause

And lvl 100 6v6 singles are usually the best.

Everything else is just being obsessive.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:27 pm
Jean Louis
Pachulo
Jean Louis
Pachulo

xDDD

First off, your rant about Legends getting pwnd in uber field really doesn't support your argument about how legends aren't the step between non-ubers and ubers.

He just said most OU are better then some legendaries.

Legendary != Uber  

Pay Per Cuts

Luther Olathes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:36 pm
This tournament is supost to test your skills in ALL areas. With things like Lucario and Infernape, I'm suprised you're even worried about a double teaming Blissy. For powerful trainers, you people sure do complain alot about such things.

In a field of normals, Legendaries would pawn. That makes them the middle ground. Someone who is a strong trainer does not have to relly on legendaries or ubers. Besides, there are pokemon out there that can beat legendaries and are rather common. So, what's the deal?  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff