Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
How to Keep Others from Messing With My Stuff?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blessed
  are the witches
View Results

claviclebone

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:53 pm
My mother's boyfriend comes over alot and he is very anti wiccan. I'm always hiding my self because he's always going into my sacred space. MY SPACE! Where my altar and everything else is. I have alot of stuff so I have to hide it and I sometimes lose stuff, I can be very forgetful. Also If I tell him not to go there he will start asking questions and if I tell, Crap. Not good.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:37 pm
Honestly.. you shouldn't have to explain it to him. I don't know how old you are, but if It were me (well, bad example, but..) I'd tell him..

Look... We need to talk about boundaries, and personal space. I have my space.. you have yours, which you generally share with Mom. Now, I'm sure you don't want me just walking in on you when you're in the bathroom, showering... or in bed.. doing heaven knows what... Especially if I'm armed with.. I don't know.. a video camera.... So I'm certain you can appreciate the need to respect someone's personal space.

Now... I have my personal space. It is my sanctuary.. my "alone time"... my place to unwind, to think, and to NOT be crowded. If you keep invading my personal space... not only will I be forced to find personal space somewhere else... who knows where, with who knows who around, doing who knows what... but I might have to remind you what it's like to have your personal space invaded.

I'm certain you'd rather know I'm here.. home.. and safe.. rather than out there... somewhere... So, if you'll just let me have my ONE tiny little space where I can curl up into a ball and think By-My-Self.... I'd appreciate it.

But then.. I would have actually said that, while holding a video camera.

If you feel it would be better to drop him some Christian reminders... compare it to nuns and monks having their little cloistered cells where they spent time away from the world, without any outside interference to get 'closer to God'... All is fair in love and war... Know your enemy, and their weaknesses.  

Kitanya_Rose

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:47 pm
If it is possible put a lock on you door that only you have the key to (maybe get your mom's permission first). Otherwise you might try finding an old trunk at a yard sale (or I think they still sell them at Wal-Mart), and putting your stuff inside and locking it. Whenever you need to use your altar, you can take your stuff out and use the top of the trunk to create your altar on. But the rest of the time your things are protected and out of sight.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:33 am
Thank you!  

claviclebone

Arc En Licorne

5,300 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:18 pm
well i would tell him to stay out put a sign up or some thing its none of his bisuness and if he wants in and doesnt understand than thats his fault and if he doesnt like it than to bad coz he aint ur dad or ur mom and ur mom shouldnt be dating some one if he doesnt like her kids. id thell him but im like 13 and my moms youngest daughter so if he dont like me than shes dumping him idk about u  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:08 pm
I have the exact same problem with my gran (i live with my gran), well apart from the fact she isn't anti-wiccan, i guess she just feels uncomfortable about it, and thinks i'm doing bad things. There's no point trying to explain it to her though as she will never understand haha.
Also my brother continues to walk into my room where my altar is and i've found a cup on it twice! gonk It gets me so angry. There's not a lot i can really do as i'm at college all day, and he only visits about once or twice a week on the days i'm at college. I need to invest in a padlock... Hehe!

Little Schnook

150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out