Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
Yeah, so... I just bought Infection. >.< Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyle Hyde

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:55 pm
Yeah, I just bought it.
Don't laugh!
In your opinion, which is better, Infection or Rebirth?
I haven't played Infection yet,
so what awesome things should I expect?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:36 pm
Infection was pretty good. I had a lot of fun with it, but I preferred the battle system in G.U.
Oooh, you can look forward to lots o' data draining fun and corrupted monsters. And the grunties are different, fields are different, etc.
I'd have to say that I think the games were a tie for me. I loved almost all installments to the .hack series. x3

User Image

Sanus Ex Machina

yokaiy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:38 pm
Ditto. XD

Infection was tons of fun, but the battle system can be a pain. Gate hacking -- also a pain. Finding virus cores -- BIGGEST PAIN EVER. It's more of a challenge than Rebirth, but I think the story's a bit more involved. Also, the main character isn't a sadistic manwhore. XD

Overall, the goods and bads of each kinda cancel eachother out. They're both good. :3 Though you're gonna have a helluva time trying to find the rest of the Kite games.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:03 am
lol ditto 2 O.o the first series of .hack is more harder than G.U., it just depends on what kind of games u like. infection some times get annyoning, but rebirth has a way better story line and battle system.but their both good games ^^  

BlehZom

The Ultimate Teddybear

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:14 am
Ditto 3 I loved all the games~<3
There was never a .hack game that i liked more than the other.
Thats just the way i am~<3
Uh...I never really liked the whole gate hacking because of the virus cores...~But finding the virus cores were the biggest pain ever D:
I luff all grunties~<3
The Battle System for G.U. was better than infection-quarantine BUT sometimes G.U. got on my nerves too...like in the forest of pain<.<....which i still haven't beat yet...floor 70 8D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:37 am
i really like both of them but i loved the grunties on infection 3nodding  

Tsukasa5174

550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

Kyle Hyde

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:20 pm
I'm enjoying Infection more than Rebirth at the moment,
but damn.
The camera's annoying.
It's the same mistake the first Kingdom Hearts game did.
Good thing it was updated in G.U.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:03 pm
I loved the camera in the first games!
I miss being able to make them look like ants DX

I tried not to compare the two series, but I think I liked G.U. better because the game-play was smoother.

YesterDaysNews

The Avenger Tarvos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:25 am
Kyle Hyde
Yeah, I just bought it.
Don't laugh!
In your opinion, which is better, Infection or Rebirth?
I haven't played Infection yet,
so what awesome things should I expect?

infection.
all you have to do in G.U. to win is press X.

.Hack//IMOQ takes a lot of strategy and it's pretty time consuming compared to G.U. where all you have to do is tap X and move around a little bit for every fight. Don't get me wrong, Much respect for G.U., it's just that it was way to easy for me.

Goodluck on Skeith smile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:18 am
Despite my love for...me....I'd say that the older 4 were better...Yes, the combat and graphics in GU are better, but the story was more epic, there was actually some strategy involved in deciding what equipment and characters to bring in certain dungeons...and the Phases are more difficult to fight....and Cubia kicks way more a**....and the protagonist isn't a whiney little fake goth/emo b***h.....oops, did I say that outloudPlus, You can Data Drain any monster when you get the protect break...and yes, I like the camera better in the older ones than the newer ones...and don't get me started on how Mistral>Atoli....  

Endranse

8,000 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

Toddler Naruto

650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:52 am
I got .hack//Infection as a Birthday gift this year. I am loving it so far. I have all 8 Ryu Books. Kite is at Level 24. My gameplay time is 50 hours. In the storyline, Kite and BlackRose are going to see this Lydia lady.

.hack//Infection is the first and only .hack videogame I have ever played.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Rebirth > Infection.

The first games were just too frustrating for me. Sure, I love a challenge every now and then, but my god, I've never been so pissed off at a game before. And the fact that you were stuck with a shitty wavemaster for most of a game didn't help. >:[

way to purgatory

Captain

Undead Deadeye

Toddler Naruto

650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:22 pm
Pink Plastic Ninja
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Rebirth > Infection.

The first games were just too frustrating for me. Sure, I love a challenge every now and then, but my god, I've never been so pissed off at a game before. And the fact that you were stuck with a shitty wavemaster for most of a game didn't help. >:[

Kite is a Twin Blade, not a Wavemaster.

Or are you talking about the GU Main Character?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:24 pm
baby naruto 1

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Where did I say that Kite was a wavemaster?

I said you get stuck with a shitty wavemaster for most of one of the games.

way to purgatory

Captain

Undead Deadeye

Toddler Naruto

650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:53 pm
Pink Plastic Ninja
baby naruto 1

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Where did I say that Kite was a wavemaster?

I said you get stuck with a shitty wavemaster for most of one of the games.

@Pink Plastic Ninja: Isn't Kite the main character/character you control for all 4 of the original .hack games?

And isn't Haseo the Main Character/character you control for all 3 .hack//GU games?

@Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff