Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply Main Forum
.:Which Expansions?:.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blaze_Kudasaki

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:37 pm
Ok, well in a month or so my birthday is coming up. I need to buy a new video card so I can play Sims 2 again It's about $50.00. I usually get at least $140-150 so which expansions do you think I should buy?

I have:
OFB: Yes
Nightlife: Yes
Seasons: No
Pets: No
University: No
Bon Voyage: No
Freetime: No

Which do you think I should get?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:40 pm
Since Free Time isn't really out yet, and I haven't had a chance to play it, I can't suggest it. Yet.

I suppose it depends on your play style.

Uni is pretty boring and I don't think it adds enough to the game to make it worth while. I also hear Pets is boring too in that it doesn't add a lot of real features to the game. But I don't have it, so I don't know. I don't feel I'm missing much without it though.

BV is really fun, and I love what it adds out of the game. Walking, honeymoons, vacations where no time passes so I get to spend more time with favorite sims. Vacations can also be boring, but this pack adds a lot of stuff that you can do at home. Digging for treasure and taking pictures to name a couple.

But my favorite is still Seasons. I love the rain, and I love when it snows. Gardening is sweet, as can be fishing. Plus, since I have OFB (and you have it too I see) you can set up shops selling what you fish and grow.

Banana-nana

tamenak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:18 am
My favorite EP so far is Seasons and BV second. So, I would say any of those two.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:55 pm
I love season. Great items and great evoriments. So much to do with that pack.

* pets can get annoying. Perhaps if you liked pets in the first Sims you would like this one then, but for me it was just to much of a nuisance.
* Only fun is playing with the college scene. But don't expect to much of faimly life since your too busy doing homework and attending classes.
*Bon Voyage. Its fun but damn did it glitch up bad for me. Would be by second choice.
* Free time. Have not played it.  

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

Blaze_Kudasaki

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:29 pm
Yeah, I agree Seasons seems great. I'm defintaly getting Seasons. I'm thinking of Seasons, Pets, and University.

University for the Mini-Fridge, Pool Table, etc.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:16 am
I would have to say seasons. The weather effects are just beautiful, and they make t game incredibly real. After playing sims with seaons....I don't think I could ever play sims without it! rofl It also makes it easier for your sims to get skill points in the fall, have family bonds in the winter, fall in love in the spring, and make friends in the summer. Seasons is deffinatly the best pack so far.  

shmarty

Lady Pemberly

7,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:34 pm
Free time has a lot of good items, and it's one of my favorite EPs, since there is a lot of variety, and a lot of misc. decorations.
But Pets is also up there. I just bought seasons myself, so I'm still judging that one

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:22 am
shmarty
I would have to say seasons. The weather effects are just beautiful, and they make t game incredibly real. After playing sims with seaons....I don't think I could ever play sims without it! rofl It also makes it easier for your sims to get skill points in the fall, have family bonds in the winter, fall in love in the spring, and make friends in the summer. Seasons is deffinatly the best pack so far.

Same here. Definitely Seasons. Or Bon Voyage. Those two are the best! whee  

cerulean16

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces