Submit

Remember to add a poll

View Results

M 0 R P H l N E

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:29 pm
omfg.
what the hell  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:36 pm
meh, I've always felt that 'emo' is just a style and doesn't really have anything to do with how depressed someone is. Also, I personally know a lot of kids that dress that way and are super happy and don't cut. They just like the style.
:3  

Sh1ver

frail_wretched

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:44 pm
The only things theyve done thats annoyed me the most is produce a culture of copycats who have ruined the alternative "scene" theyve sh*t all over every great band who built up the reputation of alternative music, and made it into a fashion label. Materialistic, mainstream BS...it'll pass i hope.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:16 pm
Uhm the long sleeves things only works if they like 90% of the time wear long sleeves /bracelets/gloves/something to cover.
I have fat arms so I like long sleeves Dx

The dark clothing thing is just a fad for now. Tanned people don't like wearing light clothings? (Well I don't >.<)

And emo kids are just... a little immature because they start cutting themselves and committing suicide over things normal people get over o_o

Hopefully this fad will die soon Dx  

territh^^

Annasay

Dapper Fatcat

8,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:35 pm
Not ALL emo's cut or have suicidal thoughts. I know plenty of emo's, most of them are happy most of the time. Emo doesn't mean being sad all the time. It doesn't mean being rebellious ether. And half of the emo's I know wear neon colors and not a lot of black. I've been called emo many times. I've never cut myself. And I've obviously have never committed suicide. I love my life and I don't plan on it ether. And the reason I wear long sleeves is because I'm always cold. Emotions have been triggered more now than ever before causing people to be suicidal. If childrens' parents payed more attention to their attitude and got them help (such as a therapist) we could prevent almost all of this!

If you would like to help to this cause there is a organization called TWLOHA (to write love on her arms). If you buy a shirt that says that the money goes to them and they help people who harm themselves. It's a wonderful organization.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:44 pm
I was labeled "emo" back in high school/middle school. The reasons for this being that I wore dark clothing, wrote depressing poetry, and had depression/cutting issues.

Well, I'd like to point out two things before I continue.

1) I do still have slight depression, according to my doctor, but I cope with it in more healthy ways. I.E. not hurting myself physically or otherwise.

2) Emo kids and kids with actual issues are not one in the same.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------x

Some people have been put through some unimaginable terrors and tragedies. Things that the rest of humanity couldn't even imagine. This causes them to react in ways that make them appear socially awkward, eccentric, and/or depressed. (Which in most cases like this, is a perfectly natural response.)

However, kids that try to get attention by dressing/acting this way are very annoying.... Especially when they have no real reason to be doing so. (This is where the stories of kids cutting/killing themselves over a boyfriend/girlfriend, getting grounded, losing their ipod, etc. comes into play.)

My point in this reply is that if a child is showing tall-tale signs of being an "emo kid", whether or not they have probable cause, it should be taken seriously. They need to learn healthier ways of coping, and/or getting the attention they need/want.  

Jessicamazing 8D

Calliope Solipsism

Wheezing Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:35 pm
Was this trolling? Someone please tell me this was trolling.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:44 pm
Calliope Solipsism
Was this trolling? Someone please tell me this was trolling.

Agreed.
Either assuming trolling or 'did not do the research'.

Or watches too much Fox News, ha.  

Dhevix

3,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Full closet 200

AngellikClockwork

Tipsy Star

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:57 pm
I feel very offended. I was just told by a stranger that
A) I am a fad follower or a desperate teen
B) Because I am labeled Emo by my attitude, mental health, and dress, that I cut
C) I can't communicate with people other than those also Labeled "Emo"
D) I'm not 'myself' because I like long sleeves, have insomnia, and My friends all have horrible home lives and rely on me to make sure they don't kill themselves.

A bit of a rant, and those are just naggy things that irk me about most people who talk about emo people. but the real annoying thing is. The thread starters signature.... IS AN EMO CHICK

((edit: Scene, i'm sorry, but most stereotypers would consider her emo. So for all you biggots, she's emo. For the rest of us ex-cutters, real emo's, people mistaken as emo's and anyone cool enough to know what Drawn Together is. She's SCENE. sorry for the mistake.))  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:27 pm
I pretty much fit all those except the long sleeves, probably the depression, and I'm pretty sure a little schizophrenia thrown in there too.
Guess what? no cutting.
I just like the style, nothing more.  

Elektro7

Devout Poster

8,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Mark Twain 100

M 0 R P H l N E

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:04 pm
i wrote that when i was like...
13 i think, and i don't even remember lol