Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Demon Dispelling? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Devil_Heart_Cry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:10 pm
I was watching a show recently where a boy was "possesed" by a demon, and had to get an exorcism. I was wondering, can Wiccans perform acts to remove spirits like Christians do with their exorcisms? I know that there are "evil spirits", and that they should not be called into a witche's circle, but I wanted to know what a Wiccan can do to dispose of a demon if one invades them or someone else.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:50 pm
YES,

"the use of prayers or religious rituals to drive out evil spirits believed to be possessing a person or place"exorsisims can be done by any faith, its magic.

i have heard of useing burning sage to ward off bad spirits from home aand such.  

The gypsy Queen

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:16 pm
The gypsy Queen
YES,

"the use of prayers or religious rituals to drive out evil spirits believed to be possessing a person or place"exorsisims can be done by any faith, its magic.

i have heard of useing burning sage to ward off bad spirits from home aand such.

yea, i've heard burning sage or sweeping (not like the type that's done to get all the dirt out but mostly symbolic) for spring cleaning wards off and gets rid of bad spirits  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:31 pm
I don't believe in demons =_= I think they are just somethin made up by Christians to scare little kids in to behaving. I do, however, believe in malevolent spirits.  

Tari_Leralonde

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:16 pm
sage, salt, sandal wood, blessed water all of these can ward away negative spirits but if there is one attached to someone or something the same things can be used along with chants like "dark spirits be gone! our purifying light banishes you!" or something to that effect.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:23 pm
Sometimes simply asking the entity to leave is enough, however when that fails there are herbs, incense, spells, banishing rituals, crystals...you name it that can be used.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:45 pm
that does work well but odds are if its attached to you or a speciffic local just asking it to leave wont always work.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:48 pm
I did think about using incense to get rid of the spirits, using chants too. Its just that spirits fasinate me, and I wonder if possesions like the ones you see on tv really do happen.  

Devil_Heart_Cry

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:38 pm
perhaps but i think a lot of it is played up for the camera.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:31 pm
Beatrice_McDumples
I did think about using incense to get rid of the spirits, using chants too. Its just that spirits fasinate me, and I wonder if possesions like the ones you see on tv really do happen.

tv=entertanment.
entertainment=fake.

rules of life, it seems. has been this way even before the tv, when it was just
entertainment=fake.  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

The gypsy Queen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:00 am
xXx kitsy xXx
Beatrice_McDumples

tv=entertanment.
entertainment=fake.

entertainment=fake.

ya, sad but true fact. i hate hearing, "thats how they did it on that one show..." lol.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:38 pm
The gypsy Queen
xXx kitsy xXx
Beatrice_McDumples

tv=entertanment.
entertainment=fake.

entertainment=fake.

ya, sad but true fact. i hate hearing, "thats how they did it on that one show..." lol.

it is sad but whats not on tv now a days?  

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:46 pm
WitchyBoy
The gypsy Queen
xXx kitsy xXx
Beatrice_McDumples

tv=entertanment.
entertainment=fake.

entertainment=fake.

it is sad but whats not on tv now a days?

what's not?
decent people with a sense of shame.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:52 am
yeah, tv does "overdo" a lot of things. sweatdrop I wish they would do a program on real wicca, and tell the truth about everything... but that probably wont happen.  

Devil_Heart_Cry

PhoenixMoonStar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:41 am
This is why my TV is used for playing video games and watching anime... and the occasional movie.

I boycott cable. I really -really- boycott 'reality' TV.

To quote a wise man: "I reject your reality, and substitute my own".  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games