Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)
[DISCUSSION] healing techniques

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:16 pm
This thread is devoted to different ways of healing (besides professional medical ways... i don't teach surgery, lol)

Well, of course there are spells, and I'll add some, and there's herbs, I'll touch on that, but there is another thread in the academy for healing herbs. there's also other ways healing, which I'll talk about too.

okay, pretty much i will list different healing methods, and touch on them what they are, and go back and explain in greater depth about them.

k, i'm a really bad teacher-person... sooooo... gimme a few more weeks and i'll have the stuff up
k im a horrible teacher person. sorry. i will add more, though. (and everyone feel free to add your own.)  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:24 pm
I am actually going to school for Massage Therapy. It's amazing how many things that something as simple as touch can help/fix. Many people think of massage as simply a way to relax, but for the majority of practitioners we see it as a way to help bring the body back into homeostasis so that it may begin to heal itself without the outside help of narcotics and surgery and such.

One type of massage that was developed solely for helping the immune system is Lymphatic Drainage Massage. It helps natural circulation of lymph through the body. It helps greatly with immune disorders. A lot of times when your lymph nodes are swollen and you are sick, a 30 minute LDM may completely rid you of your sickness.

The list of helpful massage techniques is extensive and is probably something (once I'm done with my training and have a very good grasp of) that I would have to create my own topic about to really create an understanding of the depth of the practice.

I also plan on delving into Reiki and Chakra Balancing, but I don't know too much about either.  

Ijivirus

Sparkly Hunter

5,800 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:39 pm
arrow reiki

i'll start with simple things and progress from there.

Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. Basically, you use your hands to heal. It was created by Mikao Usui. Reiki teachings state that there is a universal "life force" energy, which can be accessed by practitioners to induce a healing effect. It is claimed by believers that anyone can gain access to this energy by means of an attunement process carried out by a Reiki Master.
And you can't be attuned over the web, so if you want to seriously start practicing reiki, you'd best find a reiki master that lives nearby.
Side note: I am not a reiki master but i am learned.
There are 3 degrees, one being starting, two being between starting and a master, and the third degree being mastery.

Edit: Okay, i guess you can be attuned over the web but really in my opinion, and my grandmother's and her daughter's (who is a reiki master), it's better to get your attunements in person.

You can perform reiki on another person, and yourself. (but i'm not meaning at the same time sweatdrop ).  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:31 am
There is some debate on distance attunements. I think in general it is best to get your main attunements (the ones for each level) directly from a Reiki Master Teacher, however distance Reiki (what you learn at level 2) is valid and there is no reason why you can't get "tune up" attunements this way. Over the years I am slowly forming the opinion that you can get all your attunements this way, but still will always recommend "in person" first.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:56 pm
arrow Spells and such

Really simple ones:
This one, I've seen in a lot of places, so I guess it's okay.
Healing moon lead your power,
bring me peace this very hour
I call upon your strength and might
bless your child this secret night
----

I'm not sure of where it's from.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:21 pm
Hmm... I have learned a couple healing spells from books in the past.

First. to relieve a burn, sting, scald, or rash. Place your non-dominent hand over the infected area and chant:
"Three ladies came from the east, One with fire, Two with frost."
Take a breath
"OUT with the fire! IN with the FROST!!" As you say this, use your hand to fling away the pain.

Next, to help with a simple headache, press your thumb against the roof of your mouth. Thats all! :]

Now, the big stuff! To heal wounds"
Calm yourself. Hold your dominent hand over the infected area until you achieve focused concentration and related magical flow. Your hand should grow warm from the magical energy. Rock rhythmically, caress the hurt persons (or your) check or forehead, and whisper the following healing charm called the Bonset spell:
This is the spell that I indone.
Flesh to Flesh, and Bone to Bone.
Sinew to Sinew, and Vein to Vein.
And (insert injured person's name) is made
Whole Again!
Make sure you pronounce the last word again, so that it rhymes with vein. If you intone this many times, the healing process will go faster.

Well, thats some things I know! I hope it helps you... Happy Casting! :]  

Devil_Heart_Cry

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm
Can you guys recommend any good sources on Reiki? Like where to read up on it more in-depth.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:14 am
International Center for Reiki Training is a great resource.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:20 pm
Thanks Sweet!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:48 am
I just touch the place on my body that hurt and put my hand there. I let the energy flow and then the pain is gone.  

Koigokoro Konjou

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:04 pm
Tenrai Kado
I just touch the place on my body that hurt and put my hand there. I let the energy flow and then the pain is gone.

Cool. How long did it take you to learn how to do that?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:52 pm
Tenrai Kado

Hey that's kind of what I do, except I usually absorb the sickness or pain. Even after I release it into the earth I feel sick for a while.  

Unusual Inescapable Me

*~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff