Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
A book alot like the Twilight series? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

beiber_fever69

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:08 pm
do you know any , because I'm on Eclipse and since the "last" book for the series is Breaking Dawn , I wanted to know if there were any books really similar (I know NOTHING can compare to it) to the Twilight series?
I havent read a book since 2nd grade like a 100+ book , and now in 7th grade i've started reading again , just because of Twilight , it's pretty much the only book I seriously can read , can concentrate to.
I like romantic books (preferably like Twilight and Eclipse during the more Edward x Bella parts) but it has to be rated teens , so I can read it at school or at home without being punished/suspended /:
Do you know anything?
that ISNT manga (just because so i can read it at school , it has to be a "book" ]; )
Remember I like romance more than action , but a little action always makes it better. :]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:28 am
*thinks very hard* I never read too much vampire books, but the closest thing I have read to twilight, was the Ugly series. Book one was Uglies, 2 was Pretties, three was Specials, and 4th was Extras, but don't read the 4th, it's horrible.

A little summary,

Takes place in the future, there's new technology, blah blah blah. In this new world/big city, there are 3 different cities, the uglies, the pretties, and the oldies; anyway, the uglies are the youngest and they range from 1 to 16 year old. Kids that turn 16 get an operation where they will be pretty, (plastic surgery). They move to the new city where the pretties live, a life of party, and etc. Then when you turn old, you move to the next city, the oldies.

Tally, main character, is about to turn sixteen, and she can't wait. But Tally's new friend Shay isn't sure she wants to be pretty. She'd rather risk life on the outside. When Shay runs away, Tally learns about a whole new side of the pretty world and it isn't very pretty. The Authorities, specials, offer tally the worst choice she can imagine: find her friend and turn her in, or never get her operation.  

WineChan

there was a silence

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:01 pm
the Twilight series was almost the only books I've ever really really really liked like that.. but there is a manga... it's called hot gimmick.. there's 12 books in the series.. it's kinnda romantic.. my friend who has finished the series before me said it is romantic because the guy who pushed her down the stairs when they were like 5, she went with him...

uummm... a little summary kinnda..

well. the main girl hatsumi... her sister think's she's prego because she's a week late... Hatsumi has to buy her a test.. the guy who pushed hatsumi down the stairs(ryoki) finds the test..and wonders what she's doing with it.. he forces her to become his "slave" and the guy who saved her when Ryoki pushed her down the stairs (azusa) comes back and helps her.. and he becomes her boyfriend, I'm not going to tell you anything about that part.. and her "brother" (adopted brother but hatsumi doesnt know that) falls in love with her..

you can read it if you want... if you read mangas.. but I loved it.. so yeah  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:27 pm
-comments on both the books that were just told-

Uglies- Just finished reading it, the first book was very slow but the second book (Pretties) is WAY better! I recommend as well.

Hot Gimmick- If you like girls that are slaves the whole series, you're going to like it. Its a pretty popular manga, it might just be me who doesn't take a favor to it ^^;;

I don't have one to suggest, Twilight is and will be my all time favorite...plus I mostly read manga x3

EDIT- Manga that I think you will like- B.O.D.Y- Its about a girl who likes a quiet guy in the class, but then she figures out he's a host! She then swears to never fall in love with him, but since its a Shojo of course she's going to fall in love with him xP. The whole story fits around him and her...so much loveydoveyness! you can read it at the link below. Just click on the first chapter and start reading! =D
http://www.onemanga.com/B.O.D.Y./

Another one (if you like vampires) is Vampire Knight.-
http://www.onemanga.com/Vampire_Knight/

Now I'm done xDD  

Dante Demoness

Amethyst Heaven

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:46 pm
Oh, I read Historical Romance novels. They're the best. o.o heart I never got suspended for reading them and I started in middle school, but I always had my mom's permission.
For future reference, Sabrina Jefferies and Gealen Foley are the best. I LOVE the Knight series.
Um, Anyway...I would suggest Hawksong, Snakecharm, Falcondance, and a fourth one I haven't read yet nor know the name of. Hawksong is, so far, my favorite. They are amazing and romantic, but they're mostly full of exquisite imagination.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:20 pm
Oh my goodness, yes you must read Vampire Knight! I've been reading it and it's addicting. Two other series that I would recommend is the manga W Juliet and also the manga Ceres
They don't have vampires but they are wonderful love stories.
W Juliet summary (I'm horrible at these, sorry): a high school girl who acts like a boy meets a new female student who has joined the drama department. She finds out that this new student is indeed a man. He is a dedicated actor who's father disagrees with his choice of career and has given him a deal. He is to prove his acting skills by going through high school as a female. If he succeeds without anyone finding out he can go after his dream of being an actor, but if he is to fail he is to return to the family business. The love story unravels as she tries to hide his secret through the school year till graduation, love blooms in the mist of all the drama.

Ceres (sooo complicated): Aya is a 16 year old who's twin brother is Aki. They go to their 16th birthday thinking it's just another birthday but instead they are given a mummified hand which sets off a different person within Aya and makes mysterious scars and slashes appear on Aki's body. Little did they know that their ancestor's begrudged past was reincarnated within them. Aya is seperated from her brother and struggles to keep herself together and alive as her family tries to destroy her while battling the other persona -Ceres- who lives within her. Two men come into her life: Toya and Yuki (I'm sorry if I got his name wrong. I suck at names) and they help to battle her demons while battling feelings for Aya that are within them. The mysterious Toya who seems to have no memory and works for Aya's family is drawn towards Aya and Aya is drawn even more towards Toya as fate and destiny toy with their lives.

Also I would recommend the book: East. It's a norwegian tale about a polar bear that is a prince and a girl's, Rose, fate being intertwined with his. It's such a romantic epic tale. Oh my goodness, I read it over and over and over xD

Another one that actually has Vampires is Vampire Kisses. It's a series of books. It's a gothic romance and is pretty entertaining. It soothed me during the months that I waited for New Moon and Eclipse razz  

xXNoOnesPrincessXx

WickedSong

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:05 pm
Wuthering Heights would fit your description, but it's a little hard to read. You could still try it, though. Just make sure to get past the first few chapters before you put it down (the first few are really confusing, but then it changes narrators). It doesn't have the descriptions of love or anything (if I remember, the characters never even kiss) but it is a very passionate story and has the coolest quotes ever.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:27 pm
Okay, here I go.

As far as 'Vampire Romance' goes, I've only really read 'Vampire Diaries'. It's a pretty good book, and really romantic. It's about a girl names Elena, who's the prettiest girl at her high school. Then, a new boy named Stefan moves to the school, but seems to not even notice Elena. So, she sets out to make him like her, blah blah blah, Stefan's brother Damon comes to town and they hate eachother, they fight, blah blah blah, Damon wants Elena too, and Stefan actually does love Elena, but she reminds him of a previous love of his who 'died'. I'm not going to go into anymore detail, because I don't want to risk ruining it for you. ^^
Also, I started reading a series called 'Marked'. It's about 'vampyres' too. It's different from Twilight, but there's some romance in it.

Other novels. Most of Jane Austen's novels revolve around romance. You might wanna check her books out. She only wrote six books, but they're all extremely good. Although, they were written in the early nineteenth century, so they may be a little difficult to understand at times. You could give it a try, though.

And...that's all I can think of at the moment. My head feels like it's stuffed with cotton balls, so I'm not thinking to clearly. I tried my best. Hope I helped!

PiiKA x chu

Miss PayPay

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:23 pm
Here's a good suggestion.
Find a Books-a-Million. Or something like it. A HUGE POPULAR BOOK STORE.
Find the Teens section (that's where you would find Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse besides in the Best-Selling section.) There are a TON cool books. Even more Vampire... Werewolf... Witches... if that sort of thing interests you. Especially romance novels.
I read some of Samurai Girl once. Want to finish.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:37 pm
idk  

Fifii

Aqua Anjel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:16 am
We'll I just started reading it, so i don't know the greatness of it yet, but you should read Blue Bloods. It's vampire related. I forget the author right now, but it's pretty good so far.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:58 pm
All of these are good books surprised  

Dante Demoness

Wolves_Witches_and_Love

Anxious Cat

8,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:03 pm
Eternal_Snow_19
Okay, here I go.

As far as 'Vampire Romance' goes, I've only really read 'Vampire Diaries'. It's a pretty good book, and really romantic. It's about a girl names Elena, who's the prettiest girl at her high school. Then, a new boy named Stefan moves to the school, but seems to not even notice Elena. So, she sets out to make him like her, blah blah blah, Stefan's brother Damon comes to town and they hate eachother, they fight, blah blah blah, Damon wants Elena too, and Stefan actually does love Elena, but she reminds him of a previous love of his who 'died'. I'm not going to go into anymore detail, because I don't want to risk ruining it for you. ^^
Also, I started reading a series called 'Marked'. It's about 'vampyres' too. It's different from Twilight, but there's some romance in it.

Other novels. Most of Jane Austen's novels revolve around romance. You might wanna check her books out. She only wrote six books, but they're all extremely good. Although, they were written in the early nineteenth century, so they may be a little difficult to understand at times. You could give it a try, though.

And...that's all I can think of at the moment. My head feels like it's stuffed with cotton balls, so I'm not thinking to clearly. I tried my best. Hope I helped!

YOU HAVE TO READ VAMPIRE DIARIES! its soo good.. I just finished it today.. Omg you have to read it.. Its soo good..

The only other thing i can suggest if anything by Anne Rice.. Such a good author and good books too.. Big books so they will take a bit to read too..

um.. Theres a series called The Southern Vampire Stories.. Really good too..  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:14 pm
Eternal_Snow_19
Okay, here I go.

aw <3 that sounds good!  

beiber_fever69

Emo Rainbow Jellybeans

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:30 pm
You should read the Vampire Kisses series
There are four books- Vampire Kisses, Kissing Coffins, Vampireville, and Dancing with a Vampire.
Also there is a fifth book but its a manga Blood Relatives it is a really good series you should check it out  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff