Welcome to Gaia! ::

The ~TRUE AND OFFICIAL~ Lucky Star Guild [OVA IN SEPTEMBER!?

Back to Guilds

Reply ~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild
Lucky Star License/Dub Discussion. First DVD May 6 Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GeebusKermas
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:05 pm
0ceanBlue
Lucky Star has been licensed by Kadokawa Pictures USA, the same people to license Suzumiya Haruhi.

Kadokawa Pictures USA

I'm highly anticipating seeing how they dub this anime. I've heard that they dubbed Suzumiya Haruhi very well, although I'm a little put off by the fact that they changed the order of the anime. I hope Lucky Star goes off without any problems.

And for those who say that Lucky Star has too many Japanese references and they will probably be omitted from the dub, there are anime [Pani Poni Dash, for example] that have as much, if not more, references than Lucky Star, and they still sell in the US, references intact.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Seeing as the other thread failed miserably [it was ridiculous how off-topic and close to flaming that thread got to], I'm restarting this thread. If you're angered by my prompt wipe of all of your sub vs. dub debates [if they could really be called debates] or close-to-flame wars, make your own thread for it.

This is for the discussion of the license of Lucky Star by Bandai or Madman [or another group if someone will provide me the information] or discussion of the Lucky Star dub only.

To be honest, I don't really expect much discussion until a new trailer or the DVDs are released though.

I am going [to try] to be more stricter this time around to try to avoid flaming or ridiculous arguing.

Sorry if I seem to be abusing my power or if I seem arrogant, but I'm sick of it.

Realize that I will allow discussion about the Lucky Star dub [yes, you can say it sucks or it's great, and you can argue why or why not]. That wasn't the primary reason why I deleted that thread.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:19 pm
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

Hey, it takes a load off my shoulder.

Thanks.

...at least you have influence.

Onicept
Captain

The_Great_Hero

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:14 pm
What do you know, it was deleted. Oh well.

...Wait, does that mean that my post count just went down?

Anyways, time to kick off this thread.

I'm ready for this! Bring it on! Who else is excited?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:54 pm
Excited for the thread or dub?  

Princess Catnip

The_Great_Hero

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:00 pm
The dub, and a little bit for the thread. Rather inherent.

Does my post count go down if a thread is deleted?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:42 am
The_Great_Hero

Don't know. Want to test it?  

00NINE-1
Crew

The_Great_Hero

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:51 pm
SamuraiHuynh
The_Great_Hero

Sure. We should make some utterly useless thread so that we don't disturb the rest of the guild with our testing. I can post in the thread and keep track of my overall posts as well as guild posts and check to see if they go down. I think my overall post count goes down, though, since you can actually read each post that's counted. I'd suppose that losing the ability to read a post also means that you lose the post in statistics.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:16 pm
I'm slightly perturbed by the casting of Wendee Lee as Konata, but it might work out well, it all depends. In either case the fact that I'll soon be able to buy the proper DVDs instead of average quality downloads >.> Also I'd like to thank you for the provision of that link, since it showed me that 'The Girl Who Leapt Through Time' is licensed =D  

TenakuMihara

Onicept
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:34 pm
The_Great_Hero
SamuraiHuynh
The_Great_Hero

Sure. We should make some utterly useless thread so that we don't disturb the rest of the guild with our testing. I can post in the thread and keep track of my overall posts as well as guild posts and check to see if they go down. I think my overall post count goes down, though, since you can actually read each post that's counted. I'd suppose that losing the ability to read a post also means that you lose the post in statistics.
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

I don't think so. I think it keeps it there.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:13 pm
-crosses fingers that the dub isn't too bad-  

Miss Mentis

Lazy Egg

41,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Planetary Technician 150

GeebusKermas
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:28 pm

I'm sure it'll be fine.

Although, I heard somewhere that American voice actors do their lines in different rooms, while some Japanese voice actors in the same room. I realize that there would be problems with doing multiple people dubbing in the same room, but it could possibly make the conversations much more vibrant [lack of a better term].

Anyone have some thoughts/proof on or against it?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:58 pm
The Karas DVDS (I own) have behind the scenes extras and I saw that the voice actors did their parts in separate rooms and at different times. I know that Manga Entertainment =/= Bandai Entertainment so...

I find it funny though because the guy was saying as long as you (the voice actor) don't pronounce Yurine as urine then you're fine. I actually never listen to the dubs since I favor subs. -shrugs-  

00NINE-1
Crew

Miss Mentis

Lazy Egg

41,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Planetary Technician 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:52 pm
I thought all voice actors are in separate rooms not just American?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:34 pm
I just really hope that they dub it neatly and use good voices I would really hate it for the dub to become hated when its such a good show! I pray that this goes well  

Scrumdillyumcious

Onicept
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:59 pm
0ceanBlue

I'm sure it'll be fine.

Although, I heard somewhere that American voice actors do their lines in different rooms, while some Japanese voice actors in the same room. I realize that there would be problems with doing multiple people dubbing in the same room, but it could possibly make the conversations much more vibrant [lack of a better term].

Anyone have some thoughts/proof on or against it?
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

I think it is like this for all countries, not Just America.

Only scenes in which people sing are usually done in the same room:

An example from Negima

As well as background recordings (You know where a lot of people are talking in the background).

I can't really prove what I am gonna day next, but on various commentaries the Japanese voice actors have said they record in one room.

Especially with the steady switch to 5.1 and beyond audio it is easier to have only one per room, as having to redo lines (after the initial recording process) is less common this way.

~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces