Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
We need FEAR! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raijin36

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:29 pm
Remember those days of prosper when everyone cowered before nitnit?

And when someone happened to beat him they would gain fame if only temporary as that person that beat nitnit?

I sure do.

We need to restore order and show who really is the best in the guild.

We need to really see who is OVER 9000!!! And who isn't.

We need order.

I feel it's been kinda out of control, anyone else agree?

All these newbs with their Brawl threads and random spam, now as many of you know I am certainly no stranger to spam...(shigeru, PPC etc.) but this is a Pokemon guild we need more Pokemon stuff goin on here!!

We need a HUGE event that will shake the grounds of the very foundation of Gaia itself.

So anyone got any ideas?

[rant/]  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:45 pm
I think this is already in effect, but...

We could have a Wi–Fi Pokémon League. You know, real Gym leaders, Elite Fours, and a Champion. To prove that the trainers are really ready to challenge the Elite Four, they need to show that they have defeated the other Gym Leaders. To prove this, the Gym Leaders should have a "Certified Trainers" post that shows who got what badges. The Elite Four should also have this to show that the trainer is ready for the next Elite Four. Or the Champion. The Champion himself should have a "Hall of Fame" post.  

Crazily_Cool_Kyle

Raijin36

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:48 pm
SportsMaster789
I think this is already in effect, but...

We could have a Wi–Fi Pokémon League. You know, real Gym leaders, Elite Fours, and a Champion. To prove that the trainers are really ready to challenge the Elite Four, they need to show that they have defeated the other Gym Leaders. To prove this, the Gym Leaders should have a "Certified Trainers" post that shows who got what badges. The Elite Four should also have this to show that the trainer is ready for the next Elite Four. Or the Champion. The Champion himself should have a "Hall of Fame" post.

Umm, that's all basically happenened cept for the Hall of Fame speech and the elite four.

Thanks for being creative and suggesting something though biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:49 pm
User Image
I was bored

I'd say I was second best but that title slipped out of my hands.
So I got this D: User Image

Kunx990

Raijin36

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:51 pm
Kunx990
User Image
I was bored

I'd say I was second best but that title slipped out of my hands.

But how can you know that for sure?

That's why we need to end this "Who's the best"? charade with a bang.

For all you know you might even be able to best nitnit in 1v1 combat to the death. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:02 pm
Sounds like a good fight!  

Crazily_Cool_Kyle

Kunx990

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:03 pm
User Image
I was bored

Thats a battle of speed anyways one which I'd probably lose.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:12 pm
Even with a speed form Deoxys that knows Shadow Ball?  

Crazily_Cool_Kyle

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:17 pm
Seriously, who cares whose the absolute best? I mean even if you hold a tourney, every one knows there is a fairly high amount of luck involved in this game, so two people seemingly on equal levels will win just based on luck.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:21 pm
Yeah everyone has basically gotten so skilled it comes down to luck/who gets lucky with predicting.

You can say we can have a tournament to see who's best

But every tournament held so far has sucked =)  

Pay Per Cuts

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:30 pm
har har double post

and the Brawl threads are getting kind of annoying. They're pathetic threads at that too. Cpt. Falcon update yaaay... like 5 days late and the entire roster was released or How to Unlock Ness! We know about Ness and the game won't be out for 2 months, why should I care about how you unlock him?

(I know I made an unrelated to pokemon Brawl thread before. But, hey that's when the guild wasn't as active, it was right after the announcement, and it was pretty big.)

I like starting sentences with "and".  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:10 pm
Pay Per Cuts
har har double post

and the Brawl threads are getting kind of annoying. They're pathetic threads at that too. Cpt. Falcon update yaaay... like 5 days late and the entire roster was released or How to Unlock Ness! We know about Ness and the game won't be out for 2 months, why should I care about how you unlock him?

(I know I made an unrelated to pokemon Brawl thread before. But, hey that's when the guild wasn't as active, it was right after the announcement, and it was pretty big.)

I like starting sentences with "and".

QFT

Yea I mean that thread was fine but now it's waaaaaay out of control.

And I always put and at the start of my sentences lol.  

Raijin36

Raijin36

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:12 pm
Deathguiser
Seriously, who cares whose the absolute best? I mean even if you hold a tourney, every one knows there is a fairly high amount of luck involved in this game, so two people seemingly on equal levels will win just based on luck.

Double post FTW!

Yea good point I hadn't thought of that, but there are some who vastly outskill others.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:43 pm
Raijin36
Deathguiser

Double post FTW!

Yea good point I hadn't thought of that, but there are some who vastly outskill others.

Really, its not much skill. All you have to do is build the right team. Anybody can do it, just go on smogon and look up pokemon and find roles to support your team are you pretty much become a top contender. ALl you have to learn is the art of prediction.  

Deathguiser

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:36 am
Aka skill right?

smogon is a source for knowledge and how you apply that knowledge really decides the battle.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff