Here for the gold!
View Results

londonchick25

1,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:50 am
Hey heart , I was just wondering if anyone had read the OHSHC manga....

I started to read it but it seemed so much like the anime that I stopped sweatdrop .

I was just wondering if it is all the same story line as the anime or different at parts?!?!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:11 pm
most of the stuff from the anime is from the manga just edited a little different as u will find out later
its kinda of disappointing that the anime ended after 26 episodes
but the manga is still going
i perfer the manga over the anime
but they are both really good, worth buying heart heart heart heart  

sakura11591

Sakura_belldandy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:21 am
Both anime and manga are good but the storyline is a tad different.
heart
If only the anime were a bit longer, that would have been interesting.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:45 pm
Ive read the manga and watched the anime, and I love both <3

I dont think that there's a HUGE difference between the two, just a couple of some stuff that doesn't majorly affect the original plotline. The biggest noticeable difference would be at the last couple episodes of the anime as they had to somehow make a different ending since the manga's still running. The anime being short is kinda disappointing but I guess they did a good job for their version of the ending.

I definitely suggest you continue reading the manga so you'll still get your OHSHC serving despite the anime ending and just to find out what's happening 3nodding

beyatreese

Rayone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:05 pm
No, mainly cause I don't like the art style D:  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:15 pm
Thanks! All the opinions and info. helped alot! heart  

londonchick25

1,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Lynor Eclipse

Melodious Celebrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:03 am
I've only read the manga (thanks to my sister). After finishing it (well, to the most current chapter, anyways), I watched the first episode of the anime. I don't think I'll be watching the rest.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:50 pm
Yup! Wonderful stuff that is.  

squeakers_13

5,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Lutecest

Ruthless Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:59 pm
Read all chapters out so far...all 62 or whatever...Love it!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:22 am
I have read the first 4 or 6 volumes. I have not seen much of the anime so I am not sure how similar or how different they are from one another. Either way it is still a good series.  

saphire023

Lynor Eclipse

Melodious Celebrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:46 pm
Ok, so I did end up watching the rest of the anime. It was rather... fluffy.

My favourite episode was the Haruhi in Wonderland ep. It was a lot different from the manga chapter that it drew from, but it was really awesome (unlike the manga, they actually made the episode as part of the storyline, as opposed to some random thing that just is, which is fun too, but in a different way). Whoever wrote the episode really got the characters down; I was so happy to see Tamaki's serious side which is rather lacking in most of the rest of the anime.

The last two episodes were terrible. A lot of the characters went out of character. Where should I start?

First of all, some plot holes:
-Tamaki didn't know that Haruhi wanted to be a lawyer by that point (it was never revealed to him in the anime, only suggested in Haruhi's Wonderland dream), yet he mentions that it's her goal (it's one of the really awesome cute moments between them in the manga when he finds out)
-can't remember her name, but the girl who kept switching up her fave host club members, was fianced to the guy whose family dealt with teacups... ya, in the last episodes of the anime, he showed up... but he was supposed to be away for a year in England... they at least got that right in the Wonderland ep while she was waiting for him to return...

Out of character characters:
Kyoya - there was a short piece in the manga that showed a series of things the characters would never do or say, and one of these was Kyoya saying to Haruhi "You're debt is paid off" (followed by Haruhi going, "Wait a sec... these are things that are never going to happen?!" hee). In the manga, Kyoya is moving towards discovering that he cares about others (he still believes that he's only in it for his own benefit... but I think he'll figure it out in good time... especially considering he spent his entire trip to France searching for Tamaki's mom... and Haruhi's suggested to him that he gets an emotional benefit from being friends with Tamaki).

Tamaki - the last episodes revolve around an event that did happen in the manga, but it happened quite differently. At the end of the event, Tamaki tells Haruhi that "he is himself before he is a Suou". In other words, he isn't going to suck up to his grandmother if it crosses the line of his own values. Also in the manga, one of his main goals in life is to have fun (due to stuff involving his mother). Clearly in the anime they decided to completely change his character.

Haruhi - only realized in recent chapters of the manga that there is a world known as "love". She's been trying to learn more about relationships on all levels (friendships, romance, etc), ever since this one incident where she didn't know how to be a friend to a friend in need.

Tamaki's dad - I'm so sad the anime completely cut out his fun-loving nature. He loves to pull pranks on his son! And having been married to someone he didn't love, I'd expect him to do his best to not let his son make the same mistake. And, it should be noted that the Suou's and the Ootori's are in completely different fields of business (as far as we know). Nowhere in the manga do they appear as rivals.

Kyoya's dad - in the manga was quite proud of Kyoya for being in the Host Club, for making such a club into a respectable thing, and for letting Tamaki take the spotlight. With so many resorts and hospitals, I doubt they'd ever be in a crisis of having to sell their company. Oh, and I doubt he'd want his son marrying a commoner, such as Haruhi, even if she is gifted. He seems to be very traditionalistic, as can be seen in the manga when his daughter pays them a visit after she is married (he tells her that she should be with her husband and shouldn't come and visit them, essentially, that she belongs to her husband's family now, not the Ootori's anymore).

Tamaki's grandmother - as with Kyoya's family's company, why on earth would she be worried about losing her own? The Suou family is one of the most powerful families in the OHSHC world! And besides, she still can't stand how Tamaki came to be - he's still on trial. Marrying him off assures that he becomes the true heir to the family, something that won't be undone easily.

All of the other Host Club members act out of character at some point in the finale of the anime series.

But, enough of my complaints and comparisons. They are two completely different mediums after all, and really can't be compared. I just would have liked for them to keep the characters in character a little better than they did.

Anyways, stuff in the manga that is different from the anime. It's true that it starts out similarly. There's a lot less Renge (she's really only in the main light during the first time we see her, after that she pops up in the background sometimes, and might add a comment or two every now and then). There's a little more Nekozawa (yayness!), but he's pretty much a background character anyways.

The twins... ah, the twins. It starts the same as the anime, but they really develop in the manga. They're starting to become individuals and we really get to know who they are when they are separate. But, they're still together too, so it's that whole "two and one at the same time" thing. I liked how they added the snowy bench imagery in the anime, though I would have liked for them to stick a little closer to the manga when talking about the one babysitter they liked... they kinda missed the point of that flashback in the anime.

Heh, there's a lot more romance. It gets complicated. Plus there's more fleshed out about Tamaki's situation (especially in regards to his mother). And a lot of other stuff. I do recommend the read.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:30 am
Never watched the anime, i read the manga.  

Zion the Marquis of Wen

LoveNotFailMe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:17 pm
I've been looking for the Manga but can't find it!!!Someone help!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:12 am
I AM reading the manga, basically as I type. I was browsing the guild when I saw this thread and was like, JOINING!
After I was to about book 5 I realized that there was an anime, and you're right, it basically IS the manga, which is why Im going to watch the anime AFTER I read it- watch it come to life.
I want them to make a live action version of this manga soo much~!

AshSkylar

Holly Raven

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:00 am

I have watched the anime and read the manga. though the manga isn't done yet. of course, it's more fun watching the characters, erm, move and speak like they do in the anime.xDD >_< but reading its manga is worth it ne?

I agree with Lynor Eclipse about tamaki's dad. he's so hilarious in the manga. plus, when you see him and his ways, you'll know where tamaki got his quirks.xDDD hey is chap71 out?

41: Host Club and Haruhi Suzumiya

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff