Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:47 pm
With the game fully leaked, there's no need for you to follow and spam the updates here anymore. The only use of the updates site at this point is to see specific features/items that are kind of overshadowed by the youtube videos.

Tons of information will go here including full rosters, final smashes, and gameplay crap.

feel free to discuss, and keep it in THIS THREAD ((AKA Don't make more brawl threads god dammit))  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:53 pm
I can't wait to use Ike, wolf, and the slightly new ganondwarf. Marth is my best character, so he will be great to use too.  

Deathguiser

Bug Catcher Geno

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:02 pm
I want to be King Dedede.
xD

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:07 pm
His final smash is weird yet likeable, lol  

Deathguiser

Harrison Richardson

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:14 pm
Some people say that final smashes are cheap. I sorta agree. On one video, I saw a final smash change the whole match into Captain Olimar's favor. I think some suck though.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:17 pm
Well then the same has to go for items like pokeballs. Or invinvibility stars. ir guant mushrooms. How msany team have you been winning until your opponent gets a legendary pokemon, because invunerable, or because twice his size? Its all still fun though, right?  

Deathguiser

Kunx990

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:22 pm
User Image
I was bored

Till your in completive play which is about skill mostly.
So I got this D: User Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:25 pm
Deathguiser
Well then the same has to go for items like pokeballs. Or invinvibility stars. ir guant mushrooms. How msany team have you been winning until your opponent gets a legendary pokemon, because invunerable, or because twice his size? Its all still fun though, right?
Outside of a competitive setting, the random craziness is what the game is all about. Who wants to see Fox fight Wolf 1-on-1 when you could watch Fox fight Wolf with a lightsab-I mean beam sword? Nintendo decided that if they were going to make a fighting game, it didn't have to make sense, it just had to be awesome.

Now that they added a story to the kooky wierdness, I can't wait for boss fights!  

Tyhoon

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:43 pm
Final boss of SSE is named "Taboo" and he is pretty much a super powered wire frame... ((or looks like it)) some guy beat him on easy pretty easily as lucario, but another video shows 2 people playing co op and getting to use every character in the game vs. the final boss.

Oh, spoilers.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:55 pm
Yeah the final smashes aren't any different then items and they just add more to the craziness.

The only thing is that some FSs are totally over powered and some are just crap. Link

I don't understand Falco's, his ship just comes down and flies back up... you have to jump on it to be KO'd.

Link's can KO someone at 0% while Meta Knight can do like 40% damage...

edit: But I think it's because meta knight's hits everyone on the field.  

Pay Per Cuts

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:00 pm
Pay Per Cuts
Yeah the final smashes aren't any different then items and they just add more to the craziness.

The only thing is that some FSs are totally over powered and some are just crap. Link

I don't understand Falco's, his ship just comes down and flies back up... you have to jump on it to be KO'd.

Link's can KO someone at 0% while Meta Knight can do like 40% damage...

Someof them were completely useless while others were amazingly powerful. link, ike, marth, fox, wolf all had pretty good ones. Diddy kong, ness, lucas, jigglypuff all had pretty lame useless ones.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:10 pm
I'd say they're all pretty useful for varying situations (in theory, on a small stage like that with 4 people, being pushed aside by jigglypuff could be deadly). Also, I don't think the video maker did diddy kong right, I recall the update saying he can fire his guns during it?

Also, PPC - the video creator was merely showing that falco's landmaster can jump really high, and that wolf's can barrel roll... since that's all the originality the creators could come up with. All three of them can shoot and whatnot

Overall though... I'd say that bowser, ganondorf, olimar, samus, and sonic have the best ((this is taking into account being in any battle type, while the ones that deathguiser mentioned as powerful are great for hitting 1 person, in a 4 person game they may not be as useful))  

nitnit
Captain

Harrison Richardson

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:20 pm
Sonic's and Pika's were simular. Pika can go through walls though. Olimar can really kick your a** with his. Almost every one on the field dies. I wasn't expecting Jigglypuff's to be that though. If it was ultimate rollout then I waould be happy. Ness's and Lucas's could be put to work if you hit them into the falling stars. Make good damage. Diddy kong is good to attack without being hit. I would laugh if someone just stood there while they were pushed by a giant Jigglypuff.

(Just pointing out obvious facts here.)  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:33 pm
User Image
I was bored

Fox, Falco, and Wolf only share the same FS and universe other then that they are not clones thank god.
So I got this D: User Image

Kunx990

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:33 pm
They have the same attacks I believe....  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff