Welcome to Gaia! ::

History Huggers

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who do want to live in the past! 

Tags: history, historical 

Reply Main Forum
LET THE CONTEST BEGIN Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:07 pm
THE CONTEST 4UM IS UP AND IT'S TIME 2 ENTER AND WIN

A NEW ROYAL PAWN ITEM  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:49 am
k wut do we have to do?  

adam2626

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:14 am
write a poem  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:43 pm
as what my 2nd in command said but on history
good job on finally get'em ur sthye  

the grey seer
Vice Captain

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:43 pm
i can't wait to read some poems! scream so with the permission of the members of the crew ( Jariah Syn, basically the only one that represents the crew) and of curse our leader Shiro_Kitsune_San i want to offer a second price i will give two roses of any color (winner asks for any desired color) to the winner 3nodding , but only if the crew and Shiro-San (i mostly i ask of her to let me do this) approve this. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:23 am
talk it over with shiro  

the grey seer
Vice Captain

adam2626

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:27 pm
this is my first eva poem it called silas the immortal it based on my avi it more of a story tho

silas was once a beautiful man. he would charm all the women, work to the fullest and be happy about it, and his best skill was being able to use a silver tounge to get out of trouble.one year he went on a journey to find and slay a snow yeti. After his quest had been completed and victorious in procouring the head of the beast, he came to his village to find it had been destroyed. The fires were blazing for miles to come yet for some reason there was no smoke...

seeing this horrific nightmare he bent down on his knees and wept, realizing that all he loved and knew were dead. he began to wander through what was left of his home village. as he walked he heard someone crying out weakly and upon hearing this new hope sprung up inside of him.he wandered around searching to where the voice was coming from and when he found the person calling for help his heart died...
the voice was the voice of his one true love. he asked her what had happened to the village, the citizens, and her and all she could say was"the horse men are here..." and those were her last words.

seeing how everything precious to him was gone. he cried to the heavens yelling  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:52 pm
why do you do this to me?!?!?!

the moon gave him a weapon in exchange for one thing.his beauty.
the weapon he obtained was great and from that point on he went on a quest to kill the four horsemen of the apocalypse.unknowing what would happen...

to be continued

if you want a good end pm for new ideas  

adam2626

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:48 pm
uh wrong place bro post in the contest forums ps it's on histroy not fantasy sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:45 pm
Dang, figures I'd get busy with stuff and miss all this. *sigh*

Although I have to say, you guys do a mavelous job of holding down the fort when I'm not around. Thanks a lot, seriously. *hugs*

I'd also like to ask all the poets to add their styles to their posts. (Like, are you using freestyle, or limericks, or haikus?). I feel that I'll be able to judge much more fairly if I can understand what you're using.

I'm also debating the method of choosing the winner. Being the sole judge myself seems unfair, but I may still pick several finalists to narrow choices.
Other than that, should we do a panel of judges (the crew) or hold a poll with finalists so all of our members can judge? I would go for the poll, but the downside to that is many people just pick an option at random for the money rather than because they like a poem.  

shirofoxes
Captain

Business Gekko

3,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

shirofoxes
Captain

Business Gekko

3,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:48 pm
btw, Adam? Unfortunately you posted in the wrong forum.

And even more unfortunately, I don't think that's poetry. It reads like a very short fanfiction, there's no rhyme or rythm to it. Please don't be offended, it's only constructive critiscm. I give you points for entering and giving it a shot, though ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:15 pm
i take full responsabilty i gave bad info by accident sweatdrop i think were yje only 1s who entered  

the grey seer
Vice Captain

shirofoxes
Captain

Business Gekko

3,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:39 pm
No, it's not your fault. I guess some people don't notice the Contests forum up above the main.

Maybe a link in the first post (to the contest) would clear things up a bit.
I tried to move his post, but I can only move whole threads. Ah well.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:25 pm
srry  

adam2626

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:27 pm
adam go repost some poetry (histroy orented)  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff