Does being goth restrict other movement? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ItsSkinz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:27 pm
DECORA FOR LIFE

I've been in the gothic scene and dress for sometime now..6 or 7 years to my count. I've recently had a revelation as to how i want to live my life. I've been a depressive person natrually. I have a depression problem. So i told myself i'm not going to be a depressed person anylonger. Going to wear more colorful clothing, have a better thoughts, and take care of myself better than i did when i dressed and spent my time as a goth.

i wonder though..can one still have the spirit of a goth, and be something completely diffrent?

Please share your thoughts

DECORA IS LOVE

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:52 pm
Decora=trying too hard

Also, yes, being Goth restricts your movement

ffsghyanbh

j3ll0_m0nk3y

High-functioning Shapeshifter

17,000 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Ghost Hunter 250
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:27 pm
Wearing dark colors does not equate being depressed. I find that I am in my best moods when I am wearing lots of black lace and corsets, and that bright colors make me uncomfortable and depressed. You can take care of yourself and be a happy person and still wear black. However, if you want to keep some elements of goth fashion, try accenting your clothing with bright accessories.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:00 pm
DECORA FOR LIFE

well the problem with that, is my mood is very impressionable by color and mood of color...or according to my many doctors it is...frankly i tend to agree with them. So i wanted to make a change...not only that...i fear my parents are becoming worried with the increasing depression bouts i've been having. So i want to show them some sort of assurance, that i'm actualy a much happier person now....idk...i just thought i'd ask,

Oh, and d o c TRANSVESTITE, thats you're opinion that Decora equals trying to hard. I find the Decora style to be very comforting.

just as you gave your opinion, i just gave mine.

DECORA IS LOVE

ItsSkinz

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:39 pm
Goth =/= personality. (Hoping this won't open a can of worms)
You'll be just fine.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:49 pm
Decora Kun
DECORA FOR LIFE

well the problem with that, is my mood is very impressionable by color and mood of color...or according to my many doctors it is...frankly i tend to agree with them. So i wanted to make a change...not only that...i fear my parents are becoming worried with the increasing depression bouts i've been having. So i want to show them some sort of assurance, that i'm actualy a much happier person now....idk...i just thought i'd ask,

Oh, and d o c TRANSVESTITE, thats you're opinion that Decora equals trying to hard. I find the Decora style to be very comforting.

just as you gave your opinion, i just gave mine.

DECORA IS LOVE

Whoah, you gave your opinion

Hardcore.

Did you think I didn't expect you to make a response?

ffsghyanbh

ItsSkinz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:48 pm
DECORA FOR LIFE

...not really...just thought i'd make it clear that even though i hear and appriciate your input...i don't totally agree with your side.....

DECORA IS LOVE
sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:54 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
Goth =/= personality. (Hoping this won't open a can of worms)
You'll be just fine.

thanks for your reassurance.  

ItsSkinz

ffsghyanbh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:08 pm
Decora Kun
DECORA FOR LIFE

...not really...just thought i'd make it clear that even though i hear and appriciate your input...i don't totally agree with your side.....

DECORA IS LOVE
sweatdrop

That was so obvious, I responded in that manner because I knew you wouldn't agree, in the future.

I'm not psychic, this is just a really predictable situation.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:49 am
Well considering fashion is only one of the main branches of goth (the other two generally being music and personality from past experiences) I would say that mixing up your wardrobe a bit shouldn't have any adverse affects.

Overall you really do need to think about what is best for you. If mixing in a few colors with your clothing makes you feel better, than go for it. As for the actual colors to go for, my personal suggestion would be a nice tranquil blue color if you wish to stay a bit mellow. I know a lot of people also like a nice deep rich red color or a royal purple color.

Also it was mentioned earlier, but I would like to underscore the fact that a lot of goth fashions now tend to have accenting in neon colors. I think the most common one I've seen is green, but if you still love your old cloths and just want to mix it up a bit you could try layering some bold colors, or if you feel like you really want to make a more permanent change and have the skill go ahead and sew some bright colors into your old clothing to help spice them up and make them something totally new and yours alone.

As for Doc Tranvestite: Negative and unproductive comments aren't necessary. Please try to keep your comments a bit more PRODUCTIVE and helpful.

Now... what did I do with that squeaky staff? (if you've been in the guild long enough to get that reference, kudos).  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:52 am
I've been a goth for about 4 years now, but i rarely dress goth because i just can't, it's not allowed where i live. It's really whats inside you (your personality, thoughts, beliefs, etc...) that makes you goth. And if you feel depressed around some color you don't have to put it on. you can still use some goth accessories if they don't make you feel depressed.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:02 am
Vampyr Heartagram
I've been a goth for about 4 years now, but i rarely dress goth because i just can't, it's not allowed where i live. It's really whats inside you (your personality, thoughts, beliefs, etc...) that makes you goth. And if you feel depressed around some color you don't have to put it on. you can still use some goth accessories if they don't make you feel depressed.

Where the hell do you live where you're not "allowed" to dress a certain way? Saudi Arabia?  

Sinister Kung Fu

ffsghyanbh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:02 am
Sinister Kung Fu
Vampyr Heartagram

Where the hell do you live where you're not "allowed" to dress a certain way? Saudi Arabia?

According to her profile, she lives in Alexandria, Egypt.

Way to go.
neutral  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:11 am
d o c TRANSVESTITE
Sinister Kung Fu
Vampyr Heartagram

According to her profile, she lives in Alexandria, Egypt.

Way to go.
neutral

Well there you go. Close enough.

Muslim law = gonk  

Sinister Kung Fu

ItsSkinz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:35 am
thanks everyone, thank's for all of your advice.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff