Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply *♦*The Writers' Oasis*♦*
Jade Anna's Miscellaneous Writingz Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Like my writingz~?
  Yes! They're awesome!
  They're tolerable.
  I can write better in my sleep.
  My great-grandmother can write better. And she's DEAD!
View Results

Jade Anna

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:48 am
'Ello, peoplesez! heart An-chan here, with writings for you to enjoy! Please feel free to comment and offer constructive criticism.

Question, though. sweatdrop Are fanfictions allowed? 'Cuz, I've written a few and I'd like to post 'em, so I can get more feedback from you guys.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:51 am
Here's a short story that I wrote a while back. It won first place in the contest I wrote it for. Enjoy~! whee

Chtspkrs

“Hurry up…” I mumbled under my breath, my jade eyes glued to the screen of my laptop. Arashi was freezing up again, that three-hundred dollar bucket of bolts. Yeah, I named my computer Arashi. No, I don’t have a problem. Okay, I might have a problem, but it’s not that big of a deal, really.

Where were we before my sanity was questioned? Oh, right. Arashi finished loading during my mental monologue. My homepage was displayed upon the glowing screen. I moved my cursor to the “Favorites” menu and selected “Chat Forum.” Arashi didn’t waste any time in getting there, oddly enough. I guess he was used to finding it from my frequent visits. Shrugging, I glanced at whom was online: watashi_wa_kira_desu, roxy101, and [Purple Ppl Eater]. “Hey, Kira, Roxy, Purple,” I typed, my fingers flying across the keys.

“Hey, Jade,” “sup,” and “Hlelo Jdae” were the immediate responses.

“U still doing that spelling thing?” I asked Purple. I had expected that he would have stopped by then. Apparently, he’d found out that, if the first and last letters of a word were kept where they were and the rest of them were mixed up, most people could still read it, and he’d resolutely decided to attempt it at every opportunity.

“Yes. And I’m not sopnitpg any tmie soon,” Purple replied, boastfully.

“Tell me when u finally give up,” I sighed, exasperated. “How’d ur science test go, Kira?” I asked, mostly to change the subject.

“I failed. Badly. Got a big fat F,” he answered, unenthusiastically.

“lol y don’t u get a tuter?” Roxy laughed at Kira’s expense.

“Like I want some science geek telling me what to do,” Kira griped. “Leave me alone.”

“Now, now,” Purple said, getting between the two. “Sotp fgnitihg oevr nihtnog.”

I grinned. Roxy and Kira were arguing pointlessly, and Purple was mediating, or at least trying to. Life was good when it was normal. Maybe not normal to anybody else, but the pinnacle of normality to us. And so, according to our unwritten code of regularity, it was time for me to jump in. “This time, I agree with Roxy,” I typed. “Ur not gonna pass if u don’t get a tutor, Kira.”

“Fine! Side with the one who can’t even spell tutor! See if I care!” exclaimed Kira. His message was punctuated by a stream of random letters and numbers. He’d probably just hit the keyboard a few times.

“Dno’t klil yuor cmopteur, Kria,” Purple sighed, good-naturedly.

“and i can to spell tuter,” protested Roxy, masterfully contradicting herself.

“Of course you can,” typed Kira, sarcasm practically dripping from every typed letter, “and I can climb Mount Everest, no sweat.”

I was about to get my two cents worth in, but Arashi abruptly decided to get back at me for something I don’t really remember doing. He rudely disconnected me from the Internet, and, in effect, the forum. I growled furiously to show my impatience with the childish laptop computer. He took the hint and hurried to get me back online. Five minutes later, I hastily apologized to the others. “Sorry, guys. Lost connection.”

“No pberlom, Jdae,” Purple replied. “Rxoy and Kria jsut lfet. I was witniag to tlel you bferoe I got off, too.”

“Thanx, Purple,” I typed. “Seeya.”

“Bye.” Purple signed off, leaving me all alone in the chatroom.

I left as well, and went to finish my unbearably huge amount of pre-test cramming before school the next day.

~*-*~

And then, it was morning. The sun cautiously peeked through the window, knowing how I sometimes disliked being roused. I yawned and stretched, sitting up from where I had fallen asleep on top of my textbooks. I gave the clock a tired glance, then went about the business of getting ready for school. Halfway through my morning routine, I realized what the timepiece actually had shown. I glanced back at it, blinked a few times, then studied it more closely to make sure that was actually what I was seeing.

Well, there was no doubt about it. I was late. I put on an extra burst of speed, hurrying through my preparations with renewed vigor. I was not going to lose my perfect attendance record. I grabbed a cold waffle and raced out the door, just barely getting on the bus in time. I relaxed as soon as I was safely behind the folding doors, and began to make my way to my usual seat near the back of the yellow vehicle. My friends were waiting there, two of them arguing whilst the other vainly attempted to keep the peace. You know them as Kira, Roxy, and Purple. “Hey, Kyle, Sarah, Jeremy,” I addressed them, cheerfully.

“Hey, Erin,” “Sup,” and “Hello, Erin,” they replied, like clockwork.

We were friends online and off, and nothing would change that. Life was good when it was normal.  

Jade Anna

Jade Anna

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:59 am
[Reserved]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:00 am
[Reserved]

Jade Anna

Jade Anna

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:02 am
[Reserved]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:06 am
[Reserved]

Jade Anna

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:18 pm
Wow, great story! It was kind of humorous at times, and super-sweet! LOVE it! I can tell why you won the contest. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:37 pm
I like the way you personified the sun towards the end, peeking fearfully into your room. It made a cute picture in my mind =]  

manic mischief

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:04 pm
Yeah, same here! That was really good. biggrin I like your voice.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:17 pm
I like it. It paints a picture in my head. [I know that's not much help constructive critisim-wise]

Just a question, do you have a fanfiction account? 'Cause maybe you could just post a link to it, cause some fics can be long. :]

EDIT:
I actually just typed in yer user name and I'm pretty sure I found you :]
You're good at writing.

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:04 am
Irishroseh
I like it. It paints a picture in my head. [I know that's not much help constructive critisim-wise]

Just a question, do you have a fanfiction account? 'Cause maybe you could just post a link to it, cause some fics can be long. :]

EDIT:
I actually just typed in yer user name and I'm pretty sure I found you :]
You're good at writing.
Cool! I should go check them out then!

By the way, do you think I should write fanfics? A lot of people say: you roleplay, you write stories and poems and stuff, you should write fanfictions!

But, yeah...I don't really want to. I don't know why. I guess it's because I don't think I would do the show/the characters justice LOL...

Anyhow, yeah, before I read the fanfictions I want to make sure it's really you on fanfiction.net....so, An-chan?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:28 am
Yeah, my username's JadeAnna on FFN. I only have one unfinished fanfic for Saiyuki up. 3nodding I'm having trouble deciding where I should go from where I left off, so I haven't updated in forever... sweatdrop  

Jade Anna

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:31 pm
Just because you write doesn't necessarily mean you have to write fanfctions. It's all personal choice.
&&
I have the same problem. I'm so lost on one of my stories
But if you ever figure out where you're going, tell me when you update :]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:02 pm
Yeah, true... I think I will stick to writing short stories and novels and poetry. And roleplaying, of course! (what would I do without roleplaying...?!)  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Jade Anna

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:45 pm
Will do, Irish. 3nodding

eek Without roleplaying, we'd all dissipate into a shower of gold and silver sparkles! Painfully!! domokun  
*♦*The Writers' Oasis*♦*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff