Welcome to Gaia! ::

Super-Happy-Fun-Time Guild

Back to Guilds

A fun place to make both friends and gold. 

Tags: giveaway, game, gold, contest, free 

Reply Contests, Giveaways, and General Chat
"Happy VD!" (a Valentine's Day thread)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:49 pm
I wasn't here for the V-day event last year; if you were here, what was it like?

Do you think Gaia will have another Valentine's event for this year? If so, what do you think will happen?

Do you have off-Gaia plans for Valentine's Day? If so, whatcha doin'? ^.^

What is your opinion towards Valentine's Day?

===

From what I could gather, last year's event had something to do with kissing other avatars, kinda like throwing water balloons at them (if you were here for the Water Festival this last summer).

I hope they do another event, 'cause I missed last years xD I'm really hoping there'll be either a plot update or a side-plot update involving Timmy and a potential outbreak of some sort, 'cause that'd be awesome =D

I don't have any plans for the 14th that I know of. I think I'll be volunteering part of the day, so that's about as far as planning anything as I've gotten whee

As for my opinion on the holiday, it's mixed. On the one hand, I don't think it's even a real holiday - it's just one more excuse for stores to sell you stuff. On the other hand, my bf got me a flower for our first V-day, and it was the first time I had ever gotten a flower before and so it was super-special to me heart  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:55 pm
I haven't been here for any valentine's event gonk

Yeah, more Timmy-plot would be awesome xd  

Rowdy Roddy Piper

Broken_Wingless

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:00 am
I hope they come up with another valentine day thing. I wasn't here last year either.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:25 pm
I didn't even know gaia has had an event for valentine's day. I certainly hope there's one for this year as well. I don't really have any plans for that day, no GF crying  

Requiem-X3
Crew

Drunken Legacy

Invisible Phantom

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:23 am
VD IS A BAD DISEASE I TELL YOU! lol. Hey sheeer!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:19 am
Hi, Mosh! ^.^ Doing anything for Valentine's Day? =D

Requiem-X3
I didn't even know gaia has had an event for valentine's day. I certainly hope there's one for this year as well. I don't really have any plans for that day, no GF crying
Well, what a guy-friend of mine (who is perpetually single) usually does is ask one of his single female friends out to lunch, like a just-friends date. That way, he really gets the best of both worlds - something to do on V-day, but without all the relationship issues. 3nodding Or you could just get a bunch of friends together and hang out or something ('course, you can do that any time xD)  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Broken_Wingless

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:36 pm
Drunken Mosh Elf
VD IS A BAD DISEASE I TELL YOU! lol. Hey sheeer!

lol. That's what one of my friends said. Now Valentine's Day is just another time where the industry business can rack up some big cash it's scam I tell ya! lol that's kind of true. I still like it though, it's really sweat when you get a valentine from someone.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:07 pm
well. valentines day... my boyfriend is busy. gonk work; and drivers. and... yeah. so we wont be able to do anything until.. the sixth i think he said. o well. sweatdrop

Hope all is well for you and your valentines.  

Keykii

Kinshi914

Durem Explorer

8,450 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:09 pm
The event wasn't too bad actually.

I enjoyed it.

xD

They had some nice corny lines.

You pretty much clicked on an action underneath someones avatar that said Give Valentine or Give a Kiss or Hug, something along those lines and you would see little hearts next to you and the other avatar and a corny line underneath!

I hope they have it again this year.

I'd like to see the same exact thing + some more corny lines.

xDD

I really should make some plans off of Gaia for something special on Valentine's Day.

3nodding

I like Valentine's Day, it's the only day I can get away with corny lines.

>D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:14 pm
Hello, Guild members. I recently joined, and by the looks of it.. I may enjoy it here.  

Ravenous Nightmare

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:11 pm
Kinshi - Aww, the event sounds like it was fun xD

Venomous - Good to hear it 3nodding Are you doing anything for Valentine's?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:05 pm
i hate valentines day -_-

(it's hard to think romance when you've been raped on said holiday)

a lot  

nox erebus

Broken_Wingless

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:34 pm
split in two. V Day is still a scam I tellya! See they just put a sale in Wal Mart and I like bought 5 bags of the jumbo chocolate milkyway and hershey bars.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:51 pm
Broken_Wingless
split in two. V Day is still a scam I tellya! See they just put a sale in Wal Mart and I like bought 5 bags of the jumbo chocolate milkyway and hershey bars.
...I'll split the Hersheys with you xD

[/chocoholic]

Well, my day ended up halfway sucking. I had to go volunteer for a few hours (they had me stamping and collating things, mostly), then I missed the bus by bare seconds to come home, plus I was supposed to get a call-back about my job interview by this morning "at the latest", and I still haven't gotten word one about it, and it's night-time now.

But on the bright side, my bf cooked us swedish meatballs for dinner ^.^  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Contests, Giveaways, and General Chat

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers