Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:31 pm
The attractive young woman looked disturbed, faced with all these important people. As she well should, Aurelius thought darkly, with a smile of sick pleasure hidden behind one hand. Half the Board of Directors was dead, and by her hand. Her face took on a solemn frown as she listened to the nurse- "We have a great history of helping the mentally disturbed"- ramble on. She had a look of calm serenity on her face. None of the others here- no, not even Edward Gavin and his 'adopted' son- could possibly comprehend her purpose in coming here.

No, it wasn't mere politics... In the small part of her mind that she never preoccupied with her power plays, she wondered what the Illusionary Victor and his mother were doing there. But she didn't care.

"I'm Anna, Anna Andres. I'll be your guide today," the nervous young lady said. She wrung her hands. "We'll start our tour in the wing where we keep some of our stranger cases, and work through the violent ones back to the tamer places. You can choose to stay where ever another nurse will have you."  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:42 pm
The entire thing was little more than a power struggle. 'Helping the mentally disturbed.' A noteworthy cause in the eye of the public in which both parties had strived to make great advances in. The opinion of the many underpriveleged was what made it so that these patrons could live and be privelege. But that was fate's lot, wasn't it? If the public were not poor and disrupted, who would be left to influence the way the public should reside?

Edward Gavin was particularly shrewd in the symbiotic power struggle of the rich and poor, and had come to this place to obtain even greater favor. What better way to sway a public concensus than to support their troubled rabble, especially the rabble that was cheap to accomodate. A smile played upon his features as he followed the nurse, his charge close behind in his wake. The boy knew better than to stray.

Not everyone here was so hungry for power though. Josie had come to the asylum seeking knowledge, bot hfor herself and her child. As they passed on through the unsettling, sterile enviroment, she would stop momentarily and say something only the child could yet hear. He would have to learn of the world at a very tender age, and that age had already snuck upon him like a silent wraith of time. Even but a toddler, his sapphire blue optics roamed the features of the inmates, assessing them as they passed.

Reseil Mesai

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:33 pm
Anna's uncle Gustav had warned her about Edward Gavin. Understandably, she hovered near Aure, who walked sedately ahead of the group. She stopped outside a door of a private room. "This resident is one of our more successful stories. She used to be incredibly violent, attacking anyone who came near her- she's fairly calm now, even without substantial sedation." The young nurse proceeded to give details of the woman inside the door's case, but Aure had none of it and opened the door.

Flustered, the nurse said, "Jezebel, visitors!" But the albino woman inside had already noticed them, wide and unnervingly red eyes focused on the group. "Go on inside," Anna said, standing aside with an air of defeat.

"You... I don't... I..." She seemed to be struggling to put her thoughts together. "I'm not..." Her fingers twisted themselves into the white bedsheet as she watched them warily. Even the toddler seemed to make her wary; she scrambled to get away from them finally, her mind connecting with the rest of her body. "He's hurting you," Jezebel insisted shrilly.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:41 pm
The woman's concerns were not unfounded. A sinister grin formed as Edward looked towards his charge and placed a strong hand on his shoulder. "Well boy, she looks to be your type. Why don't you go say hello?" And with nothing more, he roughly shoved Klaus before the woman, leaving him secluded and vulnerable in Jezebel's prescense. The man had been discreet enough that the shove had been concealed from the other's eyes, but he could not supress a soft snigger as he watched the sickly teen try to recover.

Klaus could feel his heart pounding as he realized what had happened. The soft grey eyes slowly came to meet Jezebel's, fear welled within them. What would the woman do to some one who had been thrust so hastily at her? Under the prospect of his father's mockery. He gently ran his fingertips over his shoulder, hugging himself in a sort of defensive stance as he fought the urge to run.

The Arrikanez of the group simply observed. Josie would recover the boy if need be, but she decided to allow the opportunity progress before stepping in. After all, this could be rather interesting.

Reseil Mesai

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:09 pm
She didn't react at all violently. Instead, Jezebel wrapped her arms around Klaus's shoulder. The virulent red turned to black and she rested her cheek against the top of his head. "Why do you let him hurt you?" Her fingers brushed through his hair and she cried a little. Not much, but enough that it was noticable. "I'll keep you safe," she said, so softly only he could hear.

Aurelius watched Edward with concealed interest. Klaus didn't interest her at all, he seemed like a weak-willed fool. And the insane woman simply didn't even attract her attention. But Edward, he did. Rather than showing it, she turned to Victor. "Hello, little one. You've grown since I saw you last."  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:02 pm
Klaus gently ran his hand up to meet the one on his shoulder. It was warm, soft, so unlike his father's. The boy only smiled as the tear trickled into his ash blonde tresses. "I'm not hurt...Thank you." Or was he in denial? The fine garments concealed his thin figure, a simple illusion to hide his father's doing. The man had been clever enough in covering his trail that few suspected more than Klaus simply being an unhealthy burden.

Victor was not so though. While thin, the boy was quite well enough off and attentive to his surroundings. As he was addressed, he gave a nod of acknowledgment to his older peer. "`Lo..." The childish limitations to a developing vocabulary. Aure would have to understand his effort to seem eloquent, even with the small emanation, wouldn't she? Victor averted his gaze and inclined his head, mulling over the matter.

Reseil Mesai

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:37 pm
"You are," she insisted mournfully. More ignored tears trickled over the bridge of her nose and into his hair. No one ever believed her, but she knew what she was talking about. Unwilling to let go, she hugged him close to her body and sent a hateful glance Edward's way. "Stay here with me." It wasn't a request. Her grip tightened; enough to twinge a little, even in Klaus's weak state. "I won't let you hurt."

She quirked an eyebrow at Victor. "What are you and your mother doing here?" Of course she was aware of the discreet shots of the paparazzi- Klaus with the insane woman, Aure kneeling to be on eye-level with Victor- and she wasn't sure she didn't approve of them thinking she was conversing with an insane child. Press was good.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:57 pm
Klaus could feel the glare of the flashbulbs. The press would have a field day with this, that was certain. His father didn't mind though. Edward had always enjoyed making himself look more noble to the people by exploiting his sickly, fragile, and now probably insane son - or so the press would say. Klaus ignored them as he gently tugged away from Jezebel. So the others couldn't hear, he whispered, "I can't stay here. My father will take me back with him, at all cost. It's better for me to go than to see you harmed, or cause a scandal." A scandal that would destroy the reputation of Jezebel's home, not his father. His father had always been good at twisting situations around, like a venomous snake when cornered.

He looked back towards her and hugged his stuffed rabbit a little closer. He hadn't been very old when he first met Aure, so he wasn't sure what to think now. She was very pretty and quiet, if a bit showy. The easiest thing was done and he decided he liked her, for now. In reply to her question, he ran his hand through his hair. "We are learning..."

Reseil Mesai

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:11 pm
She clutched his wrist. "Stay for a little while? Please." How badly she wanted to save him! If only she could kill that hateful man right where he stood. But that's not what was going to happen. Klaus- she knew his name, she knew everyone's name, and couldn't remember if he'd told her or she'd heard it from the many futures- had to deal with it himself. It hurt her inside, just under her breastbone, to know that he had to deal with it himself. "I am..." For a moment, her own name evaded her. She'd have a new one in a few years anyway. "...Jezebel." With wide, innocent eyes she said, "I am not exalted."

Aure could have laughed at Jezebel, but she didn't. "What are you learning, little one?"  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:15 pm
Klaus turned to look at his father. The man had turned to one of the press and was telling of his stature, gaining publicity. He wouldn't notice Klaus for another few moments at least. Klaus turned back to Jezebel and bowed slightly to her before coming back to himself. Poor girl, he could sense she had no easy life herself. This place couldn't be good for anyone's mental wellbeing. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Jezebel. Thank you."

Victor seemed to work out the word before he smiled, almost chiming out the word. "Insanity." How innocent he was to the world! The boy said it as though it were just a bedtime rhyme, rather than a serious matter.

Reseil Mesai

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:27 pm
"Klaus." She like the sensation of his name on her lips. "I..."

Her vision went fuzzy at the edges. For seemingly no reason, she clamped her hands to her temples and pressed, hard. Her breathing quickened, and Anna peeked in. But she calmed enough to drop her hands, and the nurse turned away. Jezebel had bit clean through her lip in her momentary distress, and when she looked up, her eyes held none of the self-awareness they had before. In a lilting voice, she related to Klaus, "My father. There's no cure... He's... a lovely poison. There is no cure for Cantalera, Klaus." Sing-song, the entire time.

Only rigid self-discipline kept Aure from snickering. Rigid self-discipline and the thought of what this was doing for her goals. "The insane are pitiful," she said softly, so softly only Victor could hear. "They are pathetic, lost souls, to be pitied, not studied." And they would all die, except for the innocents. She didn't question that she'd know the innocents from those who deserved death. But she knew she would.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:52 pm
Klaus pondered it for a moment before nodding. "Do what you must." Why shouldn't he take her on after all? The man had torment him, stolen his innocence and health. If he could be rid of him so easily than so be it. A smile drifted across his lips as he glanced at her, pleased with the idea. Perhaps soon he would be free. Oh, to be free. He made a note to return her kindness one day. "Thank you..."  

Reseil Mesai

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:09 pm
She could almost touch her fingertips together around his wrist, but then, she had extraordinarily long fingers. The insane woman hugged him close again. "I can see it," she breathed. Her eyes, if possible, were much redder than before when she opened them again. "You'll be all right. Cantalera." Jezebel giggled childishly. "Oh. Arsenic?"

"I see pretty things," she related loudly, distracting the press. "Frightful things. People scream here at night."

Aure almost laughed, but turned it into a cough. She straightened and brushed her dusky purple formal dress smooth again. "Do you suppose we'll move on soon?" Though it would appear she addressed it to the group at large, really she had directed it at Anna and Edward, since he seemed to be speaking for Klaus. "There are many other disturbed here. I would like to know where our funding is going."  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:03 pm
Klaus shook his head. Did it matter? It mattered entirely, after all. His father was by no means careless and guarder himself well against falling to similar symptoms as his son. "Only what works..." he murmured softly, "If anything is to work at all." For had he not already pondered such revenge? Yes, but so loosely as he'd never seen it to actually come in such a way.

Edward only then turned his attention to the inmate once she began vocalizing towards them. What an opportunity. With a confidence only assumed by those with many plans, Edward turned towards the press. "We will be allocating our funding towards more comfortable and modern facilities. The disturbed are but lost souls, and is it not for us to make them comfortable while they receive treatment?" He was cut off then, Josie stepping forward.

The girl radiated what the man did not. There was genuine confidence, but it was not of herself but of what she had to say. "While Mr. Edwards updates the facilities with throw pillows and gaudy trinkets, the Arrikanez will be allocating our funding in neurological, and psychological treatments and preventive care. We want the patients to be able to resume their lives away from this place as soon as possible.." she then looked towards Edward and smiled, "rather than keeping them here."

This seemed to turn the press into a loud frenzy of hushed controversy over the matter. Was the little girl challenging one so well established? Truly she jested...

Reseil Mesai

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:43 pm
Jezebel looked at Edward with an expression darker than sin. "I," she said slowly but with great dignity, "am very comfortable." Her room did look home-like, cluttered with the accoutrements of one who expected a long stay. The windows were hung with heavy drapes and there were rugs scattered across the floor- this degree of personalization was only available to her because she was docile in familiar settings. "I do not..." She clenched her teeth again, fighting against what would be a long slide into insanity. They couldn't see Lamia. Of course you can't talk to things that are not there. "Stop it," she said to no one.

"Come out of there," Anna said to Klaus, looking worried. "Please."

Meanwhile, Aurelius smirked behind a raised hand. "Right now you're doing nothing but trying to outshine each other," said she, softly and in the tones of a peacemaker. "This place is the very height of the cutting edge. Perhaps we should see what they need before going on about what we would like them to do with our money." What she had going for her wasn't confidence, but a girlish innocence that at least Josie would know what just exceedingly well-faked. Her green eyes dared the other girl to call her on her trickery.  
+Illusionary+

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff