Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply •◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•
Rant and Rave Thread Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:22 pm
Here is where all of us crazed, obsessed-with-books bookworms can rant, rant, rant and rave, rave, rave about our favorite books!

As short...or as long... let's rant and ramble and rave away!

Don't be shy, don't hold back, and don't be afraid. No one is going to call you a weirdo because we all are. blaugh Yes, I am proud to say that I am a total weirdo.

And, if anyone makes fun of you... twisted They shall be banned!

But, honestly, I doubt anyone here is mean enough to make fun of others, haha...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:53 am
Sweet this should be fun!

Nobody's mean enough huh.... ninja . I'm joking. I'll bet that everyone (save for Bella, and I'm probably the only person she's mean to.) is really nice here!

My favorite book series would have to be Harry Potter I love everything about it! It's simply brilliant! Best series EVER!

My favorite book would have to me Someone Like You it's about this girl (her name's Hallie) who has a best friend (her name's Scarlett) that's really outgoing and individual, the complete opisite of Hallie. Then, one summer Scarlett's boyfriend dies, that year everything changes, Hallie gets her first real boyfriend and Scarlett's pregnat. It's a major chick book but it's really cool. It's really well written and a lot of teenage girls can relate to at least one of the circumstances Hallie and Scarlett face....I sound like a reviewer don't I? I wasn't ranting was I? Let me try this:

HARRY POTTER ROCKS SO LOUDLY AND I'M SO SAD THAT IT'S OVER! crying

SOMEONE LIKE YOU IS AN AWESOME CHICK BOOK!! WHOO!  

ShortyGirl45

Jade Anna

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:07 am
...Wouldn't that be better to put in the "What's your favorite book/book series?" thread? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:00 pm
...Wow. Long rant. Anyways, just to let you know, I do not like Harry Potter. At all. I would like to say I hate it, but I don't want to offend any body.

XD

Don't even ask why. It seems weird considering I LOVE LOVE LOVE fantasy and magic and that sort of thing, but Harry Potter just doesn't appeal to me. At all. And I've read three of the books because some friends convinced me to. But...ugh...those are like the only books I ever regret reading.

Anyhow, let's get back to positive things!!!
biggrin
I just love love love Guardians of Ga'hoole! And Artemis Fowl~ And the Inheritance, DUH! Oh...and I can NOT forget the Silverwing Saga! Griffin rocks! biggrin Ooh...ooh the Phantom of the Opera made me cry! But...The Mill on the Floss made me cry more! Yup, good ol' classics!!~  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:20 pm
I hate the Harry Potter movies [does that count as ranting for favorite books?] And he just got too.. weird. But I do like the complicated-ness of the plot, and I'm a fanfic addict for Lily and James.

okaay, since I think i'm offtopic, i'll stop now.

oh, ps. should this topic be rant or rave? 'Cause generally a rant is about something you don't like.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:36 pm
Honestly, Otu-chan, I have to agree with you on the Harry Potter thing. No one take this the wrong way, but it's overrated. A lot. There are so many things that didn't have to happen. People, magical creatures, and birds dying completely pointless deaths for the sake of a pity-fest, for example. And, so many things that just annoyed me. Ginny. I rest my case. rolleyes

....I like to rant. Raving, not so much. sweatdrop  

Jade Anna

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:51 am
I should change it to rant AND rave. xD I do both.

OH MY GLAUX! I just love love love Otulissa from Guardians of Ga'hoole to shreds! She's a spotted owl, scientific name: strix occidentalis! YAY YAY YAY! She's my IDOL!!

She's great becuase:
~she's soooooo smart!
~she's like me in many ways
~she's sooooooo beautiful
~she has an awesome attitude biggrin
~she's a great warrior!!!
~she's just unbelievably smart!!!
~she makes a GREAT tactician
~she and Prince Cleve are together YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! (okay...that was random XD)
~her favorite words are also my favorite words!!!!!!! like 'ostentatious,' 'tawdry,' and 'gaudy'...and others
~she's SO INTELLIGENT
~she loves reading...and writing...and stuff!!!
~she just rocks OUT LOUD
~she's smart!!!!!!!!
~did I mention she's smart?!!

Yeah. XD And a lot more stuff.

NOW! onto the Silverwing Saga.

I love Shade, but he annoys me sometimes. XD He's a bit naive. But Marina is awesome! YAY for girl power! Or bat power. XD Or whatever....
Anyhow, in the Firewing book. Griffin and Luna were awesome! Well, mainly Griffin....but Goth in the Ubderworld was soooooooooooooooooooo cool!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:56 pm
Okay, so Inheritance rules. But what makes me mad is that when the movie came out for Eragon, they made a new book, with the movie cover, to help promote the movie.

Look, the movie and the games that come out are enough. Don't change the book too! That is not really getting people to enjoy the book because they want to, it's getting them to enjoy it cause they see that it's like the movie!
If people really were interested in reading the book, they can read it quite fine with the original cover...and without pictures from the movie in the middle of the story...  

XxStaraxX

XxStaraxX

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:59 pm
Anyone read City of Bones?

I thought it was awesome...but it makes me so MAD what had to happen to Clary and Jace...

I am a Clary/Jace advocate...I just hope that it's not really true and they can still have a chance.

(Tried not to use any spoilers)  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:17 pm
I hated the Eragon movie! They skipped all the parts I was looking forward to seeing...not to mention characters! sad

And, no, I haven't read City of Bones. Is it good?  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:32 pm
Ughh! I was waay past hating Eragon and ready to murder the director. [just kiiding, sort of. stare ]

I love how you said 'oh my Glaux'. reminds me of good times :]

For the Guardians of Ga'Hoole, [I'm still not sure how to pronounce it C: ] It brought me and my sister/best friend together. The story long and complicated and it involved a car ride, but yeah, that series, even though I've stopped reading it, was basically the best thing to happen for us. :]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:46 pm
Jade Anna
...Wouldn't that be better to put in the "What's your favorite book/book series?" thread? sweatdrop

....yes...good point... sweatdrop redface sweatdrop  

ShortyGirl45

XxStaraxX

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:59 pm
Yes, it is very good.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:44 pm
Kinda off topic-ishh
A quote about the Eragon movie

Quote:
The film performed poorly at the US Box Office, so it is unknown at this time whether the adaptations of books 2-4 will occur.

Spoiler-ish Alert

I hope they don't. :/  

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:55 am
Irishroseh
Ughh! I was waay past hating Eragon and ready to murder the director. [just kiiding, sort of. stare ]

I love how you said 'oh my Glaux'. reminds me of good times :]

For the Guardians of Ga'Hoole, [I'm still not sure how to pronounce it C: ] It brought me and my sister/best friend together. The story long and complicated and it involved a car ride, but yeah, that series, even though I've stopped reading it, was basically the best thing to happen for us. :]

Aw... smile That's so sweet. I speak in the Ga'hoolian language, and even know Jouzhen and Krakish. XD I am too obsessed. Ga'hoole rocks out loud... and sometimes I find myself saying in school, "I can feel it in my gizzard!" And then teachers and kids look at me funny. XD Then I explain, "I wish I had a gizzard. Yarping is so much more sanitary than the human way of waste disposal." They just give me weirder looks. sweatdrop  
•◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff