Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply •◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•
What is your favorite book/book series? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Guess Otulissa's favorite book series!
  Artemis Fowl
  Guardians of Ga'hoole
  The Inheritance Trilogy
  The Silverwing Saga
  The City of Ember series
  Harry Potter
  She doesn't have one!
  She hates to read! (me: 0_0)
View Results

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:27 pm
Just answer the above question...and let's stir up some discussions!

biggrin

Some other questions...:

What's your favorite manga series?
Your favorite movie that was based on a book you read/book series you read?
Your least favorite book/book series?
Your favorite author?

You can make up your own questions if you like, and remember, no need to answer every question if you don't want to. These questions are just conversation starters. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:28 pm
Note on poll: If you choose the last option...

Here's what I will say: ...

evil eek eek eek surprised surprised surprised eek eek eek evil

Yeah... I hope NO ONE chooses that option.........  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Blood_Covered_Pheonix

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:56 pm
What's your favorite manga series? I've got three, Rorouni Kenshin, Fullmetal Alchemist, Inuyasha
Your favorite movie that was based on a book you read/book series you read? A series of unfortunate events: The Inhertance Series
Your least favorite book/book series? The tiger rising
Your favorite author? Dean Koontz  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:01 pm
Cool! I don't read much of Fullmetal Alchemist or Inuyasha, but I've seen all the episodes of the anime! And for Inuyasha, I have seen movies 1, 2, and 4... and the Fullmetal Alchemist movie rocked!!!

mrgreen

Okay, sorry for my anime rant...back to reading. biggrin I have never heard of the tiger rising...  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:31 pm
Lett me see...
I don't really have particular favorite books [they're all my favorites] but I do have some favorite authors, namely:
Tamora Pierce
Mercedes Lackey
Diana Wynne Jones

and so far I'm pretty into Linda Buckley-Archer's series The Gideon Trilogy.
:]

And I've been meaning to read Stardust ever since I saw the movie.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:02 am
I saw Stardust! That was good...but I think a bit too classic fairy-tale-ish for my taste. I tend to like more...mixed-up, dark fairy tales LOL. I read Midnight Pearls like...3 years ago but I love it! I still remember it well...yeah...it's a retelling of the Little Mermaid. But there's this HUGE plot twist and the Little Mermaid ends up being so....horrible in a discreet, innocent way. And then she gets everything she wants by the end, and then poor Pearl gives up everything...
But yet Pearl is still happy. She's too...optimistic. sweatdrop  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

DarkDaisuke9

9,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:59 am
What's your favorite manga series? Spiral Suri No Kizuna
Your favorite movie that was based on a book you read/book series you read? The Lord Of The Rings
Your least favorite book/book series? Magyk Series
Your favorite author? Stephanie Meyer  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:52 am
I couldn't possibly decide on a favorite book or series. There's way too many! eek

Favorite manga series- Saiyuki (all three of them), hands down. And, after that, Yami no Matsuei, Gravitation, Death Note, Demon Diary, Angel Sanctuary, and a whole list of at least thirty others. I read manga alot.

Favorite movie that was based on a book you read/book series you read- Eh... The live-action J-Drama for Gokusen? sweatdrop Or, if that doesn't count, probably Around the World in 80 Days.

Least favorite book/book series- Harry Potter. No competition for that one. mad

Favorite authors- Garth Nix, Kazuya Minekura, Vivian Vande Velde, Diana Wynne Jones, Brian Jacques, T. A. Barron, and Cornelia Funke, in no paticular order.  

Jade Anna

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:27 pm
hmm, i'll have to check out Midnight Pearls.

I recently found a Companion Library book that i've had foreverr. On one side it has the Grimm Fairytales [<33] and you flip it over and it has the Anderson Fairytales. I was so happy :]]

okaay, now that that randomness is overr...

Yay, another DWJ personnn! C:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:57 pm
Hehe! Anyways, my favorite manga is Vampire Game by JUDAL!

I love it to shreds.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Jade Anna

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:22 pm
Yup! DWJ=Pure PWNsomeness. :3 I haven't been able to get my hands on a lot of her books, though, 'cuz the local library is really, really small, and I don't have the money or the space to buy them. crying  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:12 pm
What's your favorite manga series? ......
Your favorite movie that was based on a book you read/book series you read? Stardust is first, then Spiderwick (for now) then Harry Potter. Harry Potter's only last because they messed it up so bad.....
Your least favorite book/book series? The Uglies/Pretties/Specials- the first book was great, second not so good, third sucked! I mean I never want to read it again!
Your favorite author? Donita K. Paul, J.K. Rowling, (something) Flanagan  

Jenna Taylor

ElaniTakira

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:17 pm
I voted Artemis Fowl because 1) I skimmed through the question and 2) ...Artemis is hot

Honestly, manga/anime is overrated. No one really likes the hardcore stuff anymore ;O You guys probably haven't heard of these, but: Black Cat, Gantz and HunterxHunter
Holes. That was a great movie/book. Except for that actor--I'd say he was only good in Transformers. His name is something I can never remember XD
InuYasha, Ranma 1/2, Naruto--they're all overrated, with uninteresting plots + uninteresting characters. In my opinion, of course
Harry Potter. As a review said, "Artemis has still got it. Harry better watch out."
Your favorite author?
Orson Scott Card, probably...he really got me interested in Sci-Fi. Eoin Colfer, because Artemis is a really cool series. Butler's great, he really is XD  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:13 pm
mhmm. The bookstores here aren't so well stocked. :/ and the library is even less so. Sadness.
But I did get ahold of The Pinhoe Egg. Is that the most recent of her books? It's quite good, as usual :]]

Didn't Orson Scott Card write Enders Game? Good book :]

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:45 am
ElaniTakira
I voted Artemis Fowl because 1) I skimmed through the question and 2) ...Artemis is hot

Honestly, manga/anime is overrated. No one really likes the hardcore stuff anymore ;O You guys probably haven't heard of these, but: Black Cat, Gantz and HunterxHunter
Holes. That was a great movie/book. Except for that actor--I'd say he was only good in Transformers. His name is something I can never remember XD
InuYasha, Ranma 1/2, Naruto--they're all overrated, with uninteresting plots + uninteresting characters. In my opinion, of course
Harry Potter. As a review said, "Artemis has still got it. Harry better watch out."
Your favorite author?
Orson Scott Card, probably...he really got me interested in Sci-Fi. Eoin Colfer, because Artemis is a really cool series. Butler's great, he really is XD

Eoin Colfer is a great author! I read practically every one of his books! And yes, Artemis IS hot! xD I used to have a crush on him when I first started reading the series...like years ago. XD I still love the books to shreds! My favorite character is Holly Short though. She's just ...awesome!!

Hm...Oh, and I heard they're making an Artemis Fowl movie!!  
•◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff