Reply Super Smash Bros. Guild
Sakurai confirms there will be no DLC for brawl

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mana Spirit Luna

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:03 pm
IGN recently interviewed Sakurai and asked him oif there would be any DLC (Downloadable Content) for brawl. here's the justof the interview

-----------------------------------
In a recent interview, Sakurai has confirmed that no extra character will be obtainable via WiiConnect24 or other means. He even states that he doesn't think it's even possible on the Wii itself. Sakurai also mentions that no other third party companies approcahed him at all for characters.

IGN: We have to ask because there are so many rumors about this. Are there any hidden characters to come? Can you unlock more hidden fighters by way of WiiConnect24 or will you offer new downloadable content -- new fighters, for example. -- using the service?

Masahiro Sakurai: No. There are no characters that can be unlocked via connecting to WiiConnect24 or interacting in that fashion. And I may be mistaken here, but the Wii doesn't have a hard drive -- it's a disc-based system -- so I don't think we'll be doing that, I don't think it's going to happen.
-------------------------------------

so as you can see, Brawls roster will remain sucky unfortunitly, looks like brawl only online content will be online play.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:20 pm
xp How retarded.  

General Lea

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150

Lanara

Thirteenth Husband

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:31 pm
dang.... xp  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:10 am
AT LEAST SONIC IS IN IT. SONICS MAH NAME SPEEDS MAH GAME U KNOW WHAT I MEAN ?!?!?!

SBT Edit: Reduced size to not stretch page.  

DJ XIII

5,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150

areo5000

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:31 pm
Fragile Eagle
AT LEAST SONIC IS IN IT. SONICS MAH NAME SPEEDS MAH GAME U KNOW WHAT I MEAN ?!?!?!

SBT Edit: Reduced size to not stretch page.

thats what he says when you do his up taunt
and he says your to slow for side taunt  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:40 pm
The current roster is hardly sucky, and from what I've seen it's pretty balanced for a nice change.  

nitnit

Hoboerik

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:44 am
I don't know, I've been thinking it over, and the Wii could probably have some type of downlaodable content. Like an expansion on the virtual console, only you'd need your game disc still.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:53 am
General Lea
xp How retarded.
”Sometimes I wish I was a lesbian.”

User Image
User Image

----------------------------------

Wha? How so?

Like Sakurai stated that he doesn't even think it's possible to have downloadable content for a Wii game.

----------------------------------

User Image
User Image

”You’re so great. I love you.”

Captain S McBobble

Kaptain-J

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:04 pm
Sucky? Retarded? Hardly. The roster is much better than that of previous titles. It has 35 characters, what more do you people want? In any case, you can get stages, snapshots, and replays via wifi.  
Super Smash Bros. Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games